Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 26-09-2021, 02:26 AM
Master
God being a subject, not an object

Was watching a video on youtube called The Theory of Everything.
It is a series of interviews by Curt Jaimungal. Just got into watching some of these interviews.

The segment I was watching he was reading from a book called
Is God a taoist? By Raymond Smullyan. (Have not read myself, may check it out)
In which “man” is speaking to “God”

There was a part that was read in which God responded “I am not an object, but a subject”. This jumped out at me and find an interesting suggestion/idea/statement to explore.

So, in your view is God more of a subject then an object?

Is God something that through talking about God images are formed, but in essence is not some-thing, just is?

Other words I heard used for God are consciousness and awareness (for example). These just are happening. Just adding this to expand upon this.

Well, it is an interesting reflection for me

Welcome any input, insight, opinions, responses, ect for discussion

Thank you
Old 26-09-2021, 08:47 AM
hazada guess

Is God something that through talking about God images are formed, but in essence is not some-thing, just is?

Exactly.
Old 26-09-2021, 11:32 AM
Master

God being subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow

There was a part that was read in which God responded “I am not an object, but a subject”.
Welcome any input, insight, opinions, responses, ect for discussion

Thank you
God is in-dwelling consciousness/spirit . So in that technically we are God or to be more precise part of God .In that sense He becomes subject in us when thinking/acting in sync with this spirit .

At the same time the God is everywhere . So when acting/thinking for God in others , he is object also .

So according to me it's subject and object both depending on the context we talk about.
Old 26-09-2021, 02:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
At the same time the God is everywhere . So when acting/thinking for God in others , he is object also .
So according to me it's subject and object both depending on the context we talk about.
Hi HITESH SHAH,

I also conceive God being both subject and object, as well as neither, lol.

It is the neither part that, suppose, may defy the logical part of the mind.
The part that wants it to be either this or that.

Yes, if taken “God is everywhere”, then “we” are a part of God. Some may suggest “we” are God. This may seem blasphemy if taken God in the religious sense, suppose.

In the Consciousness sense and awareness sense, if taken God are these, then “we” are always conscious and aware, aren’t “we”? If so, then this called God is always present.

Just sharing some thoughts that come at the moment.

Yes, as a subject depends upon the context as to what may be spoken/written about.

Thank you
Old 26-09-2021, 02:31 PM
Master
Moon glow,

I was curious, when I read the thread title and the first thought that came to mind is that maybe, god is not a subject or an object, but a verb.

Are we not the tool of god when we are in motion and or stillness, in quiet reflection? Just a thought.
Old 26-09-2021, 02:49 PM
Master
Moonglow,
your thread reads as animistic: one of the oldest if not oldest belief systems in existence.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-09-2021, 02:55 PM
Definition of animism

1 : a doctrine that the vital principle of organic development is immaterial spirit
2 : attribution of conscious life to objects in and phenomena of nature or to inanimate objects
3 : belief in the existence of spirits separable from bodies

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-09-2021, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
So, in your view is God more of a subject then an object?
Is God... in essence is not some-thing, just is?
To me: God would be subject and object and a bag of chips.
'Not some-thing, just is?' Yes not, and yes just is.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-09-2021, 04:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Definition of animism

1 : a doctrine that the vital principle of organic development is immaterial spirit
2 : attribution of conscious life to objects in and phenomena of nature or to inanimate objects
3 : belief in the existence of spirits separable from bodies

Pretty good definitions.

In the East, Animism is practiced a lot.

In the West, people generally have no idea what Animism is about.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-09-2021, 07:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
Moon glow,

Are we not the tool of god when we are in motion and or stillness, in quiet reflection? Just a thought.

Hi Anala,

I do not know if “we” are so much as a “ tool of god”, as much as God in motion and reflection. Just a thought.

Thank you