Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 22-09-2021, 05:53 PM
traceyacey12

Do you believe in God? Why or why not?

Do you believe in God? Why or why not?
Old 22-09-2021, 08:14 PM
Master

An apparently simple question, but it does raise the issue of what do we mean by God?

For example, do I believe in the God of the Christian Bible? No - this God makes no sense.

Maybe the question could be rephrased as "Do you believe that there is an Absolute Being from which all manifestation appears as an expression of Intelligent Purpose?"
In which case my answer is yes. This makes far more sense than the idea that the Universe is the result of random chance.

Peace
Old 22-09-2021, 11:09 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
In which case my answer is yes. This makes far more sense than the idea that the Universe is the result of random chance.

hm, interesting. Thanks for the reply iamthat. Why is the universe being a result of random chance not a good explanation in your opinion? This is the thought I currently hold.
Old 23-09-2021, 03:22 AM
Gee, Tracey, I have said this before, 'I couldn't NOT believe in God if I tried."
I mean this in all seriousness.
I have been gifted with experiences that have knocked my socks off, blown my mind, stopped me in my tracks,
like a deer caught in headlights -
I call them Visitations...Divine Visitations....from the Divine...God...whatever you call the Creator...Father God.

NOW, why do these things happen to me?
I dunno...I'm not special ...I feel I may be possibly more pitiful than some and He just has blessed me
with these 'Events'...out of pity!

So I don't believe in God....that would be like saying I believe in the Sun.
He has presented Himself to me...and left me stunned for hours...
telling me profoundly beautiful things about His Heart.
(His Blessed Sacred Pure Heart.)

Now, that being said, I would like to add...I am a firm believer in,
"Seeing is believing."
I am not an advocate of blind faith.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-09-2021, 03:55 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I feel I may be possibly more pitiful than some and He just has blessed me with these 'Events'...out of pity!

lol, or maybe you were just ready to be revealed to
Old 23-09-2021, 01:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Maybe the question could be rephrased as "Do you believe that there is an Absolute Being from which all manifestation appears as an expression of Intelligent Purpose?"
In which case my answer is yes.

Why is this case not the God of the Bible?
Old 23-09-2021, 06:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
Why is this case not the God of the Bible?
The God of the Bible comes across as angry, mean, petty, vindictive, judgemental, demanding. In short, not the sort of person you would want as a neighbour, let alone as your Deity to be worshipped.

The God of the Bible is also portrayed as God transcendent - in other words, above and separate from Creation. The Bible does not seem to include God immanent - the presence of Divinity in every atom of Creation, every thought, every action.

The idea of an Absolute Being which is both immanent and transcendent makes more sense to me.

Peace
Old 23-09-2021, 06:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
Why is the universe being a result of random chance not a good explanation in your opinion? This is the thought I currently hold.

Random chance would suggest a chaotic universe, whereas I see a universe which is governed by very precise laws.

And the idea of intelligent life arising from some primordial soup due to a chance mixture of ingredients is the stuff of science fantasy. But orthodox science denies the idea of an intelligent creative force so that is the best they can come up with.

However, there are scientists who want to reconcile science and consciousness (see https://opensciences.org/).

All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.
(Max Planck, Nobel Prize-winning physicist).

Peace
Old 23-09-2021, 07:05 PM
Master

Quote:
The idea of an Absolute Being which is both immanent and transcendent makes more sense to me.

The Bible is an attempt to explain a human phenomenon: Jesus. What was striking about Jesus was his teaching on human nature. Its speaks to your idea of an Absolute Being.

A scholar of Christianity contemplates on human nature, by looking within as taught by Jesus. The goal is be Christ-like in action "from which all manifestation appears as an expression of Intelligent Purpose" (your words).
Old 23-09-2021, 09:51 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
[i][color="Blue"]All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind.....

But if the universe is intelligent, then how do you explain diseases that arise from molecular events? Why does't the universe just prevent the DNA from mutating for example?

Sorry for all the questions by the way, and thank you for taking time to respond :)