Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 03-07-2020, 03:21 PM
Master
do you read a lot?

It must be about 30 years since I have read a book from start to finish. My patience has totally expired when it comes to reading books.

Do you read a lot?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 03-07-2020, 05:14 PM
Master
From time to time. Not much. More puzzles guy myself. Sudoku, kakuro, kenken, and picture puzzles. Like doing mazes when i can too.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
It must be about 30 years since I have read a book from start to finish. My patience has totally expired when it comes to reading books.

Do you read a lot?
I do .
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 20-03-2021, 01:19 PM
Deactivated Account
I don't read a lot for several reasons -

With doing inner work 24/7, I 'read' what is being dredged up within this body, so that information coming up into the conscious mind for examination. Bringing in information from 'outside' just overwhelms this process, so I keep my reading to a minimum.

In addition with that, I tend to have periods of 'brain fog' - anymore, I don't know if it's due strictly to the CFS or if it's due to 'overhauling' the mental framework of the brain, before things get settled down again...or a combination of both. All I know is that sometimes it's just nice to sit and give my brain a rest, either through just 'vegging out' or shutting my eyes and taking a nap, as that shuts down external sensory input.

Below 40 degrees south there is no law. Below 50 degrees there is no God. - Old Sailors Adage

'In the eyes of the sea and of death, everything that is false, petty, ungenuine and untrue passes away; all empty phrases, all ringing words are extinguished; every human vanity, every human covetousness sinks away. In the face of the sea and of death only the simple, the unpretentious and the true is of value - and ultimately only the deed!' - Kptlt. Kaden
Old 20-03-2021, 02:22 PM
Not as much since Netflix, Amazon prime, hulu, etc!!!
I have a stack of spiritual books waiting for me!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-03-2021, 08:32 PM
Master

I found that the books I read come my way like arranged by somebody who guides me. They build upon each other unexpectedly.

The same happens with participating in discussions on this site, and a couple of others to a lesser degree. One, word, one reference, may trigger a train of thoughts, questions and answers, from my inner guidance including, that lead to unexpected understanding.

Unfortunately, most books don't live up to their promise. And, participating to discussions with anonymous people with various personalities brings sometimes too much aggravation.

Lately, I don't watch movies, nor generally tv almost at all. Lack of interest.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 21-03-2021, 02:00 PM
Master
I tend to go through phases reading books, but do enjoy it and tend to read before I go to sleep.
Old 21-03-2021, 02:05 PM
Legrand

I did read a very lot. I don't anymore. Simply paying close attention to one breath is like reading a full book now.
Old 21-03-2021, 07:08 PM
Master

I suggest some people read more; they're overwhelmed by delusions.
Old 22-03-2021, 02:04 PM
Pathfinder

I read mostly spiritual books, at the moment I am into "365 Steps to Practical Spirituality" by David Lawrence Preston. It is subtitled 'A day-by-day guide to finding health, contentment and inner peace', a lovely book - inspiring!

I often find myself referring to my set of 4 'Spiritual Unfoldment' books, channelled from White Eagle (Originally by Grace Cooke I think) Again, inspirational teachings, very much like Silver Birch.

Then there's my growing collection of 'Joseph' books; channelled by Michael Reccia. Very interesting....

For a change I quite like political biographies, although they can be a bit dull at times, but if I really need to switch off I'll read a very light-hearted rom/com type novel, Erica James and Marcia Willett being two of my favourites in that genre, though you may not have heard of them on the western side of the atlantic.