Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 08:42 PM
Master
I am not only going to get the vaccine as soon as it becomes available, I also may be giving the vaccine to others, as I have volunteered to come out of retirement and be available to backup healthcare staff shortages if they occur. California has a large volunteer health corps that they will be using. I have received lots of vaccines all my life, starting back in the 1950’s when I was a little kid. So I am not concerned about this vaccine.

I am 73-years old, with underlying health conditions, and a COVID-19 infection is most likely a death sentence for me. Yes, I can also die from the vaccine, or crossing the street on the way to get the vaccine. Most people are killing themselves slowly in one way or another anyway, smoking cigarettes, drinking too much alcohol, driving fast, etc. This is their choice, and many will be weighing the pros and cons of getting the vaccine.

I was a U.S. Army medic and once saw an Ebola outbreak in Somalia, Africa. People infected were bleeding from the eyes, nose, and mouth before they died. It was a horrible sight to see. Its easy to discuss COVID-19 when you are not working with people who are dying from COVID-19. Look someone in the face who is dying from COVID-19 and tell them you are not dying from COVID-19. Tell them it is a conspiracy.

Yes, I do believe that the data is skewed. The U.S. has more cases because it has more people and places like China are not disclosing how many infections or deaths they have had. So the global information is definitely based on trust. But you can be sure lots of people are going to die waiting for this vaccine, and lots of people will refuse to take the vaccine as well. That’s their choice. We make decisions for ourselves and our family and not for anyone else.

It is not my intention to try to convince people one way or the other. I am just sharing my experience, having worked in the medical field and witnessed viral outbreaks previously. I make decisions for my life based on my past experience, others will make decisions based on their criteria. We are all guiding our own ship. I think a discussion like this, talking about the pros and cons of the vaccine, quarantine, etc., may contribute to COVID-19 fatigue. Find the comfort and joy within you. Peace.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:34 PM
Deactivated Account
The talking and arguing should be finished by now.

Folk have been wittering on about "conspiracy" for weeks or months but with the vaccine almost available in the US it's crunch time. Decisions should be easy but if you're still not persuaded one way or another then flip a coin - it's as hopeless a way as continued debating and arguing.

Everything that can be reasonably said has been said. Time to choose and put your money where your mouth is.
Old 09-12-2020, 03:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I am not only going to get the vaccine as soon as it becomes available, I also may be giving the vaccine to others, as I have volunteered to come out of retirement and be available to backup healthcare staff shortages if they occur. California has a large volunteer health corps that they will be using. I have received lots of vaccines all my life, starting back in the 1950’s when I was a little kid. So I am not concerned about this vaccine.

I am 73-years old, with underlying health conditions, and a COVID-19 infection is most likely a death sentence for me. Yes, I can also die from the vaccine, or crossing the street on the way to get the vaccine. Most people are killing themselves slowly in one way or another anyway, smoking cigarettes, drinking too much alcohol, driving fast, etc. This is their choice, and many will be weighing the pros and cons of getting the vaccine.

I was a U.S. Army medic and once saw an Ebola outbreak in Somalia, Africa. People infected were bleeding from the eyes, nose, and mouth before they died. It was a horrible sight to see. Its easy to discuss COVID-19 when you are not working with people who are dying from COVID-19. Look someone in the face who is dying from COVID-19 and tell them you are not dying from COVID-19. Tell them it is a conspiracy.

Yes, I do believe that the data is skewed. The U.S. has more cases because it has more people and places like China are not disclosing how many infections or deaths they have had. So the global information is definitely based on trust. But you can be sure lots of people are going to die waiting for this vaccine, and lots of people will refuse to take the vaccine as well. That’s their choice. We make decisions for ourselves and our family and not for anyone else.

It is not my intention to try to convince people one way or the other. I am just sharing my experience, having worked in the medical field and witnessed viral outbreaks previously. I make decisions for my life based on my past experience, others will make decisions based on their criteria. We are all guiding our own ship. I think a discussion like this, talking about the pros and cons of the vaccine, quarantine, etc., may contribute to COVID-19 fatigue. Find the comfort and joy within you. Peace.

Well written and it does put a humanistic aspect on what has been politicalized which has polarized many of us.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 09-12-2020, 07:38 AM
Deactivated Account
This whole business has been politicized by conspiracy-theorists who have been writing at length in various threads for months on end. It's those claims - along with the changing political system - that have polarized thoughts and ideas in one particular country. There's been none of that in my country.

It shows the power the world wide web gives extremists to promote their political/personal aims by distributing and re-presenting misinformation. I hope that in 2021 - when Covid-19 virus protection ought to become widespread once a nationwide US vaccination programme is fully developed and implemented - we'll hear less from those who promote disruptive, divisive agendas.

Then there will likely be much less COVID fatigue, the title of this thread.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:07 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Covid fatigue is a term now being used to describe the mental and emotional condition of many around this pandemic. It might also be called “pandemic fatigue.”

Fatigue implies stress, being worn out by all of the information, often conflicting information. First responders, especially medical people, burning out. The dire outlook with increasing reported deaths from covid, and the restrictions that are placed on people during this pandemic all contribute to what is now being called “covid-fatigue.”

The stress response, which many believe is just fight or flight, actually may entail more than that. Fight, wear a mask, social distancing, and for better or worst, what policies local and regional communities are implementing. Flight, try to leave the area and go to a place in this world where the covid risk is low. Flight also means mentally escaping the covid diatribe. In my opinion this pandemic should have never been allowed to become a political issue, but when jobs, money, civil liberties, and other social issues are involved, politics are also involved.

Besides fight or flight a person may become paralyzed with fear when faced with a threat. They may also deny the existence of the threat. Stressors usually do not go on as long as this covid pandemic has gone on. So we are dealing with long term stress here, which is a major factor of covid fatigue. This is a new virus and the information on it is just now being developed as we experience it for the first time. It seems much of the information is tentative. Maintaining clarity would help more than anger or confusion.

Covid-fatigue is and emotional fatigue, it may manifest with uncontrollable crying, grief at the loss of many things we can not do, or are told not to do, during this pandemic. and unfortunately we still have many months to go before real relief may be felt by the masses. Maintaining balance, a healthy lifestyle, and doing preventive activities, like lightly exercising daily, or several times a week, can go a long way to combat covid fatigue. There are people doing virtual therapy using Zoom, etc., if they have issues they feel warrant professional intervention.

Having a structured life even if you are isolated at home alone can help. Maybe part of my structure is posting stuff like this so I don’t go bonkers. The darker it gets outside the more we need to have our headlights on. Our physical body is our vehicle by which we travel in this world. In the dreary dark cloud hanging over most of this world today, we need to have our own inner light on shinning brightly simply because it is pretty dark outside 24/7.

Please stay safe

Well stated and thank you. This is a timely reminder for All as we get through these next few months. I look forward to the time when we All find more peace in our daily lives.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
This whole business has been politicized by conspiracy-theorists who have been writing at length in various threads for months on end. It's those claims - along with the changing political system - that have polarized thoughts and ideas in one particular country. There's been none of that in my country.

It shows the power the world wide web gives extremists to promote their political/personal aims by distributing and re-presenting misinformation. I hope that in 2021 - when Covid-19 virus protection ought to become widespread once a nationwide US vaccination programme is fully developed and implemented - we'll hear less from those who promote disruptive, divisive agendas.

Then there will likely be much less COVID fatigue, the title of this thread.

I can not help myself but mentioning an article in the British medical journal by a Dr Peter Doshi the associate Editor issuing a word of caution about the supposed "95% Effective" COVID vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna.
I have seen many other concerns out of Britain over the last few weeks.
The question is, are we prepared to see them or not.
Either way, it doesn't matter much.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:51 AM
Deactivated Account
There's a difference between fatigue and stress.

Both are brought on by the restrictions and precautions citizens are facing as this pandemic continues. It's important to reflect that this IS still a pandemic, huge numbers of individuals are becoming sick, some are becoming VERY sick and many are dying. That situation will continue, potentially with ever-increasing numbers in all three categories. Although one vaccine or another should eventually begin to help, the pandemic is far from over and more-and-more people will be affected in one way or another - perhaps for many more weeks or even months.

I'm fatigued but not stressed yet but for some stress and potentially clinical depression may follow or is already occurring. Those individuals are the most vulnerable but with mental health care at an all-time low it's not a rosy prospect for them. Mental health issues were already a major concern long before this pandemic was recognised.

Various techniques and behaviors can and do help folk deal with the stress they're feeling but what works for one may not be suitable for another. Sometimes those techniques and behaviors are simply not possible for an individual. Some will need professional help and interventions. I've seen indicators here of that but problems are likely to have been there before Covid-19 appeared to add to vulnerable individuals' anxieties and stress. levels.
Old 09-12-2020, 09:04 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
I can not help myself but mentioning an article in the British medical journal by a Dr Peter Doshi the associate Editor issuing a word of caution about the supposed "95% Effective" COVID vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna.
I have seen many other concerns out of Britain over the last few weeks.
The question is, are we prepared to see them or not.
Either way, it doesn't matter much.
This thread is entitled COVID fatigue. In the context of my quoted posting I can't see the relevance of, or justification for, your response.

You quoted my general observations and hopes but then went on to refer to Doshi's article and also to mention unspecified concerns you've seen - not that they were relevant either. Selecting in isolation one individual's views about one particular aspect of one particular vaccine simply continues the practice of keeping going long-running wrangling about vaccines.
Old 09-12-2020, 09:54 AM
Administrator
There are many good posts on here about covid and its Vaccines but i think its now time to close the thread,
I agree with a previous post from Bobjob.
Asking for people to come together in 12 months or shorter and see the benefits or not, of those who have had the Vaccine.

Namaste
Closed Thread