Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 03-08-2019, 05:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Do you know every person on this Planet?

Do I have to know every person to say something that is so obvious? Show me another Christ that lived or lives at this very moment, a person that acts like Christ, thinks like Christ and talks like Christ, a person that can easily say that he/she has never done a bad thing in his/her entire life, a person that lived/lives in our human society, even children do bad things, of course, they are not aware of their actions, but Christ did no bad things, remember that story with Him in the temple of His Father, at that very young age He was doing the business of His Father... We have 2000 years of human history after Christ and if you try hard enough and still you will not find one man that even gets close to Christ.He lived 33 years right? Show me a man that has the age 33 that can say that he/she has never done something bad, never.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Do you know every person on this Planet?

"The wise person speaks because they have something to say, but the fool speaks because they must say something."

Plato
Old 03-08-2019, 05:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Do I have to know every person to say something that is so obvious? Show me another Christ that lived or lives at this very moment, a person that acts like Christ, thinks like Christ and talks like Christ, a person that can easily say that he/she has never done a bad thing in his/her entire life, a person that lived/lives in our human society, even children do bad things, of course, they are not aware of their actions, but Christ did no bad things, remember that story with Him in the temple of His Father, at that very young age He was doing the business of His Father... We have 2000 years of human history after Christ and if you try hard enough and still you will not find one man even gets close to Christ.He lived 33 years right? Show me a man that has the age 33 that can say that he/she has never done something bad, never.

It's not obvious unless you know every person on this Planet and has been on this Planet, as this isn't possible your idea that Jesus was unique is mear speculation.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
"The wise person speaks because they have something to say, but the fool speaks because they must say something."

Plato

Exactly
Old 03-08-2019, 05:51 PM
ImthatIm

Jesus was the embodiment of the Father's and Mother's Divine Love.

God was God the Godhead and still is God the Godhead.

You may very well have the most complete expression of Divine Love
through a man to His people that ever walked on the Mother.
Which gave Him the name or title The Christ and The Messiah.
This is a Great union of Father, Mother and Man.
He received this union after the baptism by John The Baptist.
He then had this union tested 40 and 40 in the wilderness.

It is clear that Jesus was not the full Godhead. Scripture states this.

This "Trinity" is a hard Spiritual truth to grasp, and at some point one relies on "faith".
Old 03-08-2019, 06:02 PM
Master
Quote:
John 10:30 "I and my Father are one."

Isn't obvious? Show me another man on this planet that is/was like Jesus, a man that has never done something bad in his entire life, a man that lived his entire life in our human society, if you can.If you look at the greatest people that walked down this Earth you will still not be able to found one that even gets close to Jesus, the standard is so high that you can't even get close, not even a single bad thing, this is His story, a man without sin, if you don't believe in sin, then a man that has never done something bad.

Perhaps it might be wise to complete the quote "I and my Father are one and the same" with "but the Father is greater than I". There are various alternate interpretations of that statement, as you probably know.

Secondly, you have stated: "If you look at the greatest people that walked down this Earth you will still not be able to found one that even gets close to Jesus, the standard is so high that you can't even get close." The first person who immediately comes to mind is Buddha, whose teachings essentially focused on purification ( as in "Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God") while wisely remaining aloof from the dogmatic theological quibbling that divides and distracts people.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:04 PM
Master

Quote:
It's not obvious unless you know every person on this Planet and has been on this Planet, as this isn't possible your idea that Jesus was unique is mear speculation.

I never heard of someone else except Jesus, if such person existed or exists, then, would not be known by all of us? After all, this person was/is the very definition of perfection, all good and perfect in every way.I met some people that are extremely good, you know, people with big hearts, and even these people were just like all of us...

Of course, is not possible to know all people, but chances are that what I say represents the truth.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Jesus was the embodiment of the Father's and Mother's Divine Love.

God was God the Godhead and still is God the Godhead.

You may very well have the most complete expression of Divine Love
through a man to His people that ever walked on the Mother.
Which gave Him the name or title The Christ and The Messiah.
This is a Great union of Father, Mother and Man.
He received this union after the baptism by John The Baptist.
He then had this union tested 40 and 40 in the wilderness.

It is clear that Jesus was not the full Godhead. Scripture states this.

This "Trinity" is a hard Spiritual truth to grasp, and at some point one relies on "faith".

The concept of a ' Trinity ' is not in the bible.

“The doctrine of the Trinity developed gradually after the completion of the New Testament in the heat of controversy, but the church fathers who developed it believed they were simply exegeting [explaining] divine revelation and not at all speculating or inventing new ideas. The full-blown doctrine of the Trinity was spelled out in the fourth century at two great ecumenical (universal) councils: Nicea (325 A.D.) and Constantinople (381 A.D.)” (2002, pp. 1-2).

We see from this and other sources quoted above that the idea of a Trinity was foreign to the biblical writers. Instead, as many of these sources openly acknowledge, the doctrine of the Trinity developed considerably later and over a span of several centuries. '
Old 03-08-2019, 06:08 PM
Master
Quote:
I never heard of someone else except Jesus, if such person existed or exists, then, would not be known by all of us? After all, this person was/is the very definition of perfection, all good and perfect in every way.I met some people that are extremely good, you know, people with big hearts, and even these people were just like all of us...

Of course, is not possible to know all people, but chances are that what I say represents the truth.

Yes it does represent your personal idea of the truth, but in reality it comes down to speculation.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Perhaps it might be wise to complete the quote "I and my Father are one and the same" with "but the Father is greater than I". There are various alternate interpretations of that statement, as you probably know.

Secondly, you have stated: "If you look at the greatest people that walked down this Earth you will still not be able to found one that even gets close to Jesus, the standard is so high that you can't even get close." The first person who immediately comes to mind is Buddha, whose teachings essentially focused on purification ( as in "Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God") while wisely remaining aloof from the dogmatic theological quibbling that divides and distracts people.

Let's not forget that He was also man, if you read more in the NT you will find out that He gave up all His glory, the one He had before creation, and took the form of a servant.

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Philippians 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men"

Buddha was indeed a great man and a very wise man, in many ways, I find myself in the situation of Buddha when he became aware of the suffering that was in the world, this very situation breaks my heart in pieces, there's so much suffering in our world....