Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 10:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hey Greeny ..

If a peep doesn't have an opinion then they can't be an atheist .. one cannot be labelled either way can they .

If one publicly declares that they don't believe in God then one has made a statement based upon that belief .

It sounds stupid because a guy says 'I don't believe that,' then you say 'ah, but that's a belief'.
Quote:
Only what you are can do anything, what causes problemo's is declaring that there is something that is outside of their control or creation when there is only what you are .
Oh great, you have answers!
Quote:
As always, being that there is the individualness that causes confusion . It's individuality vs the entirety of all that is .

Individuality doesn't reflect all there is and this is where one has to take responsibility for what one does .

This is karmically entwined with what one creates and experiences .

x dazzle x
Wait.... what? Actually, don't bother, I'm fine.
Old 07-03-2021, 12:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
A belief is a + or a 1. Lack of belief is a 0. There is no “I am a believer in the nonexistence of the tooth fairy”. Atheists don’t believe in nonexistence of god(s), they just lack belief. And we are all atheists (to a degree) anyway. Atheists may believe in other things, but not in god(s).

Yes, that is all an atheist is, anything else has nothing to do with what an atheist is or isn't.
Old 07-03-2021, 09:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It sounds stupid because a guy says 'I don't believe that,' then you say 'ah, but that's a belief'.

I find it mighty odd that one can have a belief system in place that allows them to cherry pick what they believe and what they don't and then say it's not a belief in that which they don't believe in

It doesn't matter what it refers to, it can be Santa .

So a dude has a foundation in place that knows what Santa refers to in order to disbelieve it .

There has to be a belief system in place in order to discern what is true and what isn't, what exists and what doesn't ..

A peep cannot simply make a statement about something or other that doesn't exist without believing that to be true / correct .

What is that statement based upon if not what is comparable in some way with it's opposite .

Makes no sense to me for peeps to suggest otherwise .

x daz x
Old 07-03-2021, 10:31 AM
Master
Quote:
I find it mighty odd that one can have a belief system in place that allows them to cherry pick what they believe and what they don't and then say it's not a belief in that which they don't believe in

Lack of belief is not the same as a belief, the former is a 0, the latter is a 1/+. It's logic and if we don't apply that in a conversation then anything goes. A belief is a positive, something you believe in, a thing/being/idea. An atheist doesn't believe in God(s). They don't have a belief, they lack it.
Old 07-03-2021, 10:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Lack of belief is not the same as a belief, the former is a 0, the latter is a 1/+. It's logic and if we don't apply that in a conversation then anything goes. A belief is a positive, something you believe in, a thing/being/idea. An atheist doesn't believe in God(s). They don't have a belief, they lack it.

What I am trying to explain Alt, is that the foundation for there to be a lack of belief in the first place is built upon a belief system.

To state that a peep has no belief in God and is an atheist means that one has a belief in what that constitutes .

If one doesn't have or would ever have a thought about God in the first place would reflect a peep that doesn't have a belief in God.

The fact that peeps state an opinion on God existing or not means that one has an opinion of what God is or isn't, or if God exists or not.

For some reason, some don't actually see their belief system in place fundamentally.

What is God to be or not to be? In order to state either way in the existence of God or not.

Do you see how you can't just have an opinion about God, and not entertain a belief in God?

x daz x

Last edited by God-Like : 07-03-2021 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-03-2021, 10:44 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Disbelief or unbelief, that is the question.

https://www.answers-in-reason.com/so...and-disbelief/

As I see it belief and disbelief are two sides of the same coin and a quick Google seems to support that position. Why not just say "I don't know" and leave the door open, however wide or narrow, for additional information to present itself? Of course in the case of the Ineffable objective and conclusive evidence just ain't gonna materialize.
Old 07-03-2021, 10:45 AM
Master
Quote:
What I am trying to explain Alt, is that the foundation for there to be a lack of belief in the first place is built upon a belief system.

There isn't. Belief in God(s) is taught. We all start with a blank sheet, and that's what atheism is.
Old 07-03-2021, 10:47 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
There isn't. Belief in God(s) is taught. We all start with a blank sheet, and that's what atheism is.

A blank sheet would be "I don't know" vs. "I don't believe".
Old 07-03-2021, 10:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Disbelief or unbelief, that is the question.

https://www.answers-in-reason.com/so...and-disbelief/

As I see it belief and disbelief are two sides of the same coin and a quick Google seems to support that position. Why not just say "I don't know" and leave the door open, however wide or narrow, for additional information to present itself? Of course in the case of the Ineffable objective and conclusive evidence just ain't gonna materialize.

Eggsactly .. for as soon as you make a point about something you have already stated your belief in that .

It's like pointing to the moon and saying I don't believe in the moon

In order to point, one must already believe in that which is pointed at .

It doesn't matter what you think about the moon, for that is a secondary account / notion, that comes about after the primary belief in the moon .

x daz x
Old 07-03-2021, 10:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
A blank sheet would be "I don't know" vs. "I don't believe".

Belief in God is taught, just as one may believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy. The agnostic position may appear more sound but if we're honest about things then atheism is far more practical. We don't live our lives claiming we aren't sure about tooth fairies and real giraffes in the clouds.

Theists like to drag atheists down to their level and claim they are believers too. It's silly. Atheism just riles a lot of people up big time.
Closed Thread