Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 21-10-2020, 08:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What is ' Intuition ' that you can trust ?
Intuition is heart understanding and knowledge without reasoning and thinking. Intuition is the feeling of knowing something, without having a doubt about it. I think intuition is our higher/inner self feeling of I AM giving us knowledge. Intuition is a FEELING and our higher/inner self is our individual FEELING of I AM, So intuition and our individual higher/inner self FEELING of I AM are one and the same.
Old 21-10-2020, 10:30 PM
Master
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intuition
Quote:
Buddhism finds intuition to be a faculty in the mind of immediate knowledge and puts the term intuition beyond the mental process of conscious thinking, as the conscious thought cannot necessarily access subconscious information, or render such information into a communicable form.

In Zen Buddhism various techniques have been developed to help develop one's intuitive capability, such as koans – the resolving of which leads to states of minor enlightenment (satori).

In parts of Zen Buddhism intuition is deemed a mental state between the Universal mind and one's individual, discriminating mind.
Here I would refer to my post about “Host” and “Guest”
https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...8&postcount=77

When the “link” between the Universal mind and the Individual mind is established – one has to have faith and trust in that “link” created intuition (but not before).

Old 22-10-2020, 07:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Intuition is heart understanding and knowledge without reasoning and thinking. Intuition is the feeling of knowing something, without having a doubt about it. I think intuition is our higher/inner self feeling of I AM giving us knowledge. Intuition is a FEELING and our higher/inner self is our individual FEELING of I AM, So intuition and our individual higher/inner self FEELING of I AM are one and the same.

Interesting the way you personally see ' Intuition '. Feeling seems to be mentioned by many but as ' Feeling ' changes I personally don't put 100% trust in my own feelings, I find them to be unreliable.....
Old 22-10-2020, 10:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Interesting the way you personally see ' Intuition '. Feeling seems to be mentioned by many but as ' Feeling ' changes I personally don't put 100% trust in my own feelings, I find them to be unreliable.....
Yes, subjective feelings such as hate, fear, happy, sad and romantic love changes but the deep inner feeling of I AM does not change.

Many people mention/talk about the subjective feelings above.
Old 22-10-2020, 10:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, subjective feelings such as hate, fear, happy, sad and romantic love changes but the deep inner feeling of I AM does not change.
Reality exists of two levels, the absolute level and the relative level.
“Host” and “guest” – the absolute and the relative.

If by the “inner feeling of I AM” you mean the “Host” and by intuition the Host and Guest mutual exchange … then I understand your meaning …

Buddha inspired Rumi poem?:
https://www.christophertitmussblog.o...and-the-buddha
Quote:
THE GUEST HOUSE
by Rumi

This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they’re a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honourably.

He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.

The Buddha often commented that the whole world is found in our body. The body is a guest house.

The Buddha and Rumi remind us that guests turn up as as different kinds of feelings/experiences, welcome and unwelcome.

The Buddha knows we cannot always be grateful for our guests, as Rumi suggests, whether they arrive from within or without. Instead, the Buddha encouraged us to give the guests our fullest attention to see and understand their presence.

Old 22-10-2020, 11:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Reality exists of two levels, the absolute level and the relative level.
“Host” and “guest” – the absolute and the relative.

If by the “inner feeling of I AM” you mean the “Host” and by intuition the Host and Guest mutual exchange … then I understand your meaning …

Buddha inspired Rumi poem?:
https://www.christophertitmussblog.o...and-the-buddha

Exactly bud, that is another way to put it.
Old 22-10-2020, 11:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Exactly bud, that is another way to put it.

Oh, goody ...

Old 22-10-2020, 11:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Oh, goody ...

Old 23-10-2020, 09:30 AM
Master
I think a wise person who claims there are two truths wouldnt just say it is if it is a fact, because they would know it is not a fact, but a contextual statement. If they understood what they spoke of they would understand that making a simple statement is entirely vacuous.

Such statements are not true. They are like an abstract of a concept which needs to be fleshed out.

To further state that not comprehending the difference in the implied comparison indicates the impossibility of comprehending dhamma is ludicrous. I read the statement and of course had no idea what it meant because the context was left unexplained. Indeed, there would be many nuances of meaning to such a statement. What I see is not a true statement. Not a false statement. Not one true; and more like a very simplistic thing to say rather than something wise. It is what I call a vacuous statement. It sounds kinda wise and all, but is completely devoid of content.

Let me elaborate for those who still understand paragraphs. The truth is not a stand alone nor categorically distinct. The underlying facets of honesty cannot be regarded as knowledge, but are regarded as the truth. This implies not that there are kinds of truth in fact, but qualities of being, degrees of integrity, where truthfulness forms a basis of a faceted whole and is a requisite of discovery.

It is truthfulness that cultivates trust, and when I see vaccuous wisdom passed off as a truth statement and the claim that you need to know the difference to be established in dhamma, that's either someone who thinks they know something but doesn't or someone who doesn't know but pretends that they do. If they know the thing they would also understand the nuances and realise the vacuity of what they said.
Old 23-10-2020, 11:43 AM
Master

truths

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Found, courtesy markings:

"All Buddhas depend on two truths
In order to preach the Dharma to sentient beings.
The first is the worldly mundane truth.
The second is the truth of supreme meaning.

If one is not able to know
The distinction between the two truths (my emphasis)
One cannot know the true meaning
Of the profound Buddha Dharma."

from the Mulamadhyamakakarika Chapt 24 Vers 8 and 9
This roughly translates to degrees of truth Hinduism also talks about.
1. Aadhi-bhautik --> Physical mundane truth
2. Aadhi-daivik --> Ethical having to do with right wrong truth untruth (which are moral orders propounded and practiced by greater spiritual beings)
3. Aadhyatmic --> Having to do with Spirit (Spiritual truth like God is everywhere , spirit is eternal etc) .