Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 11-03-2015, 05:01 AM
Experiencer

Indigo low confidence low self-esteem

I just discovered that I'm an Indigo child. Never paid much attention to it before today, but for some reason I read an article covering it in passing and started researching it. It describes me to a T. It's actually quite mind-blowing how many questions I've had about myself over the course of my life that have been answered just by researching one term.

OK, so here's my problem: All the descriptions say high self-esteem and high confidence are traits of an Indigo. One article said the quickest way to determine if you're talking to one is if they have deep, meaningful eye-contact with you too. Thing is, I have terrible eye contact and my confidence and self-esteem are and always have been running on empty.

That's not to say I'm not good at stuff. An example: I usually pick up new skills very easily. I get frustrated with stupid teachers that can't keep up with my speed. I know this from tons of experiences, yet at the same time when going into a new learning situation I'll act very timid and act like I'm not grasping things. If other learners are present they'll always run ahead of me and trail-blaze, but in the end I'll do it better than them. ;D

I think part of why I behave this way is because I know I can make easy enemies by out performing others or talking like I know everything, so I make it so it looks like I know nothing and try my best to conceal my abilities. I've done this as long as I can remember. As a result of this and other emotional factors I can't look people confidently in the eye and usually keep quiet and don't speak my mind when I should. I definitely don't take charge of situations. This all confuses me because it seems like the exact opposite of an Indigo from what I've read, yet every single other point on the lists I can check off.

Anyone got some intel on this situation??

Last edited by engellstein : 11-03-2015 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:47 PM
innervoice

I dont have any specific intel for you.
However I do believe that if you feel that you are an Indigo, then you are one.
I am not sure that you need to fulfil ALL criteria, even for any point of view.
Good luck with your journey!
x
Old 11-03-2015, 03:04 PM
Pathfinder

To me, indigo is helpful label that can aid individuals with like abilities to discover tendencies and come together and discuss these issues. It is very helpful, but it can also be a label that promotes 'us' and 'them' with some sort of spiritual superiority. Because of this, I would say go with the flow and definitely see yourself as an indigo as much as it helps you process the issues you are working on. If it resonates with you - pursue it, be with it. But don't get too caught up in fulfilling all the aspects of the label; we're all the same in the end.

It seems like you need to own your personal power and abilities. There are many ways to make enemies. Some people can show-off, put down, etc. I don't think using your abilities is something you should shirk in an effort to avoid enemies. By being your best self you are whole and able to work with all the people and energies you attract, whether new friends or otherwise. I'd say trust yourself and relax; be who you are meant to be.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:45 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by engellstein
Thing is, I have terrible eye contact and my confidence and self-esteem are and always have been running on empty.

Actually, this is quite normal for Indigos. Most articles are just people regurgitating old information with no direct knowledge or experience.

What gives us Indigo's our unique signature is our weak solar plexus and our strong third eye. The solar plexus is the lower mental body, the third eye is the higher mental body. This means we can easily tune into higher truths, but when it comes to social behaviour (which is the mental process governed by the solar plexus chakra) we just fall apart.

So due to our inability to 'fit in' (weak lower mental body) coupled with our understanding of higher truths, it makes us appear non-conformist and also very opinionated and stubborn, since we are not easily swayed by others opinions (something an open solar plexus and closed third eye would cause you to be).

So it's really like we're reversed. Most people have their third eye closed and their solar plexus open. In Indigos the solar plexus tends to open last, whilst the third eye is open from birth.

So considering that, you sound perfectly Indigo to me. Just try not to become too hooked to the labels- we create them, they don't create us. ;-)
Old 11-03-2015, 03:48 PM
Knower

The sense of spiritual superiority is the problem with these 'new indigos' popping up all over the globe. Everyone is an 'indigo'. And since this planet stems from the soul of the world, everybody also comes from a different planet. Everyone is a starseed. Some people just have the luxury of understanding. It doesn't give anyone a right to create further separation by perceiving people as being lesser beings.

If there's one thing these 'new indigos' seem to have in common, it's that they all have this thought like, "I knew I was more special than everybody else!" It is not so. We're all the same in our differences.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:03 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by l o t u s
The sense of spiritual superiority is the problem with these 'new indigos' popping up all over the globe. Everyone is an 'indigo'. And since this planet stems from the soul of the world, everybody also comes from a different planet. Everyone is a starseed. Some people just have the luxury of understanding. It doesn't give anyone a right to create further separation by perceiving people as being lesser beings.

If there's one thing these 'new indigos' seem to have in common, it's that they all have this thought like, "I knew I was more special than everybody else!" It is not so. We're all the same in our differences.

Nobody mentioned greater or lesser beings. Indigos have self-worth problems (weak solar plexus as I mentioned in my previous post), so in effect that really means we don't actually see our own value and specialness (which everyone has) in the first place.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:25 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Actually, this is quite normal for Indigos. Most articles are just people regurgitating old information with no direct knowledge or experience.

What gives us Indigo's our unique signature is our weak solar plexus and our strong third eye. The solar plexus is the lower mental body, the third eye is the higher mental body. This means we can easily tune into higher truths, but when it comes to social behaviour (which is the mental process governed by the solar plexus chakra) we just fall apart.

So due to our inability to 'fit in' (weak lower mental body) coupled with our understanding of higher truths, it makes us appear non-conformist and also very opinionated and stubborn, since we are not easily swayed by others opinions (something an open solar plexus and closed third eye would cause you to be).

So it's really like we're reversed. Most people have their third eye closed and their solar plexus open. In Indigos the solar plexus tends to open last, whilst the third eye is open from birth.

So considering that, you sound perfectly Indigo to me. Just try not to become too hooked to the labels- we create them, they don't create us. ;-)

Well said! I think the thing that really effects me is I'm extremely empathic. So if I'm just doing what I naturally do and it happens to outshine the next guy I can feel his hatred burn through me like a lazer. I hate that feeling and try to avoid bringing that on myself. I think that coupled with the general sense of not fitting in and being different has taken an emotional toll on me. On the flip side I've always felt this burning need to stand up and do something, yet I've allowed my emotional state to paralyze me in life.

I'm just starting to do research and figure out how I fit in and after running into this indigo volunteer wave stuff it all just finally makes sense. I feel that I now need to figure out how to get past all this confidence and self-esteem lack. I know people that have similar issue with those things and yet they are content in life, it's like they just accept it as the way things are. Me, I've always felt like they were keeping me from what I really am and I've been searching for the way out of the mud puddle for years with little success. Maybe understanding my purpose better will change how I feel naturally?
Old 11-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Experiencer

Quote:

I think the brat entitlement-issued individuals that you're referring to are generation z's/millennials, not indigos. Before you judge so harshly you should read my reply to ScarlettHayden. I have no superiority issues, if anything I feel under everyone else. And, yes, in the end everyone is the same, but that doesn't mean you should attack people that identify with indigos. They certainly don't choose to be different and not fit in. If anything, I've longed my whole life to be normal like all the many peers I've known, yet it's always eluded me. So please take those biased, uneducated opinions elsewhere. You obviously don't know the struggle some have to deal with and are in no position to judge as you have.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:46 PM
Experiencer

Quote:

Maybe a few think like that but the majority think like, "I knew I was different than everybody else!"

Huge difference. And that is said because they never fit in anywhere before then and there's nothing worse than to live your life and not know your place.

Only YOU think that they think they are "more special" because you're evidently struggling with victim issues. That has nothing to do with indigos. You no doubt carry that attitude with you everywhere you go in life. Tip: best get those negative thoughts cleaned up. It'll help you immensely in all areas of life.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:51 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by engellstein
I think the brat entitlement-issued individuals that you're referring to are generation z's/millennials, not indigos. Before you judge so harshly you should read my reply to ScarlettHayden. I have no superiority issues, if anything I feel under everyone else. And, yes, in the end everyone is the same, but that doesn't mean you should attack people that identify with indigos. They certainly don't choose to be different and not fit in. If anything, I've longed my whole life to be normal like all the many peers I've known, yet it's always eluded me. So please take those biased, uneducated opinions elsewhere. You obviously don't know the struggle some have to deal with and are in no position to judge as you have.
The thing is you kind of do have a sense of superiority. You go on to tell me my opinion is biased an uneducated because I don't come across as glittery and sunny to you.
You describe "bratty individuals with entitlement issues" with a completely different label than you (creating more separation to feel superior) when there are certainly "indigos" who have "entitlement issues" as you say.
I didn't "attack" you. I'm entitled to my opinion. If you don't like it, too bad. I may be the only one to speak up the way I do, but I know I'm not alone.
What's with these "indigos" being so easily offended.