Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 14-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Master
What do u do with a gloomy moods?

Hello beautiful peoples

What do u do with a gloomy mood?

You know those days when things are just not going right, you started off happy and all of a sudden Phow !!!.. U feel flat and gloomy/sad /even maybe a bit depressed!
I thought Id start a thread on sharing whereby we can all maybe try some-one elses approach and see if it works.. we are all individuals and I am sure there are some great ideas out there
Myself personally ... I try and shift my thoughts... if my mood is really rather glum I visualise the mood being pulled out of me and I fill myself with stars of colors or whatever takes my fancy.. rainbows .. lightbeams etc.. Another thing I do is I sit and listen to good music and will make myself ... jump out of my chair and dance around shaking it ( the body) until I get a stitch ( phew.. too tired then to be gloomy!) or I will listen to silence and think back through my store house of memorys I have collected in my mind; to a really funny time in my life and I will hang on to the feeling of the memory for awhile... have done that last one in gloomy company of others am sure they thought I was mad, when a loud laugh burst forth from my lips! Its the moment that counts .. how do I want to spend mine .ummmmmm as happy as I can where possible.
What do you do ??? What puts a smile on your Dial ??? what to share

Last edited by Smiler : 14-10-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 14-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Administrator
Hey Smiler,

I tend to put my music on it really is soothing enya, is very good for it or i listen to my Native Music that does it for me,

Namaste
Old 14-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Master
Yeah, music is a great cure.
Search Youtube for all your favorites.
Old 14-10-2010, 04:19 PM
star-child

I visualise a Unicorn or Angel near me
Old 14-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Master
I've found that if I try to fake it and "make" myself feel better, it doesn't work and I get moodier.

I have had success with just accepting what I feel and not feeling bad for feeling bad. Doesn't make me cheerful necessarily but we can't be grinning all the time :)

Old 14-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Master
I love the fact that we are all unique, thanks for sharing guys!

Blessings
:)
Old 14-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Ascender
If I happen to be feeling gloomy or sorry for myself - its generally comes from my perception of things, so I change my way of thinking and get over it or even just accept that things are the way they are and that I can change the circumstances - or create better times for myself. There are far more people - worse off than me - in the world!

If someone happens to make me feel sad, down or even angry - I'll take a look at myself and try to pinpoint how they managed to effect me and why? I must of reacted in that way because its me that has to address things about myself in my opinion. We are all each others teachers right? Obviously they need to do some work on themselves too, but who am I to point that out?

If none of that works and and I still cant manage to pick myself up out of a dreary mood for whatever reason , Ill find the company of a friend who I know is sure to make me laugh. I have the rest of my life to work on myself - so Ill take a break and turn my mood around.

Laughter is the best medicine - and I am blessed enough to have great friends whom can manage to put a smile on my dial. It always manages to lift my spirit.

" And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?"

Jesus Christ

Old 14-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Knower
Hi smiler
A nice relaxing bath wiv some smelly stuff in it.
Exercise is always good for lifting moods that's a medically proven fact.
A spot of retail therapy
Ring a friend, or family you haven't spoken to for awhile.
Take up some creative hobby.
Well that's a few ideas.

Love light and blessings to all
Spiritmessenger

Old 14-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Master
Great stuff guys ... Hey Spirit I love a bath with nice smellys and candles ( and a glass of wine. LOL . :) Love what you do ... Good for you Spirit and Lovey hey great attitude! taking a break from it all sounds delightful, I best hang with my friends more on the cloudy days! I must get a note book and title it things to do on glum day and write these extra ideas down.. can never be too short on brilliance and ways that soothe the soul.

:)'s at you all
and bless you for sharing :)

Last edited by Smiler : 14-10-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 17-10-2010, 06:10 AM
rus11

Nature. I go outside, walk along a river, stare at the trees and listen to the birds while the breeze passes me by.