Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 04-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by p & p
only the ego can be harmed by kundalini, not the self.

I wish I could find that video but it had me scared lol. I'm now learning to read about and study on my own and make my own choices, I refuse to be a controlled robot by the 'church leaders.'
Old 04-01-2012, 11:41 PM
p & p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn1976
I wish I could find that video but it had me scared lol. I'm now learning to read about and study on my own and make my own choices, I refuse to be a controlled robot by the 'church leaders.'

i just uploaded a retelling of my first full kundalini rising, complete with all of major my mistakes and hoorahs.

here is the link, if you're interested. that way you can know what it is, what to expect, and more.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn1976
Being a Christian for 8 years and recently expanding my horizons, I was always told horror stories about mediation and the kundalini. The stories always served as a warning for Christians not to do it.

Yeah... I've see that.

Quote:
BUT...

it seems as if most people here are doing it and nothing negative is coming out of it. Everyone here talks positive about it. I'm wondering if the stories I was told are even true now.

So I guess my question is this: Can someone meditate and open themselves up to bad things? Christian leaders and such always taught me the kundalini spirit was a demon spirit. But no one here says anything awful about it on this forum. I'm beginning to feel as if I was brainwashed.

The whole thing is based around 'know thyself' which is a principle all religions agree with (I'd hope). It's truth within yourself, and discovering more the true nature of your being.
Old 14-01-2012, 10:52 PM
aura5000

Hi Dawn, what you should seek is inner peace, forget Kundalini, set your heart on your mind, its only when you realise that your mind when in peace & totally silent, is the real you, that secret, sacred place that will reveal eventually your sprituality, that god is not only with you, but has always been part of you. Let the journey begin......
Old 15-01-2012, 03:47 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by aura5000
Hi Dawn, what you should seek is inner peace, forget Kundalini, set your heart on your mind, its only when you realise that your mind when in peace & totally silent, is the real you, that secret, sacred place that will reveal eventually your sprituality, that god is not only with you, but has always been part of you. Let the journey begin......

Thanks, excellent advice! You are all so helpful!
Old 17-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Master
Friend of mine is born again but she's got the most open mind of any born again I've ever met... it's interesting.

I realised quite early on that I'd been sent into her life to help out and one of the best things is the conversation with God that goes on between and through all of us. She's a little less aware of the subtleties of this communication and I find it really amusing when I feel God speaking through her to me, but she doesn't know, and when I speak from God to her, I know it, but she doesn't... though the time it takes her to get into her life what has come through is getting shorter... she's learning!

Christianity, as a teaching, has all the stuff in it one needs to achieve enlightenment but the church itself resonates at a lower level than those teachings... as a general rule.

What I've surmised is that Christianity is kind of a half way house that allows people a time of rest, a kind of halfway house where burdens are put aside for a while, so one can gather the necessary strength to go on. Trouble is many stay but by the same token, that which makes many stay, allows the necessary resistance for others to free themselves of the public life of the church and move on... or stay within and become beacons of change and lightening of the worldlier aspects of the church.

Just let your heart guide you.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
Friend of mine is born again but she's got the most open mind of any born again I've ever met... it's interesting.

I realised quite early on that I'd been sent into her life to help out and one of the best things is the conversation with God that goes on between and through all of us. She's a little less aware of the subtleties of this communication and I find it really amusing when I feel God speaking through her to me, but she doesn't know, and when I speak from God to her, I know it, but she doesn't... though the time it takes her to get into her life what has come through is getting shorter... she's learning!

Christianity, as a teaching, has all the stuff in it one needs to achieve enlightenment but the church itself resonates at a lower level than those teachings... as a general rule.

What I've surmised is that Christianity is kind of a half way house that allows people a time of rest, a kind of halfway house where burdens are put aside for a while, so one can gather the necessary strength to go on. Trouble is many stay but by the same token, that which makes many stay, allows the necessary resistance for others to free themselves of the public life of the church and move on... or stay within and become beacons of change and lightening of the worldlier aspects of the church.

Just let your heart guide you.

I'm seeing this now too. I was a call girl and in a dark place in my life when I came to Christianity. Lots of healing had to take place, inner healing. I still feel a 'sick' feeling from time to time when something triggers memories of the dark time, but for the most part I am ok.

Now I am ready to move on I guess. I am not dropping my beliefs as far as Jesus and God go, but the 'church' is not for me. I stopped attending church because it didn't feel right. So much hypocrisy and I felt that the way traditional church runs seems to conflict with teachings of Jesus. Well, all that could be for another discussion on another thread.

I read some things online about the Kundalini, and I'm kinda fearful. People talking about how they have gotten sick, chronic illnesses, and they just seem miserable from it. And something about the fire serpent getting activated too soon or something, and it causing harm. The last thing I wanna be is sick.

I will not focus on that, I will just meditate for now and try to focus on having my chakras healthy and grounding myself.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Master
There are many kinds of meditation, some require teachers or else they can produce a reaction from the ego that is dangerous, others insight energies to start moving that havent moved before and this can be a little frightening, not knowing whats going on, here againa good teacher will help...but ... good teachers are few and far between.
Generally tho, simple breath centred meditations are safe, but I have always offered my meditation up to god/the universe/jesus/krishna or what ever your higher image is before doing the meditation. My expereince of meditation has always been positive, but likeanythign where u are trying to instill a new discipline (ie weight training or running) there are always a few `aches` as you get stronger and you change.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Master
Somebody said somewhere, and I read it yesterday, that Kundalini is a sexual energy and it would seem that such an energy could be transformed into a higher nature if the higher nature was there to begin with... as in the default setting of the heart and mind could be of a spiritual stature where the default energy at the base of out nature could be transformed into a passion devoid of a need to gratify self.

Everything comes when it's ready and any pushing to the front of the cue will be rewarded with suitable reminders of the nature of power.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
There are many kinds of meditation, some require teachers or else they can produce a reaction from the ego that is dangerous, others insight energies to start moving that havent moved before and this can be a little frightening, not knowing whats going on, here againa good teacher will help...but ... good teachers are few and far between.
Generally tho, simple breath centred meditations are safe, but I have always offered my meditation up to god/the universe/jesus/krishna or what ever your higher image is before doing the meditation. My expereince of meditation has always been positive, but likeanythign where u are trying to instill a new discipline (ie weight training or running) there are always a few `aches` as you get stronger and you change.

I'm hoping to awaken my semi-dormant abilities and bring out the psychic in me by meditating, but I've been going into meditation without a 'goal.'