Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-06-2011, 12:46 AM
BoyWhoDisappeared

Can We Eat In the Afterlife?

I know it's a really strange question, but I'm a really strange guy and I've always been so curious. I mean, it's obvious that we wouldn't need to eat anything, but what if we wanted to just for the heck of it? If so, I'd probably spend eternity eating chocolate
Old 17-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Deactivated Account

Not sure on the answer to this one, I don't think you can actually eat ... you might just be able to remember and savor the taste as you once knew it. A friend in spirit commented that he really missed the taste of coffee.

Sparrow answers many questions about the Afterlife in his thread - Common Questions about the Afterlife http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3848 you might find an answer in there . Even if he doesn't answer that particular question, lots of interesting info in there , check it out !

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 17-06-2011, 01:34 AM
Master
In my opinion, in the afterlife we eat what's there to eat... light and love.

Xan

Old 17-06-2011, 01:54 AM
Porcelain

I'm with Dream_Angel.. we don't actually eat. But miss the way thing taste and the texture of food. I read that in the Journey of Souls book. I remember reading souls can say for example "conjour" up an orange out of energy.. but it's not the same as on Earth.
Old 17-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Master

Jesus ate after he was raised from the dead.
And while they still disbelieved for joy and were marveling, he said to them, “Have you anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish,and he took it and ate before them.
Luke 24:41,42 ESV

After a person dies he is temporarily in a disembodied state, but he won't remain in this condition forever. We will all be raised in one of two resurrections, one for life and one for judgment. Those who take part in the resurrection of life will be able to eat just as Jesus did, although they probably won't need to.

http://www.gotquestions.org/resurrec...st-second.html
Old 17-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Jesus ate after he was raised from the dead.

And while they still disbelieved for joy and were marveling, he said to them, “Have you anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish,and he took it and ate before them.

Luke 24:41,42 ESV

yes, but ..... if Jesus ate after He rose from the dead, then He was back among the living when He ate ... not in the Afterlife

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 17-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Master
When upon the Earth you think about what you would like to eat, you place a specific image, flavour or meal in your mind. This helps you decide what you are going to prepare and cook.

In the spirit world this process is continued. That is, as long as you can remember how something looks, tastes and smells, then you will be able to manifest it and experience the exact sensations you remember having. In the spirit world thoughts are made solid and physical simply by intention.

Should it be the case for some, who have never before tasted a specific wine, or a specific bar of chocolate, then what they would do is visit the halls of learning and ask for a book on that specific chocolate. The book itself, which contains the very essence of what chocolate is, would teach you how to experience the taste as it once was upon the Earth. It would do this by allowing you to access recorded sensations and experiences every single being once had whilst eating that chocolate, then it would impart that information into your consciousness in a very real and personal way. Because thoughts are real tangible things, the information it imparts within you would be absorbed as your own personal experience and memory. This is the same principle as for those who choose never to have a physical life, but instead experience it via prime source.
Other beings in the spirit world will also teach you how to process tastes and sensations of things you have only dreamt of.

-Sparrow

~~~Spirit Guide Sparrow~~~
From the wisdom of my council to the wisdom of yours

¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜� �”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸
Old 17-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Rivendoah

I think for me... I will be happy never having to process food in a body ever again...
Old 18-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Azlore

I believe our truest forms once we leave the body is energy, eternal energy so I think that things like food and water wouldn't be needed as they would not be required ... just my thoughts :)
Old 20-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Artaxerxes

I believe that the other side will seem just as real, or even more so, than this life. And that this life is in preparation for the next life. This side is only a holographic projection from the other side. Dr. Craig Hogan, the director of Fermilab recently made the statement in an online article that he believes we live in a holographic universe. He also said that a holographic projection has a certain inherent degree of blurriness; perhaps this is why so many near death experiencers say that the other side seemed even more real and more clear than this side?

Perhaps the other side is the holographic film and this side is the projection and after our physical body dies our consciousness or soul simply migrates or projects to the original holographic film from when this side arises?

We are simply spiritual beings having a physical experience. The knowledge or information we are gathering here can be used on the other side to create whatever reality we might wish to experience through the process of thoughts being things or consciousness creating reality.

Artie