Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Knower

Can you effect your afterlife

Say once you die and you find yourself in an unpleasant place or maybe a hellish experience can you do work on yourself in that place and move beyond it Is this the function of hellish experiences to teach us and help us progress or are they just meaningless pain and suffering....This is to do with a NDE i saw on you tube of a guy that was told he will be in hell for eternity if he didnt change how he was living he did so you can effect your afterlife experience whileyour alive
so really my question is can you effect where you end up after you have passed or is it then completley fixed ?
Old 10-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Prokopton

I don't think anyone one knows the 'rules' of any of that for sure! Certainly not me. Different things seem to happen to different folks, and in different places. The reports are very interesting but can't be conclusive... and probably contradict each other.

The 'afterlife' or non-physical world is much bigger and more complex than the physical world IMO.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:56 PM
MYFIGO

I believe we can have an effect both here and in the hereafter, according to what I have read and experienced as I do healing and help spirits cross over.

You might enjoy reading this book: A Wanderer in Spirit Lands
http://www.scribd.com/doc/3152382/A-...E-SPIRIT-LANDS

Also another very cool website is: elibrary of 100 free channeled books
http://www.spiritwritings.com/library.html
Old 10-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYFIGO
I believe we can have an effect both here and in the hereafter

I definitely agree we can have an effect -- but I don't know how much of one in every case. I don't know what 'hell for eternity' guy can do for himself after death.

From what I've seen, cultivation of oneself in the afterlife doesn't seem to work in the same way as cultivation here. I suppose it can be done though.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Experiencer

Can you positively affect your afterlife?

Absolutely!

Knowing the rules greatly helps. The rules are found within near-death experience research and past-life regression studies.

<< The choices we make in life matters deeply.

Life is a golden opportunity to live a spiritual life in a world of darkness.

Life is very important because how we have lived our life largely determines how far we can go into the light. >>

From a site that addresses NDE research conclusions.

[When I have fifteen posts I will be permitted to add that address. For now, if you want to know that reference, just send me a private message or e-mail.]

It basically works like this...

When we are on the Other Side we are indirectly forced to emotionally feel how we impacted those on This Side. If we hurt people unfairly, we will feel that pain. If we helped people, we will feel that too.

The most important thing one can do on This Side to positively affect what will happen when one crosses over to the Other Side: is to serve others, strive to live by The Golden Rule, and work on improving the ability to love genuinely and deeply. Do that and you will greatly advance your ability to find peace and contentment in The Light after bodily death.

There are degrees of spiritual development, no one can grow into infinity, and some approaches are more advanced than others. But if you have a good spiritual focus throughout your life and have served others without profit you will be fine on the Other Side.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Medium_Laura

Prokopton is right; none of us can really know for sure how it works. I have been told by my guides that yes, you can change your thoughts and actions prior to death. If you don't you are in an "alternate area" on the Other Side where you are in a "rehab". Your guides and angels work with you all the time to bring you out of it, forgive yourself and move toward the light of the Other Side. So in my opinion, yes.
PS: Hell is your own creation. There is no "place" that is considered hell. Your mental state defines what your surroundings are like.
Old 13-06-2011, 01:19 AM
Coming2

I have read many times that people who have had NDE experiences found themselves in different types of hellish environments...Howard Storms testimony is the most terrifying I can think of. The thing is that every person who has had these experiences have been told that they can be brought out of this place. It is a type of limbo or purgatory( if you are Catholic) where it is darker and lonely. I have read that the angrier and more negative the soul the closer they are to the center and that those that are seeking change stay on the outer edges where it is lighter. It is said that we do not realize we have a choice in where we are and we either stay stuck there or we ask God for help in which He always does. I believe that when we are ready to face ourselves and our egos head on then we can find peace in the afterlife. When we feel we have done things that are wrong and unforgivable we choose to stay in the darkness out of fear of being judged...which of course is our own making because God is, in my opinion, all loving, all forgiving and wants only goodness for our lives.
Old 13-06-2011, 03:47 AM
Experiencer
OK, the "Hell for Eternity" is kind of a Crock...but not. Time during the death experience is different... This is why the Christian Religion could not reconcile their beliefs of eternity in Heaven or Hell....with Reincarnation. Yes, we can spend an eternity in hell, and heaven...yet be reborn in the blink of an eye. It's important to understand how the death process works. I have a lot of experience here, remembering past deaths, but more importantly I was taught when I was young, and in my last life a technique called Yoga of the Death State. Basically dying but not to the point of cutting the cord.... So I learned a lot practicing this. There are certain Laws that govern the death experience ( they are the same that govern experience on the astral plane, as that's where the whole first part of the death experience takes place, where we have heavens, hells and constructs to deal with. ) In my last life everyone in our culture (in Tibet) understood the process and the rules ...
Where we go during that experience first has everything to do with the "quality" of our Life. Were we living in Fear...or Joy? If fear, well, you got hell to pay for a time.... It's all about magnetism out there. We all have a certain frequency that we resonate at...this frequency is what determines the first part of that experience. My Teachers were very strict about the process....and the reason they had me die over and over was to learn what they felt was the most important thing... And that was....DO NOT MESS AROUND doing all the Heaven and Hell stuff...it's a waste of time. We all end up at the end of the experience in what I call the White Hall, here we meet with our Group....kinda plot out our next trip.... (after a Light Bath where we kinda cease to exist for the most part...very wonderful stage..... anyway what they taught me was to always focus on the Light...the pinprick of light in the distance. Don't look to the side or behind....this is the astral plane, it's all about desire here so you will be tantalized, especially by the Heaven realms, and certain constructs that you have a positive affinity for. But a main Law here is the Law of Magnetism: wherever you put your attention....you will go. So , put it on the pin prick of light...nothing else, and whopopdeedoo, you get to skip all the crazy ****, go right into the hyper evolution of the Light, and then get on with it.