Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 14-11-2020, 05:42 PM
Master

Everything is an expression of conciousness

This is my final conclusion, there's nothing beyond this: everything is consciousness and an expression of consciousness.; Consciousness is the background that sustains all things.

This human body is an expression of consciousness through which consciousness itself sees itself from within itself as if it is outside of itself. The body is like a device that can modelate the consciousness "field" based on its inner chemestry.

Everything is divine but this body has the ability to modelate the divine consciousness to a lower consciousness, so here we are, in the world of good and evil. Not only the human life, this is just one device from many.

When we die, we return to this field of consciousness and awaken to the fact that we are one with God, that we are God, that we never left our Home, that we were and we are at Home.

I studied many NDEs and my own experiences.

I am one with everything and everyone but through this body I see myself as if I am a separated entity.
Old 14-11-2020, 06:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
This is my final conclusion, there's nothing beyond this: everything is consciousness and an expression of consciousness.; Consciousness is the background that sustains all things.

This human body is an expression of consciousness through which consciousness itself sees itself from within itself as if it is outside of itself. The body is like a device that can modelate the consciousness "field" based on its inner chemestry.

Everything is divine but this body has the ability to modelate the divine consciousness to a lower consciousness, so here we are, in the world of good and evil. Not only the human life, this is just one device from many.

When we die, we return to this field of consciousness and awaken to the fact that we are one with God, that we are God, that we never left our Home, that we were and we are at Home.

I am one with everything and everyone but through this body I see myself as if I am a separated entity.

You got there quickly. It took me decades to realise the same thing.

There is a beautiful descriptive instance in Buddhism where a monk was asked about death and explained that lighting a new candle from a dying candle transfers the flame, it's the same flame just a different candle. In fact one could ponder over the question if not all candles on this planet and on others maybe, are not the same flame(s).

We are in fact the universe, our place in it is relative to the processes we have managed by our being embedded in evolution.

That the universe (that which is present as now) only appears at birth (not only human births) is an amazing thought. All that is present in this conscious creation is a reflection of the universe's desire to gather information about its own condition. That which was once chaos is turning into order. Every leaf counts - and is counted - as being part of the whole or perhaps better described as being part of everything.

This world is, as you say, the world of good and evil. Good and evil doesn't exist outside of us. We created this/these attributes to be able to function in the material world.

We are beings of matter and of mind and nothing else - but this condition is absolute.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 14-11-2020, 07:37 PM
Master
Quote:

Have you realised consciousness then?

What was it like?

x daz x
Old 14-11-2020, 08:28 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:

That's close to the Advaita view but let me toss out one nuance.

The mind doesn't modulate Consciousness but is illumined by Consciousness, and the ego-self (Ahamkara, the I-maker) appropriates it as its own. "I am conscious". In Advaita it's called superimposition. Imposing the qualities of one on the other.

It's a matter of discernment, both intellectual and experiential. Consciousness is the witness of the mind and the mind, through the brain and senses, is the witness of the world.

Consciousness is unchanging, witnessing all the changes within mind, and the very same Consciousness that illumines my mind illumines your mind too. Mind is local but Consciousness is non-local.
Old 14-11-2020, 08:39 PM
Master
Yes, everything is and expression of consciousness, and consciousness is and expression of something even deeper. Sound is the main vibration from whence all other vibration come. But where does sound come from?

Sound at a different frequency becomes light, and light reflected and refracted creates images. The images all have sensory receptors of various quality. But the human ear limits our range of hearing, just as our eyes limit what we can see. The human eye can only see between the light spectrum of infrared and ultraviolet.

The thing is most human beings have a fractured view of life. Many do not see life holistically. The fracture begins when we put different labels on different quality of vibration. An extension of the tribal mentality. The labels become real for us, and the actual thing which they symbolize is subjugated.

All things come from one thing, everything is and adaptation of something else that was already in existence. Everything comes out of everything else and everything returns from whence it came. “In the beginning was the word,” a word that while silent to the human ear, was the primordial sound vibration that bought forth physical reality.

“The Big Bang” was about sound, and often people who use a mantra to meditate use the word “Om,” which is said to symbolize the primordial sound. Esoteric studies call it “the beginning of the whirling,” and Sufi’s emulate, with their whirling dervishes, the beginning of sound coming into manifestation in their dancing.

Think about it; in silence, when there are no thoughts or labels, everything dissolves into that one silence. We live and have our being in and ocean of vibration; vibration is just another word for “sound.” Especially vibration coming in waves. Meditating on the sound vibration that comes from deep inside of us can fairly quickly quiet our mind; if we let it.
Old 14-11-2020, 08:55 PM
Cat

Quote:
This is my final conclusion, there's nothing beyond this:
everything is consciousness and an expression of consciousness.;

Consciousness is the background that sustains all things.

By Jove,
you've GOT IT!!!!
(Or Spirit!);)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-11-2020, 10:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
You got there quickly. It took me decades to realise the same thing.

There is a beautiful descriptive instance in Buddhism where a monk was asked about death and explained that lighting a new candle from a dying candle transfers the flame, it's the same flame just a different candle. In fact one could ponder over the question if not all candles on this planet and on others maybe, are not the same flame(s).

We are in fact the universe, our place in it is relative to the processes we have managed by our being embedded in evolution.

That the universe (that which is present as now) only appears at birth (not only human births) is an amazing thought. All that is present in this conscious creation is a reflection of the universe's desire to gather information about its own condition. That which was once chaos is turning into order. Every leaf counts - and is counted - as being part of the whole or perhaps better described as being part of everything.

This world is, as you say, the world of good and evil. Good and evil doesn't exist outside of us. We created this/these attributes to be able to function in the material world.

We are beings of matter and of mind and nothing else - but this condition is absolute.

Can't help thinking about the true nature of things..That story is very beautiful. You're right, I was once standing outside, in nature, suddenly, I had this strange feeling that everyhthing around is alive, the trees, the grass, everything, and they loved to be moved by the wind. You see, we know they are living organism, but we don't really treat them like that. They are just another expression of consciousness, just like us.

Consciousness expresses itself through the body, the body is in itself another expression of consciousness, in my thinking, the body modelates the "divine" consciousness so no two people are the same. I think consciousness seeks the experiences of what is outside itself in order to know itself. When a person suffers some brain trauma, the consciousness is not able to express itself as it used to because the body now modeletes the consciousness in a different way. It's the same consciousness, only the body has changed. The body is an avatar.

I read many NDEs where they talk about a contract, I think this is the contract between the consciousness and the body, the body, in my opinion, is "consciousness in the making", to reach again the state of pure consciousness.

Just some thoughts.
Old 14-11-2020, 10:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
That's close to the Advaita view but let me toss out one nuance.

The mind doesn't modulate Consciousness but is illumined by Consciousness, and the ego-self (Ahamkara, the I-maker) appropriates it as its own. "I am conscious". In Advaita it's called superimposition. Imposing the qualities of one on the other.

It's a matter of discernment, both intellectual and experiential. Consciousness is the witness of the mind and the mind, through the brain and senses, is the witness of the world.

Consciousness is unchanging, witnessing all the changes within mind, and the very same Consciousness that illumines my mind illumines your mind too. Mind is local but Consciousness is non-local.

It seems that lately I found myself talking about things spoken thousands of years ago

Interesting, very interesting. I have to give a good thinking to your words to try have a betterunderstanding.
Old 14-11-2020, 10:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Yes, everything is and expression of consciousness, and consciousness is and expression of something even deeper. Sound is the main vibration from whence all other vibration come. But where does sound come from?

Sound at a different frequency becomes light, and light reflected and refracted creates images. The images all have sensory receptors of various quality. But the human ear limits our range of hearing, just as our eyes limit what we can see. The human eye can only see between the light spectrum of infrared and ultraviolet.

The thing is most human beings have a fractured view of life. Many do not see life holistically. The fracture begins when we put different labels on different quality of vibration. An extension of the tribal mentality. The labels become real for us, and the actual thing which they symbolize is subjugated.

All things come from one thing, everything is and adaptation of something else that was already in existence. Everything comes out of everything else and everything returns from whence it came. “In the beginning was the word,” a word that while silent to the human ear, was the primordial sound vibration that bought forth physical reality.

“The Big Bang” was about sound, and often people who use a mantra to meditate use the word “Om,” which is said to symbolize the primordial sound. Esoteric studies call it “the beginning of the whirling,” and Sufi’s emulate, with their whirling dervishes, the beginning of sound coming into manifestation in their dancing.

Think about it; in silence, when there are no thoughts or labels, everything dissolves into that one silence. We live and have our being in and ocean of vibration; vibration is just another word for “sound.” Especially vibration coming in waves. Meditating on the sound vibration that comes from deep inside of us can fairly quickly quiet our mind; if we let it.

Another interesting answer, I agree with this because from my knowledge, everything vibrates, every single thing and every vibration has a particular frequency. Seeing the life holistically, in this society, it's very hard, the labels we use, the judgement we made and make are rooted so deep in our being that if you do something that's not really natural to your behaviour, your inner well being may feel threatened and you are "forced" to return to your old ways.

That silence melts everything in awareness, in beingness, that I am, I exist, nothing less, nothing more.
Old 14-11-2020, 10:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

By Jove,
you've GOT IT!!!!
(Or Spirit!);)

After 25 years on this plane of existence, this is my final conclusion, I can't see nothing else beyond this. Consciousness was/is and will forever be.