Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 05-05-2016, 05:43 PM
Deactivated Account

aphantasia–cannot visualize

I was wondering since i have a very hard time visualizing things into my mind, or even create a picture that persists, i can glimpse maybe 0,5 seconds of an image in my mind then its gone. It is like a vision coming to you :p or you fish something up from your subconscious mind but i have never been able to visulize a whole picture that persists? Or create images with my mind

When i hear of people saying: visualize a sunset.. And that and that, or visualize a purple flame or whatever im not able to do it! I'm thinking i would atleast be a better painter if i had this ability!

I have the most intense dreams tho.

And i have experienced something amazing happening during a meditation. And since i am having a hardtime visualizing things i think its almost even strange others have not experienced it (that i have heard or read about)
Old 05-05-2016, 11:49 PM
Master

I can't visualize either. I'm just as glad as I'd get lost in the visions and miss the other stuff...
Old 17-05-2016, 12:07 AM
Guide
Why u need visualizing? just think of it and unforcefully whatever picture comes in mind is okay. feeling or sensing the things okay instead of visualizing forcefully.
Old 17-05-2016, 12:49 AM
Experiencer

I am the same way I use to be able to visualize in 2012 but I can't now.I know what the object,person,place etc look like but I just can't visualize it.Which sucks because I miss my imagination and writing in my stories.But the funniest thing is that I dream it's blurry but I dream