Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 24-12-2014, 07:40 PM
Deactivated Account

Have you tried just meditating on the chakras?
Old 24-12-2014, 09:59 PM
Hypnoticalec

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoSandwich
I actually hate being cryptic... clarity is the best policy, but I am intentionally giving you trouble right now
So you were just testing me? I dont like it when people do that.
Old 24-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Hypnoticalec

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Have you tried just meditating on the chakras?
Yes, but it's barely there. I feel like my whole body is in flames but I can't feel the crown chakra. I mean, I can, but its elusive and I can't keep it 'burning' so to say. I can't stay conscious on it. Ideas?
Old 24-12-2014, 10:10 PM
TaoSandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnoticalec
So you were just testing me? I don't like it when people do that.

Not testing, but I've found that I get things best when I think about a concept or spiritual "problem" for a bit. A test implies a right answer. But in my experience, sometimes thinking about a statement or an idea goes a lot further than an explanation. Do chakras really exist? In what form? How did people come to the idea of chakras? etc. This is the reason that many traditions have people meditate on ideas or sayings... You get to "feel" the insight as you work through such thoughts.

EDIT (addition): A saying comes to mind which I'll paraphrase "to understand the words of the ancients is not as good as to obtain that which taught them about that which they speak of". Considering questions like the one I just asked helps to attain that whereby they spoke by investigating the reality/unreality of concepts, energy states and states of mind. Explanations are sometimes a better way to describe things clearly, but they carry the burden of opinions. What can I tell you about chakras that 1. isn't my personal experience, perception or opinion 2. isn't derived from some book that I've read 3. Something that you can't directly experience and learn about on your own?

-TaoSandwich
Old 24-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnoticalec
Yes, but it's barely there. I feel like my whole body is in flames but I can't feel the crown chakra. I mean, I can, but its elusive and I can't keep it 'burning' so to say. I can't stay conscious on it. Ideas?

I think you should stop trying to open the crown. You need a good foundation first. The energy you feel pouring in from the crown originates from the root first and foremost as Kundalini. You need to clear out any blockages there first and also throughout your sushumna. Sushumna is the central columun for energy that you feel. I would say after that the heart is the second most important chakra to work on. It connects the crown to the root. If you have an open crown but your heart is blocked, where is the energy going to go? It can't go anywhere. It just dissipates away. What you felt was a full chakric experience, what one gets when they experience an initial non-abiding awakening. Have you experienced that before? Have you gone through that process? If so then trying to kickstart it again is going to be more difficult. If not then you likely still have too many blockages for there to be an opening.

Have you tried crystals? Try a heart crystal like rose quartz. Meditate on that and see what happens. It might help bring some of that energy back bit by bit.

You also need to remember not to get addicted to the energy. It is very easy to get addicted, and most people get caught up frolicking in the highs, forgetting why they're even up there in the first place. You need to ground the energy into your root, so as to not get too carried away. The energy is just repressed material which hasn't been integrated yet so it feels really powerful. But the more space you open up the more clear you should feel. Like any drug (comparing chakra meditation to a drug here), the highs get lower and you have to keep taking more and more doses to get the same results. But you can't do that with spirituality. You'll hit a plateau and won't be able to continue forward until you deal with it.

It might just be that it's not time yet to experience an full chakric awakening. Go into meditation and then ask your higher self to reveal itself to you. Some people have had some good results with that. Remember, everything happens in due time.

If none of that helps and you feel desperate, you can try looking up how to kickstart kundalini. But I advise you to be careful with that course of action. Once it's awake you're stuck with it and if you're not ready.. it may not be pleasant.
Old 26-12-2014, 11:20 AM
Seeker

There are some exercises physical exercises combine with certain breathing, which will increase chakras rotations - The Five Tibetan Rites.
Old 26-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Master
Darn good workout too :-)
Old 26-12-2014, 05:57 PM
Master
Darn good workout too :-)