Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 08-12-2015, 11:48 PM
Seeker

Pretty sure my house is haunted.

Nothing to major at least not now that things have settled... The home was a foreclosure and i do know the past owner died at the hospital then his wife let it fall into foreclosure. My ex husband and I had a very emotionally charged split... a lot of anger involved on both sides... It eventually became physical.... so the entire atmosphere of the home was upset... most of what happened happened 3 months following his arrest and our split.

First. I moved in housemates after the split because I was terrified to live alone at the time. I had to run to the store late one evening because I realized I was out of diapers for my boys... I asked the female roommate to listen out for the boys.. they were in bed asleep no big deal... well my oldest woke up at some point and started crying.. My roommate let him cry a little. Thats how I parent and most times he will put himself back to bed. He kept crying so she got up to go check in on him. When she got to the bedroom door she heard my voice say its okay boys mommy is here from the boys bedroom and they started laughing then got quiet so she went back to her room... I came home from the store about 5 min later and knocked to let her know i had come home... we both checked on the boys and they were sound asleep.

A lot of things went missing then would show up in odd places and that has since stopped for the most part. Any time it happens now its usually the boys doing it but back then it was stuff missing out of my room... the place the physical attack happened and a place that was off limits to my kids and locked usually.

I constantly felt someone watching me but I'm not sure if that was paranoia or actual "spiritual feelings" that still happens now and then.

Halloween was another one, The female roommate went to a party with her boyfriend, the male roommate borrowed my car and went to a concert. So i was home alone kind of bummed out no trick or treaters and home alone scared and board. I thought I heard my male roommates door open he has his own entrance... I heard his voice say "Hey I'm home" Both my dog and his dog heard it as well and took off for his room. I said "hey welcome back" and noted that it was odd I didn't hear my car come in as its pretty loud.... he was pretty social and usually came out of his room to tell me about the concert he went to ect so after about 2 or 3 min not hearing anything and the dogs wandered back into the living room I went to go see what was up.... He wasn't home he showed up about 4 hours later... I told him he told me i was insane and we went to bed.

A lot of the odd stuff has died down over the past year and at the same time the house has become more of a home. We had only recently moved in before my ex and I split... He one night told me he saw shadows like people in the hallway and i have had other friends comment on feeling like they are being watched from the hall..

Also I forgot to add my oldest is TERRIFIED to go into his room when its dark.... usually i think normal scared of the dark as he is only 4... but we come home late from the sitters house at night... he will walk all over the house turning on lights when we come home even if its pitch black but WILL NOT even go in the door way of his room alone to turn on the light. Once he is in the room and in bed he sleeps fine without a night light. He has a flash light but I know he isn't using it at night because it makes noise when you turn it on his room is right next to mine and i hear them moving around in bed at night so I know I would hear the flash light.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:55 AM
Seeker

I get those feelings too sometimes. Hard to say what it is. If your not too scared try a spiritbox session or snapping photos with an HD camera in an attempt to capture orbs or mist. just suggestion. Couldnt hurt
Old 07-01-2016, 03:26 PM
Master

That does sound like some ghosts. I would think on a ghost box or looking for e.v.p . You might not want to hear from the other beings that you share that house with.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:09 PM
Experiencer
These spirits don't seem to be harmful, they are just people who live there too, like your room mate. Talking to them is fine if you feel they are good natured, but I wouldn't use a ghost box just because a ghost box is kind of creepy and you don't want to summon jester ghosts who'll see the opportunity to prank you or scare the *** out of you.

If you really want to acknowledge them you can talk to them by just sitting quiet, do a quick meditation to relax, keep a positive mood and clear your mind and then you can talk to them (mentally, if you wish) and you'll get answers from them in your own thoughts. I find this way much more effective and less creepy. You'll know they aren't your own thought because they'll be totally knew thoughts to you and they'll be the first thing that will pop in your mind.

If I were you, I'd ask them about your son's room and if it's possible that they help you resolve this issue.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:59 PM
Pathfinder
One thing that seems to work well is burning sage. Lightly smoke the inside of your home - just leave windows open and be careful not to catch anything on fire!
Old 07-01-2016, 09:38 PM
Guide

I lived in a historic home that was haunted when I was young… kind of a similar situation as yours. Not a lot happened while we lived there except for a few odd things. Most notable however, was when my brother and I used to have really bad screaming matches that usually led to us physically fighting, the lightbulbs in the room would blow up. Happened only a few times but it sure did set us straight! Other things happened as well but the lightbulb incidents I will never forget.
Old 13-01-2016, 08:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emg125
Also I forgot to add my oldest is TERRIFIED to go into his room when its dark.... usually i think normal scared of the dark as he is only 4... but we come home late from the sitters house at night... he will walk all over the house turning on lights when we come home even if its pitch black but WILL NOT even go in the door way of his room alone to turn on the light. Once he is in the room and in bed he sleeps fine without a night light. He has a flash light but I know he isn't using it at night because it makes noise when you turn it on his room is right next to mine and i hear them moving around in bed at night so I know I would hear the flash light.

I personally wouldn't let my 4 year old sleep in a room by themselves specially if I know the house is haunted. A lot of spirits or entities are very drawn to kids specially the very little ones. I can't imagine how terrified your child most be sleeping by themselves in a house with paranormal activity going on. Specially since is easier for kids to see them or sense them more that we do as an adult. Try not to ignore him and listen to what he has to say specially try your best not to leave him alone in a dark room, that can traumatize them.
Old 16-01-2016, 03:38 AM
Guide

I had similar experiences in a house I lived in for 10 years. I am curious if the house has rock or stone on it? Mine did, & it was the first thing a coworker/pa investigator asked me. Apparently certain stone or rock hold energy. Also, I wrote these things off for years, until I captured a picture of my son sitting on the fireplace with a ghost girl standing next to me. I took the picture to work to show my coworker & he freaked out...because you could see it clear as day...it had finally been confirmed. I had some really bizarre experiences there.

One night I was laying in my bed, I woke up & looked at the alarm clock...it said 2:38 a.m...(I was just laying on my side & opened my eyes)...and I clearly saw a flash of bright white light at the foot of my bed. It looked like somebody was taking a picture using the flash on a camera. I laid there after it happened, very still...and it happened again. nothing was there.

I woke up several times, to what sounded like a couple of men playing cards & partying above my bed...all which i chalked up to hypnagogia.

My son saw an orange figure on our deck in the middle of the night and then it disappeared right infront of him...this scared him and he screamed. He has never spoken of paranormal things, he doesnt believe in that stuff, like his dad. He even told me, very logically....i did just see that...thats not possible. Very visibly upset & had actually slept with me that night.

I would hear furniture being moved and slamed in the middle of the night, it is also where I had my experience with my great grandpa..the story is posted in the death & after life thread.

I would hear my husband come (just like your story) and think he was there, you could even hear his truck...him backing in and out of the driveway to load his boat up to go fishing...nothing there. Then he would come home 20 minutes later, back in and out...to load his truck up to go fishing. My son actually heard that one with me...although we have never discussed it much after it happened.

There were a lot of odd little things that happened there with stuff completely disappearing and showing up. the t.v. flipping through channels by itself, the dvd player kicking out movies, or starting up, toys going off in the kids room while they were at school, lights turning on & off. One night I fell asleep on my stomach in my bed, I clearly felt a big, cold hand grab my foot/ankle, hard. I woke up kicking at the air...that was a little freaky.

Im still curious if your house is built with any stone or rock, because its not the first time I have heard this.
Old 23-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Seeker

Thankfully My 4 year old has gotten over the fear thing...It may have been a phase with him but he talks openly now to me about the " ghost" never in fear he says he likes the ghost and it is nice.... again this could be a 4 year old imagination... he has a flashlight in his room but he never uses it and even when he was scared he never threw an utter fit he would just kind of make a big deal about it and that could have been him trying to stay up later....

the house has some brick on it for the stone question....