Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 28-07-2020, 03:15 PM
Master
starting up a new forum once SF has gone.

I wonder if anyone will start up a new spiritual forum once this one has gone. Perhaps Lynn might consider it? There was another good forum called Spiritual Inspiration which was started by an ex moderator from here. It only had 2000 members but it was comprehensive. I think it has died a death now too.

Is anyone tempted to start a new forum?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 28-07-2020, 03:20 PM
Deactivated Account

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I wonder if anyone will start up a new spiritual forum once this one has gone. Perhaps Lynn might consider it? There was another good forum called Spiritual Inspiration which was started by an ex moderator from here. It only had 2000 members but it was comprehensive. I think it has died a death now too.

Is anyone tempted to start a new forum?

Hi Honza, I also came across another spiritual forum a while ago, it was completely dead, no one had posted on there since 2018.

I wonder if this forum here could be saved? What exactly is the reason for Lynn closing it down? Could someone else take over if Lynn can't look after it any more?

I'd rather stand with God
And be judged by men
Than stand with men
And be judged by God
Old 28-07-2020, 06:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequena Estrela
Could someone else take over if Lynn can't look after it any more?

Fair question that...

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...
Old 28-07-2020, 06:20 PM
Master
Lynn posted this in the announcement section:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=136390

I think it more than explains their very tough decision to move on
Old 28-07-2020, 06:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobean
Lynn posted this in the announcement section:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=136390

I think it more than explains their very tough decision to move on

Thanks for sharing that I'll have a look later, I been busy helping out with local stuff in my town - is it what Matt would want? it was his creation this.... If people think he would be happy with this decision then fair enough - its mainly a web address search engine ranking, database which personal details could be wiped if required, and it could continue with enough offers of help here financially and online support as in checking messages... Just my thoughts on it..

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...
Old 28-07-2020, 08:21 PM
Knower
I'm a very capable Webmaster and Web Designer, myself. I'm most curious of anyone who is looking to do this and would gladly lend a hand. Just can't financially.

That being said, this domain name : Spiritualforums.com would be worth a good amount of money. I've looked, anything similar is taken and has decent broker fees in trying to obtain it.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and… bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant.- Doctor Who ; Vincent and the Doctor
Old 28-07-2020, 08:30 PM
ketzer

I expect that internet forums are similar to software. One often uses the operating system or office package that everyone else is using because they want to be able to easily interact with others. Too many available forums spread the active participants too thin and one feels they are posting into the void and nobody will respond for weeks or months. My attention span is far to short for that. I did not participate in any forums until long after what I have read was their heyday. Now face book or other social media, which I just can't seem to get myself to get on, has attracted those users away and many of the forums have died a death of loneliness. Oh well, not the first party I have showed up to after everybody else has left.

Over time, after a forum closes, those who wish to be part of an active forum community will wander about the internet until finding a surviving one they like. As more find it, like that popular software package, the more it comes to life and the more others start to use it. Eventually the number of remaining forums will find an equilibrium with the number of interested users, and it will all settle out.

Like many I have searched about a bit and have found other good forums with topics and threads I liked. But when one sees the last post was over a year ago, one assumes it is probably dead, and it would be more appropriate to post into ones journal or diary. Perhaps the Spiritual Forums diaspora will end up breathing life into some of those other forums.
Old 28-07-2020, 08:35 PM
Master
Well done SikuX for offering - I am a semi retired website designer with lots on at the moment not design wise but helping locals here near me, with my stay strong poster against viruses in my town, and hopefully UK and worldwide if it all takes off ''as on corona thread on healing page'' - the idea has been welcomed here locally by 100's of businesses and is spreading fast across the UK... Back to the website here - I would gladly be on standby for assistance to you - as and when required.... who says for sure this website is on a high and must fall - and who says for sure it can't last for a 1000 years in Matts memory, who?

Old 29-07-2020, 11:45 AM
Seeker
I have some skills in the forums stuff mostly phpbb + designing a bit websites.
I think if someone would be up for a new spiritual site, I could also help with it.
I would make it to look a lot more mystical than this one.
Old 29-07-2020, 12:51 PM
Master
If anyone feels inspired by Sri Vasudeva's teachings (see my link below) and has the means to co-create a forum dedicated to that, PM me and we'll talk about possibilities.

What I am thinking of would be based on his teachings only (peace, love and harmony for our world based on self-transformation - what "Guru" really means, Maha Yoga / Siddha Yoga, science of Kundalini awakening and really advanced/illuminated teachings about the chakras, energy anatomy and how that impacts every aspect of life - personal and global, and every area of human endeavor).