Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 03-12-2020, 12:46 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
It's very difficult my dear little Elfin, to keep secrets from you. The very name Elfin conjures up woods and oak trees swathed in ivy and glades dotted with wild mushrooms and those little fairy circles which appear when nature's secrets are exposed.
It has to be the spontaneity of your retorts, replies and ideas which make you such an appealing observer.
Yes, of course I know that I gave permission to be 'born' - I gave it to myself, it was me who after the initial spark completed my planned physical journey in the womb of my mother. We are continually present in this state or condition we call awareness.
Hee hee.... Have you been spying on me in the woods??? .... How do you know me so well ??... Plus your beautiful lovely wife told me it's ok to call you "darling"... She knows that you truly are a darling... because she tells me.... But also you and I both know that no person from Hull allows fallen logs to get in their way... Or indeed allows logs to fall into the path of others ... We all journey along a path, the same path maybe, and others may veer off .... But that is never of my doing.... Sometimes I like to think I am at the end of the path to guide them back into the right one. But only time will tell ...!!!....
Old 03-12-2020, 01:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
The planet is thickly dotted with places of worship of all kinds. A list of all such places would take up a couple of A4 pages. In my town of 20,000 people there are two main churches, very often even the smallest community has such a building.
because my parents and grandparents told me too. Hahaha. Long story short for the majority.
To be honest I don't. I follow my heart and nothing else. Religion is just another political system handed down from generation to generation. I don't even bother asking anymore, because it always gets into my religion is right, if yours is not the same it's wrong. It's not my place to say who's right or wrong or to tell what someone else's beliefs should be. "Don't bother me, I won't bother you"
Old 21-12-2020, 05:47 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
because my parents and grandparents told me too. Hahaha. Long story short for the majority.
To be honest I don't. I follow my heart and nothing else. Religion is just another political system handed down from generation to generation. I don't even bother asking anymore, because it always gets into my religion is right, if yours is not the same it's wrong. It's not my place to say who's right or wrong or to tell what someone else's beliefs should be. "Don't bother me, I won't bother you"
...Hi Hal..... No-one is right, and no-one is wrong.... People can try to explain what is "right and wrong"... And as a young child etc, that can be perceived as "this is what we are taught/ told..." Which can put so much pressure on a person's mind that that fact alone can make the mind go a bit insane.... ( The human mind, of course , so complex... So amazing , and yet so very very very fragile..... More fragile than the human body, which on paper can be destroyed so much easier ....like us standing on a little bug and killing it instantly.... The body can be destroyed and wiped out in a split second by a bus, or a falling tree , or a car crash, or a murder..... Etc...)...... But in real terms, the mind is so much more vulnerable than any of that....
Old 10-09-2022, 11:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Does God have an ego, or is that a human attribute that God experiences in and through us?

The import of praising God is that of conscious recognition of purpose, thereby creating a conscious relationship that is not based on fear, and therefore also the receptivity towards an invocation and utilization that is ultimately based on God’s Necessity (why we came here) which becomes our opportunity.

~ J

Great posters need threads of their own where I can read their posts like books.
Old 12-09-2022, 07:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
Great posters need threads of their own where I can read their posts like books.

Pixiedust,

Amen !! Many of us were content to allow Jyotir the last word…..except that we often wished to post to commend his contributions……:)
Old 12-09-2022, 09:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Pixiedust,

Amen !! Many of us were content to allow Jyotir the last word…..except that we often wished to post to commend his contributions……:)

I agree !!!

Although I distinctly remember how complimentary he was to you, Molearner, and how much he enjoyed your posts and perspectives.

A rare thing indeed

Good to see you, old friend.

pixiedust
Old 08-10-2022, 08:38 PM
Pathfinder

Look at the universe in terms of levels. The highest level is where God and His Entourage hang out. They are Beings of pure Light and Love. The lowest level is where humans battle illusion and their perception of truth is distorted. We do not see the unity of all things like the Beings from above. We are cesspool-dwellers compared to Their glory and purity. We praise Beings from above because we appreciate Their radiance and Their love, and Their accomplishments. They too were once cesspool-dwellers, but They learned to control and eliminate Their lower natures which separated Them from others. The Beings from above do not expect praise. They are indifferent to it. They have no lower self which demands gratification. The Beings from above want nothing more than for us cesspool-dwellers to follow the Path which will lead us to the higher, exalted levels where They wait patiently for us to learn how to love one another.

We believe that we didn't have a choice and that we were thrust into this world against our will. That is the perception of our lower self. Our higher self was in charge of that decision, and great care was taken to join a family and an environment in which we could take our next step forward on the Path to the higher levels. Our higher self is indifferent to pain and suffering. It knows that we can grow only through adversity. The lower self is very unhappy all of the time. It demands immediate gratification and it will only express love if there is something to be gained. Hence the divorce rates. When Jesus said, "You must die to gain eternal life" He was addressing our lower self. Never forget that "even the very hairs of your head are all numbered." There is always a method to Nature's madness, even though we may not understand it.