Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-06-2021, 04:56 AM
Master
The severity of the situation.

People speculate that God really did not need the blood sacrifice of Christ to save us. But perhaps He did. Perhaps the situation that we are in is so severe that only something like a blood sacrifice will help.

By dying for us on earth Christ broke the grip of death upon us. On earth we are certainly in the grip of death, and sin too. Perhaps the Devil too. We are in such a grip that only with shear might can we be raised and saved.

The sacrifice of Christ breaks the bonds which bind us down.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 12-06-2021, 07:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Perhaps the situation that we are in is so severe that only something like a blood sacrifice will help.

The sacrifice of Christ breaks the bonds which bind us down.

How?. Can you explain why you think as you do Honza...
Old 12-06-2021, 09:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
How?. Can you explain why you think as you do Honza...

Have you read The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe? Aslan the lion offers himself to the White Witch in return for one of the children's freedom. The Witch sacrifices Aslan and assumes that Narnia will now fall into her hands. But because of the magic from before the dawn of time Aslan is resurrected from the dead because he was innocent etc. Aslan gave his life for the freedom and the life of one of the children. He died but because he was innocent he came back to life.

There is no real logic behind Christ's sacrifice redeeming us. Except for numerical value. Say Christ's life was worth £1,000,000 and our life was worth £1,000,000 then Christ gave his worth to save ours. To make up the worth of what we had lost.

Old 12-06-2021, 09:27 AM
Master
Quote:

There is no real logic behind Christ's sacrifice redeeming us. Except for numerical value.

Oh, I've not heard that idea before
Old 13-06-2021, 12:55 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
On earth we are certainly in the grip of death, and sin too. Perhaps the Devil too. We are in such a grip that only with shear might can we be raised and saved.

What if earth and all on it, and all the drama, is only a dim reflection of reality? What if maya is illusion?

If we truly cannot see the energy behind the matter, can we perceive any truth at all?

If any know who they are, how can there be any need for rescue? If we stand in the light, and we be the light, there is no darkness. Darkness cannot exist in the light. It is impossible.

What you see, you are creating. You stand in the power of light. So create light.
Old 13-06-2021, 06:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza
What you see, you are creating. You stand in the power of light. So create light.
but some find this hard to understand unfortunately.
Old 13-06-2021, 06:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza

Is it not possible that others create reality for you?

The question "who is responsible?" is a big issue. If I am 100% responsible for myself then it certainly does not seem that way. In my life there are tremendous forces at work. Many of them seem to come from the 'outside'.

This whole issue is something I am still wondering about.

Old 13-06-2021, 07:51 AM
Master
Quote:
No, regardless of the experience happening around you how you respond and how you choose to perceive it is your choice.
Buddha said 'What you dwell upon you become' Jesus said 'It is done unto you as you believe.' In the Talmud, ' We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are.'
Old 13-06-2021, 08:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
No, regardless of the experience happening around you how you respond and how you choose to perceive it is your choice.
Buddha said 'What you dwell upon you become' Jesus said 'It is done unto you as you believe.' In the Talmud, ' We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are.'
That would make us self contained bubbles. As opposed to a merged sea. Are people really that individualised or are they an ocean of interaction?

Old 13-06-2021, 02:56 PM
Experiencer
Quote:

The question "who is responsible?" is a big issue. If I am 100% responsible for myself then it certainly does not seem that way. In my life there are tremendous forces at work. Many of them seem to come from the 'outside'.

This whole issue is something I am still wondering about.

I am a student of the concept of being 100% responsible for creating my own reality, and it has changed my life. It is challenging to say the least to survey my world and witness my truth. But it is empowering. It allows me to release ideas and beliefs that are not beneficial and embrace higher ideas, causing a massive transformation.

I have learned there is no outside. But these are difficult ideas to share because of petrified ancestral beliefs about duality and control. We can only take one step at a time and keep an open mind as you obviously do.

Of course we reject ideas that do not fit into our world view. Unless we can change the way we see the world, we will not accept some of the higher ways of being. This was what Jesus meant that we had to be born again. We have to release the ideas we thought were true (including our identities) and embrace a totally different reality. A totally new identity. One that encompasses the power and authority of being sons (and daughters) of God.

Just like Saul of Tarsus, I previously vehemently put down the ideas that I now understand and promote. Yet, I am not ashamed because I have great compassion for those standing on that side of the fence, and work diligently to carve an easier crossing for them than was mine.

In humility,
Z