Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-05-2021, 11:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Believing in spirituality does not make you spiritual......

The moment people decide who is or isn't spiritual they're already caught offside.
Old 15-05-2021, 01:12 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
The moment people decide who is or isn't spiritual they're already caught offside.

Whatever anyone decides about another does not in any way define the other....
Old 15-05-2021, 01:32 PM
Master
Quote:

Why then are we so concerned with what is or isn't spiritual?

Like in here, we're asked if Christianity and ''spirituality'' can coexist. It means spirituality is already defined, likely based on some beliefs/ideals/practices..

I've been called or considered (subtly and not so subtly) as ''non-spiritual'' many times on here, just for doubting stuff like karma, reincarnation, creationism, etc. It makes no sense. Mankind has been thinking, believing, imagining, and 'doing' spirituality for tens of thousands of years and yet here we all are saying one culture is spiritual and another one isn't.
Old 15-05-2021, 01:57 PM
Master
Quote:
What we see in others is a reflection of ourselves
Old 15-05-2021, 01:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Why then are we so concerned with what is or isn't spiritual?

Because we need/like to put a label on everything ....
Old 15-05-2021, 02:16 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What we see in others is a reflection of ourselves

Funny how we tend to interpret that in the negative way.....in other words if I see that which is negative about another I recognize it because I have also been guilty..... but the reverse is not so true...if I see goodness I attribute it to others not as some affirmation of my own goodness....
Old 15-05-2021, 02:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Funny how we tend to interpret that in the negative way.....in other words if I see that which is negative about another I recognize it because I have also been guilty..... but the reverse is not so true...if I see goodness I attribute it to others not as some affirmation of my own goodness....

It works both ways Morph, I don't see it as negative as there has to be a positive also
I'm 100% sure you are ' Goodness' and to not see it in yourself probably comes from the idea of ' Ego ' etc: I have noticed some Christians don't think to kindly of the 'Ego '
Old 15-05-2021, 03:15 PM
Molearner

Quote:
It works both ways Morph, I don't see it as negative as there has to be a positive also
I'm 100% sure you are ' Goodness' and to not see it in yourself probably comes from the idea of ' Ego ' etc: I have noticed some Christians don't think to kindly of the 'Ego '

Hahaha.....I guess my name is morphing ?
Old 15-05-2021, 04:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Hahaha.....I guess my name is morphing ?

Old 15-05-2021, 04:43 PM
Molearner

Quote:

Sky123,

Of course what you say is true for some Christians......we are locked into accepting ‘all that is good comes from above’. We can but hope that in some way we can be but a reflection of God and not make the assumption that we are personally the source of goodness or love.