Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 01-05-2021, 11:08 AM
hazada guess

Consciousness

Something that I would like the answer to..........When we pass away do we merge into the infinite consciousness or are we units of consciousness that keep the sense of I?
Old 01-05-2021, 11:56 AM
Master

sense of i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Something that I would like the answer to..........When we pass away do we merge into the infinite consciousness or are we units of consciousness that keep the sense of I?

Sense of I is attached to your memory of your experiences / decisions / preferences / conclusions etc which is stored in brain cells which gets destroyed with the body . So all gross memories will be gone. However soul-defining attributes like bravery , benevolence , just , fairness , compassion etc are still attached to your consciousness and still remains with you .
Old 01-05-2021, 12:04 PM
Master
Quote:

' I ' promise to Text you when I get there and let you know
Old 01-05-2021, 12:12 PM
Master
Quote:

A very excellent, debatable question.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-05-2021, 12:12 PM
Master
Add pass lives or re-births and the question becomes more complex.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-05-2021, 12:20 PM
hazada guess

Yes BigJohn,it's something that I often think about.it'll be interesting to read the replies.Good response HITESH SHAH,and sky123 I'll keep my mobile on then.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:32 PM
Quote:
When we pass away do we merge into the infinite consciousness
No.

Quote:
or are we units of consciousness that keep the sense of I?
Yes.
Now, when it's time for us to do this 'merging or union'...it will happen.

For me, I may have 500 more lives -or 50 or 20---But even when I'm advanced or aware enough
to not come back to this earth-human plane ...there will be plenty of other 'jobs' for me in other places.
That doesn't mean I won't be experiencing many blissful experiences
as I do now, forever - wherever I may be.

Reading the many sessions Dr. Brian Weiss has had doing Past-Life Regressions would be very interesting to you;
the actual passing from this life in particular
Moving on later to Rob Schwartz' research;
Anything by Chico Xavier and Anthony Borgia, also...if you wanna know more about the Afterlife.
Or talk to mediums personally...they will tell you their contacts are not merged into the One....yet.

My gosh, Babaji or Sri Yukteswar aren't even merged into the One...yet.

And reincarnation is really not that complex...it's almost a routine, expected yawn...ok, 'to me'.
Research more...and what fun it is!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-05-2021, 01:12 PM
hazada guess

Thanks Miss H. i guess I've been watching too many of that Spira blokes videos on you tube.
Old 01-05-2021, 01:29 PM
Cat

Oh, good you're a youtube watcher...try this one...it's 2 hours, so, ya know,
watch 15 min at a time if you need to...so worth it.
Another 'Buddha at The Gas Pump' interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxi2wpJTXro

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-05-2021, 01:30 PM
Master

hazada …

Because you have been so supportive in my series thread … I’m going to pull the post I had prepared for Monday and put one in that will address this … and more. I did not know this was still a question for many.

On we go.