Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 26-03-2021, 11:33 PM
Newbie ;)

Unsuccessful lives

I just read Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian Weiss. I found it very interesting but was curious why one would choose to experience so many miserable lives spent in servitude. I know we are constantly learning but I can't imagine putting myself through that. Trying to understand what can be learned and what has she been repeatedly failing to accomplish.

I'm still trying to figure out what debt I'm supposed to pay in this life and what I need to learn. I sometimes feel like I know what I need to do but actually doing that is not easy because some of it requires the cooperation of others that may not understand my good intentions to repair the damage I've done.

I also feel like many have very interesting past lives but not much talk about extremely ordinary, non-productive ones. Has anyone had lives that you know failed miserably at what you were supposed to accomplish. I seriously believe I'm in such a life right now and I don't want to go through it again but it just may be too late to pay that debt or prove I've learned what I need to move on. Can just understanding your mistakes be enough?

Also, can a soul choose to live multiple lives simultaneously to learn different things and if not, why is this not possible?
Old 27-03-2021, 12:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinfusor
I just read Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian Weiss. I found it very interesting but was curious why one would choose to experience so many miserable lives spent in servitude. I know we are constantly learning but I can't imagine putting myself through that. Trying to understand what can be learned and what has she been repeatedly failing to accomplish.

I'm still trying to figure out what debt I'm supposed to pay in this life and what I need to learn. I sometimes feel like I know what I need to do but actually doing that is not easy because some of it requires the cooperation of others that may not understand my good intentions to repair the damage I've done.

I also feel like many have very interesting past lives but not much talk about extremely ordinary, non-productive ones. Has anyone had lives that you know failed miserably at what you were supposed to accomplish. I seriously believe I'm in such a life right now and I don't want to go through it again but it just may be too late to pay that debt or prove I've learned what I need to move on. Can just understanding your mistakes be enough?

Also, can a soul choose to live multiple lives simultaneously to learn different things and if not, why is this not possible?

The lesson is quite easy, we're here to experience love. Some just aren't in tune with the natural order of things therefore life becomes a struggle.

If it takes you 100 life times to learn how to love them so be it. Eventually you'll hear the calling of love, but only at your own pace.

No we cannot live multiple lifetimes simultaneously. We can only imagine that to be so. One lifetime at a time. Oh, btw, a successful life is a life of love and unity. Amen
Old 27-03-2021, 06:02 AM
asearcher

The way I see it even in the failures there are learning, wisdom

Each time you are pushed to the ground it is about how you find your way to stand again.

I would think most past lives are "Ordinary" but that definitely do not make them non productive, there are so many things/streams going on underneith the surface.

I think we have more than one destiny.

Each important decision made another you in another reality is going on with the life, having made the opposite chose or having been exposed to the opposite choice.

Then I think once one has walked one road (of decision) then it is pre-planned, and too late to get out from that road. It is because the important decion or decisions then before has already been made, and now you have to continue, but again there is wisdom in that too.

There have been moments from the past that has re-visited me in flashbacks today that I see another meaning to than when I was in it. All in it's time. Now I understand. Now I see. What I missed then. But we are who we are when we are, and I think that too is meant to be, you are in the middle of a process. You're like a cookie in the oven who was not ready yet, finished baked, that don't mean you won't be. You can't be finished baked if you did not go through the process, the different steps, all those steps are important, they are not failues in that way of looking at it.

All you can do to repair damage is what you have already done, is my guess, that is to ask forgiveness and show you have changed. Then it is up to them, and what is going on in their life and with them themselves to accept or not. I understand it is unfinished business for you, but try to rest in the belief you have done your part. The time will come when they are capable of doing theirs, they are just not ready yet.
Old 27-03-2021, 10:04 AM
Master
I don't know why you think you have to pay a debt. I'd recommend letting go of that limiting belief asap!
I also don't see how a life would fail. You always learn, even if you didn't do what you set out to do. Which can happen as we have free choice, thank goodness for that.

I've had many not particularly pleasant lives. Someone told me that I once broke off an incarnation -while still in the womb phase- because that life would be very difficult. The result was that I'd have to go through many difficult lives which wouldn't have been necessary had I not ended that one incarnation.
If that is true, then it likely still was the best choice. Maybe I could not have handled that life? Maybe it would have scarred me too much?

But many Lightworkers have had very difficult past lives because they incarnated here to bring back the light after mankind fell so deep after Atlantis. Society wasn't ready for that so it was an uphill battle, for many ending in witch trials with torture and atrocities.
This is why Lightworkers often have more to clean up than others. We've suffered horrible things which created fear in us. Fear to again stand up tall and shine our light.

I'm 54 now, and I often don't feel I've manifested what I should have. But then again, maybe I have and am. I have grown so much, learnt so much, helped so many others along the way... And also, it's only since a mere few years that I actually KNOW what I want to do. I had to first learn and grow, get rid of a ton of baggage.
So am I really not doing it? Maybe that's just the ego.
And I still got many years to go, so who knows what I will do. Just look at Diana Cooper who at 80 is doing more than ever! Since a year she's doing less webinars, but she was taken in by Hayhouse, since published a number of card decks and a book, and her marketing is going through the roof.
It's not like you got until you're 50 or 60 to do something.
Old 27-03-2021, 10:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
The lesson is quite easy, we're here to experience love. Some just aren't in tune with the natural order of things therefore life becomes a struggle.

If it takes you 100 life times to learn how to love them so be it. Eventually you'll hear the calling of love, but only at your own pace.

No we cannot live multiple lifetimes simultaneously. We can only imagine that to be so. One lifetime at a time. Oh, btw, a successful life is a life of love and unity. Amen
I agree with this!
We have come here to experience love and joy.
All the talk thoughts and beliefs concerning failure, debt, mistakes, having to correct mistakes etc etc. are very 3D and ego.
That's exactly what through learning and growing will be left behind so someone can shift direction 5D, but that outgrowing of the 3D takes time.
Old 27-03-2021, 11:47 AM
Administrator
Everyone you meet in life can teach us something, every good thing you do some say is points to pay back a karmick debt.
I would'nt worry about that just Enjoy your Life live it to the full, do it with good intensions you wont go far wrong

Namaste
Old 27-03-2021, 07:23 PM
Master

To add to the above comments, I have just finished reading "A Passage to Eternity" by Azmina Suleman, in which she gives a very detailed account of her near-death experience, including her life review. She says:

It was like viewing my entire life from several angles all at once, and from a wider than usual perspective. What surprised me was the fact that what I had considered relatively trivial, or insignificant, often had a more profound and far-reaching effect on my life than something I had thought was important. In fact, I realized that I had learned more valuable lessons from my 'failures' than I had from the apparent 'successes' in my life.

From our limited perspective in human form it can be difficult to evaluate our progress. But from all that I have read, the small acts of kindness that we perform actually count for far more than any material achievements.

Peace
Old 27-03-2021, 09:40 PM
Master
Good question. I know I didn't ''choose'' my life, this carbon form and everything that comes with it. Why would I? That's just rubbish, a belief one reads about in books or from other believers and I can pick it as my own, or ''meditate'' upon the thought so I can 'experience' it, I suppose?

If I had a choice I would've been a large bird of prey! Who needs all this silly ''human lessons'' and these beliefs that the universe is somehow some fancy story about human psychology issues?? I mean, seriously people! Why choose that when I could have ruled the skies as a big nasty bird? So obviously, I didn't have a 'choice'.

Anyways, fun to think about but we're a product of genes and environment.
Old 27-03-2021, 09:47 PM
Administrator
No life is unsuccesful from the shortest time spent on the earth plane to the longest. each life can teach us something.

Namaste
Old 27-03-2021, 11:25 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you so much for the replies as I've learned so much in this thread.

I have a great life now. Financially secure, loving family and I live in a beautiful place in regards to nature. But its hasn't always been this way and I'm deeply regretful for destroying some relationships that really hurt people. So although I'm happy, these mistakes are haunting me and I get this sinking feeling that I was supposed to correct these mistakes from a previous life but totally screwed them up.

One of those relationships was my mother who died a few years ago. We hadn't spoken for years because I decided to cut off communication. She tried to reach out to me a few months before her death and I refused to respond. So that has haunted me every single day these past few years and I cannot correct that mistake in this life. I refused to show forgiveness, understanding and love when I needed to the most. This is why I feel a debt owed because I turned my back when she needed me most.

But as some have stated, this failure could be a hard lesson I was supposed to learn in this life. I can see the point now that maybe recognizing and experiencing this heartache was planned all along, and the lesson is so much grief for not choosing love. I do try and live each day to its fullest now and try to bring happiness to those around me.

Thank you all!

And thank you Matt for bringing me here for much needed healing and guidance. You are an angel!