Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 08-03-2021, 08:19 PM
JustASimpleGuy

An Ocean of Awareness

https://youtu.be/dVKS8jhXN2s?t=2582

If you would know that and lucid dreaming would go on it would be something like this.

Indeed! The waking equivalent of a lucid dream.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:21 AM
Fascinating...he is such a good teacher...I love how you align the video to
the exact spot you want to present.
This one was,I dunno, for me. Thank you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-03-2021, 08:55 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Fascinating...he is such a good teacher...I love how you align the video to
the exact spot you want to present.
This one was,I dunno, for me. Thank you.

I believe that was the first time I heard him use lucid dreaming as an analogy for Self-realization/Awakening so I had to make a post and bookmark the video at that point.

Yes, he is a great teacher and my intuition tells me much, much more.

When live lectures resume in Manhattan I'll be hopping an Amtrak from Albany.

Here's another gem from the lecture: Awareness reveals/illumines objects and objects manifest Awareness. https://youtu.be/dVKS8jhXN2s?t=4214
Old 15-03-2021, 03:14 AM
Master
"Don't wish for union!
There's a closeness beyond that...
Fall in love in such a way
that it frees you from any connecting.
Love is the soul's light, the taste of morning;
no me, no we, no claim of being...
As eyes in silence, tears, face:
love cannot be said." (Rumi)
Old 17-03-2021, 05:13 PM
Pathfinder
For a different take on the same subject...here is a video called Nonduality and points of perspective - https://youtu.be/29N9GD1kq4g
Old 17-03-2021, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
https://youtu.be/dVKS8jhXN2s?t=2582

If you would know that and lucid dreaming would go on it would be something like this.

Indeed! The waking equivalent of a lucid dream.
I watched some again...wow...I can't hear this enough.
And yet I talked about this and knew this in 1972!
At 8 yrs old I knew this was made of all 'dreamstuff' ...he called mind stuff.
He has very good examples.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-03-2021, 06:43 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I watched some again...wow...I can't hear this enough.
And yet I talked about this and knew this in 1972!
At 8 yrs old I knew this was made of all 'dreamstuff' ...he called mind stuff.
He has very good examples.

A hard-core Advaitan would say something like there's no real difference between waking and dream realities. In fact they would say deep dreamless sleep is closer to the truth.

Waking = Gross Body
Dreaming = Subtle Body
Deep Sleep = Causal Body

Another way to look at the causal body is the last of the five sheaths (ānandamaya kosha).

https://www.manblunder.com/articlesv...lect-and-bliss

The fifth and final sheath is known as ānandamaya kosha or the sheath of bliss. The previous four sheaths are associated with gross and subtle bodies. Ānandamaya kosha alone is associated with the inner most casual body. The casual body is full of ignorance. Pañchadaśī (III.9) explains the sheath of bliss as, “there is a position or function of the intellect, which at the time of enjoying the fruits of good actions, goes on a little farther inward and catches the reflection of the bliss and at the end of this enjoyment, merges in deep sleep.”
Old 18-03-2021, 03:03 AM
Master
An ocean of awareness?, that awareness is love. The thing that unites us all. Love is the greatest teaching of all, enlightened masters teach this. Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Mohammed, Joseph Smith etc. Without love we are naught. Amen
Old 18-03-2021, 09:30 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
An ocean of awareness?, that awareness is love. The thing that unites us all. Love is the greatest teaching of all, enlightened masters teach this. Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Mohammed, Joseph Smith etc. Without love we are naught. Amen

From the non-dual perspective there's SatCitAnanda. Sat is existence itself. Cit is consciousness/knowing itself. Ananda is usually translated as bliss itself but a more apt translation is fullness or completeness itself.

All emotions, good and bad, are limited expressions of Ananda. What we experience as love is a limitation of Ananda. So is hate.

Taking it a bit further Sat, Cit and Ananda are all the same "without a second" Ineffable. Dividing it is a limitation and furthermore limiting Its different 'aspects" is a further limitation.

I'm not saying love is bad but just realize where there is love there has to be hate. It's the nature of duality. Listen to how NDE survivors talk about it. They use "unconditional love" but it's not an accurate description. Words can't describe what they experience because it is Ineffable. Overwhelming. Indescribable.

For the Ineffable (without a second) there is nothing to love or hate. Nothing to desire or avoid. There is only existence itself, knowing itself, fullness/completeness itself.

So one can call It an Ocean of Awareness or an Ocean of Existence or an Ocean of Fullness/Completeness. It's all the same and we lack the capacity to intellectualize and verbalize It. By it's very definition Ineffable defies that. One can only be That. One is That. At the core we are all That.
Old 18-03-2021, 03:51 PM
JASG - may I ask where you have seen Satcitananda?
And not chit?
This is news to me.
Unseeking Seeker? Is either correct? is it according to region ...as in,
anand and ananda? Thanks.
While you're at it, being in India....how do you translate Satchitananda
Especially the word sat...more than one meaning?
I know it as true or truth --as used in Sat Naam (or Nam) and Satsang, for example.
I do think different regions, and there are so many - make a big difference.