Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 31-01-2021, 01:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
You seem to also be implying that Atheist are not 'extremist'. I find Atheist to have very similar moral values as 'religious' people.
It's really a facet of identity being a dual paradigm that makes the extremes necessary, and since there is an Athiest identification, there are extreme ends to that, also political identity, national identity, racial identity and so on - all the same basic dual identity structure with extreme ends.

I sympathasise with atheists because they were basically forced into being 'the others' by people who identified religiously, but they also made the mistake of saying 'I am a...' and created 'others' against whom they define themselves. I suggest not doing that because doing so is a delusion that necessitates us and them. If we really look at it truthfully, you can't be 'something'. You have to be self aware so you are conscious of what you do, and if you really are aware of what you are doing, you will see the fallacy of religious identification, and I don't really understand how one could be self-aware and also identify religiously, so I assume that religious identification comes from ignorance or 'know not what they do' or something like that.

I was schooled in Buddhist stuff, and I like it, but I don't believe most of it and find some of it ridiculous. All told, it's as infantile as other religions are, but I appreciate some of the practical applications and I like the depth of philosophy, so I sort of align with it without 'becoming a Buddhist'. I say I'm not a Buddhist, but it's even less that that. I'm not even not a Buddhist. Only Buddhists imagine I'm 'not' because they need 'others' against whom to orient themselves.
Old 14-05-2021, 05:20 AM
Master
When we look at the trivial differences there are in the many religious beliefs, you would think mankind would want to 'iron out' their differences the same way people do in relationships.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-05-2021, 10:02 PM
Master
I didn't read all the 20 pages, maybe what I write will be somehow "off" ?
In the biography of Jesus (Jeshua-Sananda), written from going into the akashic records, he was born in an essene group and then travelled a lot in several countries like India where he practiced hindu rituals, did praised shiva, recited mantra, he had a great interest and love for Gautama buddha, he saw some of his sculptures. He was also in Egypt ans went in a pyramid where he had his powerful initiation. If we believe what is in this book by Daniel Meurois, Jesus did realize the differents religions in truth are just human ways of contacting the one same principle using different names and differents symbols to contact the infinite intelligence, the One infinite and eternal creator.
Old 16-05-2021, 05:11 PM
Master
Haven't come across another person on this Forum who knows about Sananda.

I also suspect the various belief systems are pointing to the same thing....... and that it is difficult to realize this because each belief system is coming from a different perspective but still....... part of the whole.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 17-05-2021, 08:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Haven't come across another person on this Forum who knows about Sananda.

I also suspect the various belief systems are pointing to the same thing....... and that it is difficult to realize this because each belief system is coming from a different perspective but still....... part of the whole.

Sananda is the cosmic name for the avatar known as Jesus 2000 years ago.
And if we believe what is in the book by Daniel Meurois (SECRET LIFE OF JESHUA: According To The Memory of Time- book 1), in a previous lifetime Jesus was Zarathustra.
Old 28-05-2021, 11:48 PM
Master
As long as people chose not to look at others in other religions, as their brothers, the greater the void becomes.

Old 02-07-2021, 05:31 AM
Master
As the COVID-19 pandemic stirred the emotions of many, it does not seem like it has drawn hardly any of the groups that have animosity for one another any closer.

Old 10-08-2021, 08:25 PM
Deactivated Account
Getting back to the original question is there not an option to see any "other" as someone who Christ has already "known"? Not as someone in need of our "truth" but who just might have something to teach us?

In "Emblems of a Season of Fury" (1963), Thomas Merton writes, “It is my belief that we should not be too sure of having found Christ in ourselves until we have found him also in the part of humanity that is most remote from our own.”

Merton also writes:- “God speaks, and God is to be heard, not only on Sinai, not only in my own heart, by in the voice of the stranger”

Obviously these are just words. Is inter-faith viable? Maybe not, but if it is, it begins with ourselves.
Old 14-08-2021, 07:52 PM
Master
Sure, we can learn from others.

When we wentto school, that is what we did.
...... and then as adults, we seem to have a tendency to believe in only certain things but if we look at other beliefs, in many cases their beliefs are similar to 'ours'.

Old 31-08-2021, 03:36 AM
Master
Thumbs up UNITY

Quote:
EXCERPT
In today's realm in which one's religion is superior to another person's religion has bred friction and very little if any commonality. We have read the expression "love your neighbor as yourself" but in many cases we acknowledge it does not apply to us personally.
As the World of Mankind percolates over all the problems we face, it looks like they can be diminished if we can put aside what we perceive as religious differences and look at all the things we have in common.