Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 14-05-2018, 01:20 AM
Master

I've heard of microwave cakes before. My plants absolutely love duck poop tea.

When we visited Hawaii we picked coconuts and papayas. Can papayas grow in your neck on the woods Lucky?

I love roses!
Old 14-05-2018, 01:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I've heard of microwave cakes before. My plants absolutely love duck poop tea.

When we visited Hawaii we picked coconuts and papayas. Can papayas grow in your neck on the woods Lucky?

I love roses!

Sure....papaya grow just fine around here.....

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 14-05-2018, 03:50 AM
Master
I used to really enjoy growing things... salad bits and all. I haven't been very motivated the last few years, but I think this year I'm going to shift some plants about, get my beds in order. Maybe put in some rhubarb and some lavendar.

Old 14-05-2018, 11:54 AM
Master

I'm putting in some rhubarb this year to Kaere.
Old 14-05-2018, 01:35 PM
Master
It's that time of the year! I'll be putting my vegetable seedlings in the ground today but first I need to buy some potting soil. Cucumbers and tomatoes are always a huge hit with the family. I gotta have my Swiss Chard and zucchini.

I purchased an indoor orchid and it died on me after the blooms. On the upside, the lilac tree is in bloom. I hope to plant some wild flowers and look for small lilacs to encourage bees and butterflies to the yard.
Old 14-05-2018, 04:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
My experience rainbow is your plants will teach you how to take care of them. Consider them your children, lavishing love on them and they will love you back. I am so excited for you! Please, keep us posted.

I'm already finding that to be true! we've moved a few things around after noticing that they seemed to be getting very dry and droopy from too much sun and they're doing better in a shadier area.

a friend is giving me some clippings from houseplants so that I can have more plants inside. she's also gonna give me a bunch of planters so I'll probably get the last of my seeds into dirt in a couple days
Old 14-05-2018, 04:49 PM
Master
Play in the dirt? Gardens? My kind of thread!

I have houseplants, a garden, fruit trees and more plants for the yard.

Lots of trees are leafing out, some fruit trees started blooming, the forsythia is finished blooming, rhubarb is up and so are a bunch of other perennials. Mom planted garlic in fall and those are up. I started some flowers inside the house and those have sprouted. She also planted peas, sweetpeas and carrots. I helped with it and have to be sure they get watered as it's hot and no rain clouds in site for the past few days. I'm waiting for the asparagus to start growing. We have a perennial onion called Egyptian (aka Walking onion) which can be eaten now. I've been picking chive and using those on potato salad.

The lilac trees and an ornamental Chinese flowering plum are loaded with flower buds. We have other kinds of trees but are mostly to fill in a windbreak and to add shade for the horses.

I've seen bumblebees and a morning cloak butterfly.

I overwintered a geranium so it's outside now. I bought some annuals and potted up a couple of petunias. I have other annuals and am waiting to be sure that the weather won't turn cold enough to have frost during the night. Then I'll plant them. In the mean time, I'm amending the potting soil so the planters will be ready.

Oh, weeds and grass grow very well!

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 14-05-2018, 05:15 PM
Master

Chrysalis you make me dizzy with all your gardening activity. Sounds like you and your mom are doing the spring dance together.

I learned about growing things and playing in dirt from my father. I hated him for 'making' me do it when I was a kid, but I sure appreciate everything he taught me about gardening and growing plants now that I'm older. But part of it is my DNA. My mother and father both loved playing in dirt.

We have some ancient pear trees that already have baby pears on them. They are the cooking type of pears. Crisp and less sweet and great for pear butter and pear pies. Looks like we will also have mulberries and sand plums. My ducks look forward to the mulberries but there is purple poop everywhere when the berries are ripe!

I like swiss chard better than spinach. And there is nothing to compare to the smell of freshly bloomed lilacs Berry.
Old 14-05-2018, 07:07 PM
Master
I just planted peas, beans, and cucumbers. I'm starting petite sunflowers. I don't like lilac scents but I love their blooms. I searched for lavender plants but couldn't find any today. I shall hunt for them another day. Swiss Chard is definitely milder than spinach. I like to stir fry my greens. I learned to add a tea spoon of soy sauce to negate the spinach after taste. Works wonders.

Chrysalis, your garden is amazing!
Old 14-05-2018, 09:40 PM
Master
sum tims ffedin food or flowrs insted of watr beer is grt for it 2 amot tims iv pord bear in 2 thngs thn all of sundend i v gt weid plantss

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔