Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 10-04-2017, 07:49 PM
Experiencer
Some answers needed

Why does christianity dislike witches?
If chanting is also incantation why does one aprove this knowing it is a form of magic.
Fact or myth - Witches are evil?
Old 11-04-2017, 02:32 AM
Master

Christianity dislikes Witches/pagans and Wiccans because they don't worship what they consider to be the one true god; among many other reasons.

Chanting can be a form of incantation but not necessarily so. Why does who approve?

Fact - Witches are not evil. Witches can work spells to heal, to help, to curse and even kill. There are times when all of these are called for. Remember, a doctor can kill too, doesn't make him/her evil. And really, what is evil?
Old 11-04-2017, 04:19 AM
Knower

Christianity doesn’t like witches because they fear the unknown. They fear what they do not understand. They fear what they may or may not be able to control.

In a world of so much influenced minds already... the last thing they want is everyone getting on a band-wagon thinking they are witches with super powers of some kind, as depicted in movies and the likes, because that would just cause havoc in so many possible ways it’s not funny. And there are surely people out there of “unsound” minds that think witchcraft is all... what it isn’t.

Bit like “extremists” really. Of which is just another problem in a world of already messed up conceptions of what is and isn’t. Religion started extremists! Yet the “witch groups” are not seen as a forerunner of extremist groups.
Imagine if all the witches rallied together around the world? It would be a very powerful “group” of possible mind/faith/religious altering ways...and that, the churches do not want. But again, the churches don’t want “anything” that they fear could “take over the people.”

It goes for the whole range of “religions” and a lot of people in general.
Every religion has their own set ways... and death to all others because their ability to an open mind is closed by their own faith for whatever reason they want to justify it.

Witches are depicted as evil simply because “religion” says so.

Are witches evil? What a crock of sh*t!
But of course there are people out there in the world that call themselves a witch and are nothing but evil intent. These people aren’t “witches” but simply egotistical power-mongers/bullies/control freaks that get off on causing others pain and harm in whatever way they can. Quite like “religion”.
(and neither needs to be witch or religious really for that to be)

There is good and bad in “everything”, everywhere. The world is proof of that.

Most witches and those that follow The Craft are closer to “a source of God” (good) in a natural, God given way... then most “studied for years” religious nuts.

And just to add – Most good witches have an open mind beyond what any church/religion could ever comprehend.

Magic – is a whole different topic I feel.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:12 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Christianity dislikes Witches/pagans and Wiccans because they don't worship what they consider to be the one true god; among many other reasons.

Chanting can be a form of incantation but not necessarily so. Why does who approve?

Fact - Witches are not evil. Witches can work spells to heal, to help, to curse and even kill. There are times when all of these are called for. Remember, a doctor can kill too, doesn't make him/her evil. And really, what is evil?

I did some seva and someone replaced my translation of chanting which is monotone singing and the replacement was incantation. I later found out that wiccans worship a three headed deity. On (wikipedia).
So it must be relevant also. Still that (ssrf) website translates chetkin as witch that is something evil.
I stumble again over a quote . Labelling makes it only less significant
Old 22-03-2021, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadalinaDiana
"to close eyes like them" a doll. A good looking woman.
What does this mean?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-03-2021, 10:22 AM
Administrator
Can you explain your statement?

Namaste
Old 23-03-2021, 07:21 PM
asearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianamadalina
If chanting is also incantation why does one aprove this knowing it is a form of magic.
i view it more like there is that time's political society reflecting in some holy books, religions, as it is too written by human beings, it did not just drop from the sky. I respect all religions and all beliefs and all those who don't believe, what exist exist regardless of what I believe or not.

about the withes...these were in my opinion perfectly normal women, some knew by education, experience how to help others, been hurt, so on

those times were a society built on supression - it was all over the place. you had the king, you had the priest, you had the different social aspects, husband/father of the family up there, not next to him but below to him his wife, the mother, then the children...everything went like that.

I don't believe in witches, i believe it was all normal women who was a threat somehow by their intelligence, their knowing, and so on, and so on.

back then a society built on fear, and built on someone being in more power than someone else.

In my opinion that has nothing to do with the heart of any religion, more to do with the cold hearts of frighten, and power seeking humans.
Old 25-03-2021, 03:31 AM
Master
Quote:

I've seen lots of good witches so they aren't all evil. Amen
Old 09-04-2021, 11:16 PM
Just Tim

Hi dianamadalina !

There used to be a time when Witch had an evil connotation, and on the good side one would be called Sorceress.
Nowadays it's just Wicca. Magick. Don't let the old world drag you down. Even nowadays, the old world still exists. It's just not dominant anymore.
Just the beginning of an answer. Your mind's sharp alright, maybe you can work something out of this.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:00 PM
Master

Quote:

In much of Christian history there is little room for alternative approaches to the Divine, presumably because such paths make the Christian priest redundant. Even nowadays fundamentalist Christians may denounce such alternative practices as the work of the devil.

But it may all come down to the sentence in Exodus 22:18 - "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."

For those who believe that the Bible is the literal word of God, then this is a commandment to put any witch to death.

But the above sentence is the translation from the Latin in the King James Version. The original Latin was "Maleficos non patieris vivere." And this too would have been a translation from another language, perhaps Greek, which might have been translated from ancient Hebrew. (I don't know much about the development of the Old Testament over the centuries.)

Anyway, maleficos was translated as witch (or sorceress in other versions), when really it simply means an evil-doer. Perhaps the use of the word witch in the KJV was a reflection of attitudes in the early 17th century. Maleficos was a commonly used term for witches, as in the medieval manuscript Malleus Maleficarum, usually translated as The Hammer of Witches. From an online commentary on Malleus Maleficarum: The Malleus Maleficarum came at a peak point in European witchcraft accusations and executions. It was a foundation for treating witchcraft not as a superstition, but as a dangerous and heretical practice of associating with the Devil — and therefore, a great danger to society and to the church.

Peace