Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 01-07-2011, 02:45 AM
Master
nightowl - Yah I actually believe the myth myself. I'm not one of those skeptics because of my own experiences with hauntings. A man that died while living in our previous house (in the Vietnam War) I believe came back to visit the house repeatedly. One night he woke my son up and he began screaming and staring at something at the foot of his bed and said "who are all of those men? and why are they pointing their guns at me?" At the same time, something was holding me in my bedroom and not allowing me to move my feet on the floor so I could quickly go comfort him and see what what he was screaming about. My feet felt glued to the floor and I felt as though something was holding my shoulders in place as well. That's just a fraction of what occured in my haunted house, but my memory was jogged when I thought about things happening to the previous owner and that ower coming back to his/her home for comfort.

Blackraven
Old 01-07-2011, 03:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Yeah IQ I heard they had changed the name. I'm with you I like the original name. Have you ever participated in any of the Halloween stuff they do? I want to make it up there sometime, for the past couple of years I have tried to plan a trip and well it hasn't panned out yet.

nightowl

no. when i lived in N. Tarrytown i was too young to participate in the cool adult Holloween stuff. my elder sister would go to the Old Dutch Church Cemetery where there was some kind of high school aged kid's spooky Holloween thing. all i did was go trick or treating.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Enlightener

I'm a sucker for greek mythology.

But I also like the story of the Iriquois, my friend had a book about them and he read me some, it was really cool and interesting. :)
Old 05-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Master
Myths all untrue-
Stevie Nicks is a witch.
Shaving makes hair grow thicker.
Alice cooper bit heads off chickens in a concert.

We only use 10% of our brains. ( this is my favorite myth by far because people often quote it as a supporting argument to a point they are making) "Just in the same way we only use 10% of our brains ( insert point being made here)- there goes all my credibility lol.

favorite legend- mermaids
Old 05-07-2011, 02:13 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
I'm a sucker for greek mythology.

But I also like the story of the Iriquois, my friend had a book about them and he read me some, it was really cool and interesting. :)

Me too.. something about ancient greek and early native americans resonates with me very strongly. I really enjoyed the Hercules and Xena series. Besides the fact that the shows were just great fun, it was really cool to see the writer's idea of what the Greek gods were like. Aphrodite with a hip, California slang and Aries in black biker leather -- too cool for words!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
Me too.. something about ancient greek and early native americans resonates with me very strongly. I really enjoyed the Hercules and Xena series. Besides the fact that the shows were just great fun, it was really cool to see the writer's idea of what the Greek gods were like. Aphrodite with a hip, California slang and Aries in black biker leather -- too cool for words!

and werent they doing High5's and stuff in those shows? LOL
Old 06-07-2011, 05:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
Myths all untrue-
Stevie Nicks is a witch.
Shaving makes hair grow thicker.
Alice cooper bit heads off chickens in a concert.

We only use 10% of our brains. ( this is my favorite myth by far because people often quote it as a supporting argument to a point they are making) "Just in the same way we only use 10% of our brains ( insert point being made here)- there goes all my credibility lol.

favorite legend- mermaids

Now there's a good one...mermaids
Old 07-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Felynx

Dragons. Like European dragons.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:29 PM
LIFE

Quote:
What is your favourite myth or legend?

The story of Jesus.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
As for Legends i like merlin, but there is a Legend here in wales and to be honest

i can actually see it coming true, there was a small village here it had houses a church just the normal. things that you would expect.

then the idiotic government of the time, said that because england was short of water,

that the village should be drowned out, no thinking of the ppl living there, they should move out,

they drowned the village just so england could have our water,it was said then on days that the weather is hot and the water levels fall,

the village would rise again, id does when there is little water there,

and it is said the village will reclaim its ppl back, and the english will fall,

well the hatred for the english, is well known amongst the celtic nations, and the celts will band together, and if u know anything of the celts you will know, ireland scotland and wales are the celtic nations,
the welsh have meibion glyndwr who used to fire bomb any english owned property in wales,

go to ireland and they find out ure english look out, same for scotland,

things have changed and not all the english are bad, but that is the legend

Namaste

Weird ! England is a Celtic Nation. I live in a Celtic Confederation homeland of the Brigantes and Parisi. Over in Cumbria were the Carvetii. The entire North of England was Celtic.