Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 11-07-2014, 07:53 PM
sweetbeefaerie

what is your favorite memory?

What is one of your most special memories?
Old 11-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Tsuga

Lots of favorite memories come from childhood.
I loved to go to the Astoria Cinema. It's gone now, and as far as I know it is still just a patch of lawn between a boozer and a block of flats. My hometown is funny in that sort of way - no heritage preservation.

Anyway, I once found a five pound note. In those days you could ride a bus for tuppence. I was rich beyond my senses. So I went into into the cinema, both to watch a movie and to get some change.
After the movie I went to a sweet shop, for more change, before heading to the bus stop. I bought a net bag full of chocolate gold coins.
On my way to the bus stop two kids approached me, pushed me around a bit, then ran off with the chocolate.
My trousers were almost falling down with the amount of silver I had in my pockets, and those kids ran off with sweets. Ah, happy days!

t.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:12 AM
Tsuga

Two more Astoria memories.

My best friend at school back when I was around 10 yrs old was a brown eyed rabbit-toothed girl. And one time I realized we'd never been to the cinema together. So I phones her and she agrees to pretend she would go with a girlfriend and meet me on Main Street.
Whatever did she see in me. I was such a clown. I put on a little of my dad's aftershave. Then, for some forgotten reason, I had a better idea. I emptied almost half the bottle over myself.
At the cinema I'm pretty sure I stunk the place out. She said she had to be home before eight. Before the end of the film. And I believed her.
Disney's, Sleeping Beauty...I never did see how that one ended !

Another time, me and two mates went to see the Disney classic, Alice in Wonderland. We enjoyed the Mad Hatter's Tea Party, but got bored soon after that.
We ended up, all three of us, messing around in the toilets.
Somehow we managed to each tie our pullovers around each of our arms, like straight-jackets, so as to have a bumping competition. Someone must have told the manager and we were thrown out onto the street. Ah, the lesson's of life.

t.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:21 AM
Gracey

My Dad and I sitting on the swing under the oak tree in our back yard. We never said a word for hours, just watched the world go by.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:15 AM
Master

the time I was able to quit thinking about females was the most peaceful thing I've ever known. I really didn't want it to end.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:19 AM
Chirpyrosa

I was a tomboy.

When a boy approached me, I was 6 years old then, I declared, 'You know, I am not a girl, I am a boy'

We then became friends.

My craze relaxed when I fell in love with a guy.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:44 PM
Master
My most recent favorite is the memory of the sound of my youngest son's belly laugh after a very dark(scariest ever) depressive cycle. It was shortly after 911, and we needed a good laugh. We watched the movie Rat Race. Hearing that laugh made me cry - we were so scared.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
the time I was able to quit thinking about females was the most peaceful thing I've ever known. I really didn't want it to end.

Nice.
Old 14-07-2014, 01:29 AM
sweetbeefaerie

these are all beautiful memories guys. They brought tears to my eyes and made me giggle :)

One of my favorite, most special memories was a very sunny day on my friend's deck grilling food. It was summer and the temperature was perfect with a relaxing breeze. It was as if there was magic in the air-I was with a few of my very close friends and we each had a smile on our face. It was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life so far, yet it was so simple.