Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 04-09-2020, 10:20 AM
Elfin

What do you reckon?...

Hi..this is something I have been putting off for a long time... But it won't go away.... And at some point I know I have to tell it... Several years ago , I started an "awakening" process.... Which from what I believe, you are "shown" things from past lives in order to clear karma, baggage or whatever...in order to progress your ascention...... So here goes.... Firstly , my father was fighting in Africa , around 1953/ 54 as part of his national service. The war was terrible, as all wars are... And he never , ever , EVER , spoke about it. Except for one story he told me , about 30 years ago..... He was on night guard watch ...at camp, and as daylight was approaching , he saw the sillouette of an enemy soldier , with gun, and a backpack on.... He shot...and then had to see whether the soldier was dead, or injured. The soldier was dead.... So was the little baby strapped to the soldiers back... The bullet killed them both.... The "soldier" was a young woman........ And then after he told me he cried, as it was something he could " never get over"......... Skip forward to 1961.... And I was born....Twins... My sister died at birth....... And to this day.. I have never ever got on with my father..........skip again to when I was a teen...and without going into detail...I "lost " a baby that I very much loved....it was not my choice...( You will know what I mean...I had no say).... something that has has never left me and indeed haunted me at times........and then skip to just 9 years ago... I got into an argument with my father.... ( Not hard to do)....and out of the blue I screamed at him..."you killed my baby"......!!!..... Even afterwards I thought "maybe that was unfair...it wasn't actually him that did the deed".. although he never actually supported me at that time... Indeed he "washed his hands" of me..... Then skip to only 6 months ago... Where I wake up in the night , sit boltright up in bed ... Like id been stuck by lightening... With the realisation that I was the female soldier in Africa ...and that not only had my father in that life shot and killed me, but also my baby..... And maybe..just maybe ...this is why I have such an in-explicable draw to Africa .... Because once it was my home......... But anyway... That's my story.... And it feels good to let it out...
Old 04-09-2020, 06:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Was it your experience or were you feeling that of someone you have linked to, one might wonder?
Old 04-09-2020, 08:27 PM
janielee

Gosh, Elfin, I'm so sorry - for everything that happened. To your father. To that young woman who was trying to escape .. indescribale pain and suffering. For the baby, I'm sorry you didn't get to live out your life.

Your father must have suffered/suffer too; it is a hard cycle to escape isn't it.

I'm so sorry. I hope he is more at peace and I hope that you are too.

Blessings,

JL
Old 04-09-2020, 08:49 PM
Master

Probably not. Your subconscious just figured out a scenario based on your beliefs, emotions, stories, so that you feel justified in your feelings toward your father.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:43 AM
Elfin

Thank you all for your input.... It's so difficult to know exactly what the truth is.... I know my father has suffered a lot of traumas in life, as I have ...indeed, as we all do.... Prior to these thoughts emerging, several times over several years I have had very vivid dreams of Africa ( I have never been to Africa)... But in particular of a young African lady walking along a hot dusty road... And also of being on a bus ,talking to a young African lady... Just her and I in the bus.. and the conversation being about her "being lost".... And similar dreams. Yes... Maybe I am trying to make the pieces "fit" in order to understand things... I sometimes receive messages to give to other people... I know when it's a message as opposed to a random thought, because a "message" won't go away.. a random thought will .... And when I deliver the message to the person... It has been right to do so.. and very meaningful to the person..... So I guess that is why I'm giving this so much thought... Because it just won't go away....
Old 05-09-2020, 09:48 AM
Deactivated Account
Don't dismiss the possibility of overshadowing, A.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:55 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Don't dismiss the possibility of overshadowing, A.
Hi.. and no I won't.... All will become apparent in time I suppose!!! .... Life can be complex enough , without trying to figure out various past lives too !!!!!..... But then again , I'm a great believer in we try to figure them out for a reason...
Old 05-09-2020, 10:01 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi.. and no I won't.... All will become apparent in time I suppose!!! .... Life can be complex enough , without trying to figure out various past lives too !!!!!..... But then again , I'm a great believer in we try to figure them out for a reason...

Belief is fine but evidence is better.

Some individuals definitely appear to have found help from figuring their own out but I wonder how many haven't?

As you say, this life is complex enough to understand without spending additional energy considering earlier ones.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:07 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Belief is fine but evidence is better.

Some individuals definitely appear to have found help from figuring their own out but I wonder how many haven't?

As you say, this life is complex enough to understand without spending additional energy considering earlier ones.
...I have never been "regressed" .... I know many do... I have read you need to be careful... And I'm a scardy cat !!!!!.... But the worry I would have now, is given that I've got this "idea" in my head.... Is that what would come "out" as it already planted there ?... So I still wouldn't know !!!!...
Old 05-09-2020, 10:22 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
...I have never been "regressed" .... I know many do... I have read you need to be careful... And I'm a scardy cat !!!!!.... But the worry I would have now, is given that I've got this "idea" in my head.... Is that what would come "out" as it already planted there ?... So I still wouldn't know !!!!...

I haven't experienced past-life-regression either so I can't comment on the technique. I've heard some individuals benefit greatly but I don't know if any actually experience negative outcomes.

I suppose one might learn details better not known but that's just my guess. Inevitably some individuals will be living now after traumatic earlier lives but I don't know if simply learning about them would constitute a significant risk.

My expectation would be that ideas in one's head would not appear if one was genuinely recalling details from previous lives. There's a possibility, though, that ideas you already hold did actually originate in an earlier life anyway.

Then, as you say, you might not know which came first - a chicken and egg situation.