Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 19-05-2020, 09:59 AM
Newbie ;)

The question i find difficult to answer

I love nature and travelling!

Where ever i go, people ask me "where are you from?" I seems like a very smart, natural question but i find it very difficult to answer. I am forced to pretend and give an artificial(man-made) answer.

I actually feel i come from within, where everything and everyone comes from. But i cannot say the truth because people get offended, perplexed they think i m condescending. So i pretend and give them an answer. I say i come from Belize! The awkwardness is lifted for the questioner but to me,it gets accumulated, this inability to say the truth! that i come from within, from my heart!

Does anyone who is all natural, feel the same as me? How do you overcome this burden?
Old 19-05-2020, 10:23 AM
Master
When someone asks you where you're from and you say Belize, you aren't lying are you. I understand you want to make deep connections with others. But initially that isn't usually possible. Most people are wary of becoming vulnerable. So, are you prepared to take your time with others that can't connect deeply to begin with?

Welcome to the forum.
Old 19-05-2020, 11:56 AM
Elfin

AHH.. yes. It's a natural instinct when one knows within one's self "other" things. Easier to just say where you were born, and you will "know", with each person you meet , whether it's appropriate to expand. Can be frustrating, I do know. But I learnt to save my breathe for like minded that I knew I could talk to. Because we have to realise that not everyone is the same. You will get there.
Old 19-05-2020, 12:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chac Chel

Where ever i go, people ask me "where are you from?" I seems like a very smart, natural question but i find it very difficult to answer. I am forced to pretend and give an artificial(man-made) answer.

I actually feel i come from within, where everything and everyone comes from. But i cannot say the truth because people get offended, perplexed they think i m condescending. So i pretend and give them an answer. I say i come from Belize! The awkwardness is lifted for the questioner but to me,it gets accumulated, this inability to say the truth! that i come from within, from my heart!

Does anyone who is all natural, feel the same as me? How do you overcome this burden?
When I am asked, I tell people "It is so obvious where I am from but so far nobody has been able to guess".

They make guesses but they are always wrong.
Then I say "I am from my Mother!"

Everyone has a good laugh and nobody pursues the original question.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 19-05-2020, 12:33 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
When someone asks you where you're from and you say Belize, you aren't lying are you. I understand you want to make deep connections with others. But initially that isn't usually possible. Most people are wary of becoming vulnerable. So, are you prepared to take your time with others that can't connect deeply to begin with?

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for trying to help me, a bit.

I agree. what you say is true, we are inclined to put a border, protect ourselves from being taken advantage.So we need time to figure out if the other person is genuine, if they are looking for a true connection or they are just looking for out for the peripherals.

I travel a lot, keep moving where the winds take me.. and dont have the gift of time to sit at leisure to socialize. Perhaps i should take time, sometimes even think of settling...

I am of Q'eqchi ethnicity of Mayan origins! The original name of my place is "Balis" - meaning swampy earthy waters. but the names are changed by the powers that be and now it is called Belize. My heart feel disconnected when i say this new word(no rhythm inside my heart) and that is why i say it is of a pretense, not that i m lying! But who cares for the heart when we are engaged in the conventions of time.

If i may ask, Where are you from Josephine(real name?) Would you feel like pretending if the name of your native is changed from what is now? Lets even go further, what if it is forcibly given a name from a language you do not speak and come from? Could you kindly imagine this situation and try to feel the pain of being forgotten, lost and led to a wandering?

We are one of the most vulnerable on planet earth, just like many other indigenous cultures. From my travels, i observed that indigenous people from around the world, connect instantly, in a much deeper level than most people from the civilized world. why do civilized people need time to connect, when they are already beyond basic vulnerabilities!?

Likewise i had the privilege to connect deeply with civilized people too. They were not similar to their collective. They were usually not patriotic, did not adhere to any religions, or have strong political inclinations etc., These some, did not emanate fear, they were down to earth, had an angelic glow in them, their eyes made contact direct from their soul, similar to most of the indigenous people.

I m so grateful to have met people from both the worlds. Still looking to connect with people from the civilized world(needs effort), which is one of the reasons that made me come to this forum , so i can spend time(while i travel), learn about civilized people, find similarities, perhaps even learn about fears, share wonderful things about this beautiful dream of life(which is common to both the new and the old worlds) to understand better and possibly connect deep.
Old 19-05-2020, 12:40 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
When I am asked, I tell people "It is so obvious where I am from but so far nobody has been able to guess".

They make guesses but they are always wrong.
Then I say "I am from my Mother!"

Everyone has a good laugh and nobody pursues the original question.

Thanks John.
You are smart,witty and able to make people laugh! I admire this quality. unfortunately my craft is very infantile. I learn it from you, might use it on people who are not serious of connecting.

but, with your answer were you able to proceed to a deeper level?
Old 19-05-2020, 12:55 PM
Master
Quote:

how many people who ask you would understand a deep answer to a simple question? A question like that, is what it is. It's more affective to simplify at times then to over dress it. You know your exact origins, that's all that matters. Let's have some fun with this one. Ask my a question to possibly complicated answer.
Old 19-05-2020, 01:10 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
AHH.. yes. It's a natural instinct when one knows within one's self "other" things. Easier to just say where you were born, and you will "know", with each person you meet , whether it's appropriate to expand. Can be frustrating, I do know. But I learnt to save my breathe for like minded that I knew I could talk to. Because we have to realise that not everyone is the same. You will get there.

Thanks for helping out.
You are very specific in your approach and have the ability to filter very quickly. Unfortunately, My travels are not predetermined or designed to suit my comfort zone. I like challenges a lot, thanks to my family and crew, they can protect me if there be any trouble from "others". lol

if human beings are from the same source(nature), why is there the other(artificial)?

We all want the basics, natural - food, water & shelter! without which we will all perish! but we also want the other(artificial) - comforts and pleasures. why do we give significance to this artificiality and fail at providing for ourselves(humankind) with the basic needs?

Perhaps "Josephinebloggs" might be interested in this more than yourself, as i saw into one of her threads on the topic of " The real cause world hunger".
Old 19-05-2020, 01:32 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
how many people who ask you would understand a deep answer to a simple question? A question like that, is what it is. It's more affective to simplify at times then to over dress it. You know your exact origins, that's all that matters. Let's have some fun with this one. Ask my a question to possibly complicated answer.

What you say is 100% true. Most people are not aware of the basic truth that we are from within, from the source of everything! I do answer with simplicity, that i am from within and it is truly over dressing for most! There is a silence, an awkward moment where the questioner is baffled and cannot believe what they have just heard. Some move away to other questions(who really feel intrigued, but still drawn into me,in a sort of a trance) others behave rude with mockery or become quiet! It does not bother me either way. Children never ask me such questions, they just ask me my name. i say my name is Chel and they say their names. We smile, laugh and immediately connect with the dynamism and the children do see "where i am coming from", they are unafraid in a way, they are not interested in history or geography, they are really interested to "see" who i am and not to just "know, measure and keep a boundary"(like the adults).

Why have we opted for complications when life is very simple!? why have we made a mandatory convention to rely on segregated origins? why are we attached to the details(skin color, language, economic status etc) on the peripheral?

Please dont feel like i m questioning you sir! Its just a general discussion.
Old 19-05-2020, 01:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for trying to help me, a bit.

I agree. what you say is true, we are inclined to put a border, protect ourselves from being taken advantage.So we need time to figure out if the other person is genuine, if they are looking for a true connection or they are just looking for out for the peripherals.

I travel a lot, keep moving where the winds take me.. and dont have the gift of time to sit at leisure to socialize. Perhaps i should take time, sometimes even think of settling...

I am of Q'eqchi ethnicity of Mayan origins! The original name of my place is "Balis" - meaning swampy earthy waters. but the names are changed by the powers that be and now it is called Belize. My heart feel disconnected when i say this new word(no rhythm inside my heart) and that is why i say it is of a pretense, not that i m lying! But who cares for the heart when we are engaged in the conventions of time.

If i may ask, Where are you from Josephine(real name?) Would you feel like pretending if the name of your native is changed from what is now? Lets even go further, what if it is forcibly given a name from a language you do not speak and come from? Could you kindly imagine this situation and try to feel the pain of being forgotten, lost and led to a wandering?

We are one of the most vulnerable on planet earth, just like many other indigenous cultures. From my travels, i observed that indigenous people from around the world, connect instantly, in a much deeper level than most people from the civilized world. why do civilized people need time to connect, when they are already beyond basic vulnerabilities!?

Likewise i had the privilege to connect deeply with civilized people too. They were not similar to their collective. They were usually not patriotic, did not adhere to any religions, or have strong political inclinations etc., These some, did not emanate fear, they were down to earth, had an angelic glow in them, their eyes made contact direct from their soul, similar to most of the indigenous people.

I m so grateful to have met people from both the worlds. Still looking to connect with people from the civilized world(needs effort), which is one of the reasons that made me come to this forum , so i can spend time(while i travel), learn about civilized people, find similarities, perhaps even learn about fears, share wonderful things about this beautiful dream of life(which is common to both the new and the old worlds) to understand better and possibly connect deep.

Yes, so you understand that people don't want to be taken advantage, to possibly get hurt, that's a good reason, no?

That's great you're able to do lots of travelling. Or has this been forced upon you? It'll take patience and time to get to know people if that's what you want.

When someone asks where you're from, could you say I'm from a country now called Belize, Q'eqchi ethnicity of Mayan origins. I'm sure that'll spark much interest for a conversation. Must be difficult to be from a history you describe.

I dwell in the green and pleasant land btw