Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 25-02-2015, 11:10 PM
carlycarly451

Is there such thing as being too young?

Sometime last summer I was getting ready to take my dog for a run across the street. We were both in our back porch and I was sitting on the ground stretching when all of a sudden my brothers hockey mouth guard that was still in its package, just randomly flew across the room. I know its sounds strange but before it was just sitting on the table and then just took off and fell to the ground. I was so freaked out so I told my mom when she got home. Well she ended up telling her good friend who is very intuitive and she told my mom that I was "Putting too much energy out into the spiritual world" "and that I was too young." What does that mean to put too much energy out into the spiritual world and what does that have to do with age?
Old 26-02-2015, 12:14 AM
Master
I looked at your profile, which gives your age. What comes to mind, for me, is that a lot of investigation was done between about 1900 and 1965 concerning so-called poltergeist activity in people's homes. There have been a number of theories about what causes the propelling of objects and other phenomena that are often categorized under the label "poltergeist". But many investigators noticed a couple of things: 1) that such phenomena were much more often associated, in homes, with girls or women than with boys or men; 2) that often they seemed associated with girls in the early-teen and mid-teen years.

I won't offer you an explanation for what you experienced. But I'll say that, from my understanding, much more often than not no harm comes to anyone. Weird and unsettling, yes - harmful, no. Usually it passes away as the girl matures.

One other thing I'll add: Don't think that being a spirit medium or something of that sort is the only spiritual path available to you. There are other paths of spiritual development. Some are traditional (such as Buddhism, yoga/Vedanta, mystical Christianity), some are more "new age". By the way, stability and personal maturity are decent goals in themselves.