Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 26-05-2021, 06:10 PM
Master
Mantak Chia's Energizer Breathing

Turns out my Teacher had another version in mind for me which is like Bellows Breathing in Yoga (however Bellows Breathing uses the whole torso). He sent me this text from Mantak Chia's book which explains how the energizing breathing exercise is a combination of abdominal breathing and reverse breathing.

Quote:
"We begin the practice of Packing Process Breathing by learning abdominal breathing, which energizes and loosens the fascial layers of the body. Abdominal breathing and reverse breathing are the two basic modes of breath training. When practiced together they are known as Energizer Breathing; in yoga this union of breath practices is called Breath of Fire or Bellows Breathing." (excerpt only of text)

Mantak Chia, Iron Shirt Chi Kung (link to page)

With Abdominal breathing the belly goes out on exhale, with reverse breathing it goes in. I'll just have to figure it out myself until I see him demonstrate it.

Geesh, just when I thought I had it all figured out...

I've been feeling a lot of vitality lately with all the garden/yard work and housework going on. I tend to think these things are an extension of what we do naturally even in ignorance.

p.s. FYI a free live workshop begins in 1/2 hour (3pm ET) at the YouTube link in my signature.
Old 29-05-2021, 01:44 PM
Master
Ayurveda

interview with Dr. Hemant Gupta, an Ayurvedic Doctor currently residing in Canada, preview link

While I'm waiting for the live session to begin, thought I'd post this Ayurvedic clock. It syncs the doshas (three basic body energies) with the 24 hour movement of the sun, to show activities that flow with Nature and biology. Live session link in YouTube (see my signature).

************************************************** ***********************************
Old 29-05-2021, 06:25 PM
Master
Wow Dr. Gupta really clarified a lot for me about how Ayurveda works (basic outline)!

His anecdote about an MD seeing cancer patients 60 years ago only seeing 5 per month versus today 60 per month is a wake up call. We're so out of touch due to modern lifestyle, with the natural cycles in our bodies and Nature. The two are supposed to be in sync.

I'm looking at this presentation a few times... temporary link on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/10403870841...60260942651559

He really clarified the kosha model for me too, especially where he says that if the perceptual processing part of the mind is perfect it leads to healthy intellectual processing and that promotes harmony and leads to bliss - that in our natural state (healthiest) from the point of view of Ayurveda we should be in bliss all the time! I so agree with that! Wouldn't the world be heaven on earth if we all had that?

Of course there is much more to it. This is just an introduction, but I was turned off Ayurveda before simply because so many people who are teaching or practitioners don't explain well or don't understand the full picture. Dr. Gupta has 35 years of experience and with my own Teacher there facilitating, I'm more inspired to learn more (especially since I have already studied yoga and vedic astrology which are part of the three sisters going with Ayurveda). I love Nature - I am gardening all the time and painting naturalistic things all the time, so the idea of synchronizing with Nature is very appealing to me.

This pandemic is an opportunity to do that. The air is less polluted, there is more time to live a less stressful life (well not for the front line workers) but for the rest of us could be a wakeup call.
Old 29-05-2021, 11:19 PM
Reading here ---just wanted to let you know.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-05-2021, 12:29 PM
Master
Grateful Miss Hepburn
Old 01-06-2021, 12:11 PM
Master
Next live session at 10am Trinidad time

...if you want to watch it live (or you can always see the recording afterwards).

Last time they had technical issues and the livestream was only available on Facebook.

This one will be an interview, hosted by Sri Vasudeva, with Dr. Raluca, an M.D. who includes Internal, Integrative and Functional Medicine in her professional practice, and is also cancer and Covid survivor.
Old 20-06-2021, 01:06 PM
Pathfinder
Just explored the Youtube channel and it seems a repository of life changing videos.

Thanks
Old 26-06-2021, 11:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshaKantaSharma
Just explored the Youtube channel and it seems a repository of life changing videos.

Thanks
Totally is! There is so much on there now and so many things to practice I'm just struggling to catch up!
Old 27-06-2021, 09:00 PM
Administrator
You seen as though you have a lot more Energy about you. glad its working for you.

Namaste