Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 30-03-2015, 12:27 PM
zippyone

Sleep paralysis nightmare

I had a sleep paralysis nightmare last night but it was different from my previous ones which I have not had for a few years.

This one I was aware of dreaming and paralysis, a ghost girl jumped down from the wardrobe, I was very scared and I couldn't move or make a sound for a moment.

I then realised what was happening and 'woke' myself up by putting all my effort into trying to make a grunting noise which 'woke' me up.

This is the first time I have been able to break the paralysis by a conscious effort rather than coming out of it naturally.

The ghost girl was very strange too as I have never seen her before, I saw her very clearly and it felt so real. In previous sleep paralysis there has just been a feeling of a dark presence (usually male) that I cannot see.
Old 30-03-2015, 01:11 PM
Deactivated Account
I sympathise as I know how scary SP can be. I have experienced knowing there's a dark presence in the room but unlike you I don't normally see it. I'm glad you were able to wake up. It takes me what seems like hours to make a sound to get myself out of it and even then I often fall straight back into the same SP state. Horrible.
Old 30-03-2015, 09:35 PM
Deactivated Account

The fastest and easiest way to make both the scary things stop and the paralysis itself is to stay calm, relax into the scene, and breathe deeply and consciously. I have never had a problem this way.
Old 30-03-2015, 11:10 PM
Suspended
Yeah what scarlettHayden said realx an be calm, try think of somthing funny an laugh realise that it wont last for ever some people wriggle there toes to wake up, also you can call out for some one you pray to or have a connection with in the higher realms an you might just find yourself waking up instantly.
Old 31-03-2015, 03:34 AM
Hgrato

I have those often. I don't usually see anyone, but its like I can sense them right next to my face. Then it will feel like my eyes open and I move them to the side to see whats next to me while i tell myself to wake up. Usually it loops from there several times where I think I'm awake but still frozen to the bed having the same dream. Awful for sure. I'll have to try breathing and calming down as well.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Watkins

I've had a lot of nightmares when I was young. Probably from eating a lot of spicy food.

But seriously, I was so used to nightmares that I kind of thought of ways on how to wake myself.

Like I tell myself that this is weird and that this is impossible and therefore I'm dreaming and then proceed to wake myself up.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Master
I'm once again going to throw this out there, the kind of sleep paralysis that you can stay calm through and wait till it's over is not the kind that some folks refer to as 'sleep paralysis' where they see entities and/or are sometimes attacked. When entities show up you are dealing with inter-dimensional visitation. These beings have the ability to paralyze you and induce scary visions. Our fear is loosh.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:20 PM
Deactivated Account

Sleep paralysis is sleep paralysis. I have experienced a lot of things and remembering to stay calm always made things much better.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:47 PM
Master
I call in Archangel Michael, and it goes away.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator
One of our most fundamental instincts/responses, and one which we share with all other species -is the 'fight/flight' response. Without it an animal could become prey. It must have been in our genetic blueprint even before our distant ancestors grew legs to walk on land.

When this response is thwarted it gives rise to a level of fear and panic which runs deep. This is often a perfect setting for nightmares and fear ridden thoughts and they will be very primal.

So give yourself a break. Because the sleep-state where this happens is not usually a conscious state, and we are not used to being awake during this phase. We are not usually, during normal sleep.

Getting accustomed to it and getting over it are the only solutions. Getting over it consists of deciding quite clearly and without any fear -about where it is you desire most to go next. Do you want to go back to the physical awareness? Fall into deep sleep again? Or venture out of body?...And being extremely decisive about your choice.

Sleep paralysis is to my view, a sudden awareness of an unusual sleep-state, which is bordering on an out of body experience, yet the step hasn't been taken to exit the body, and the mind hovers between the physical and astral unable to make its mind up, overtaken by panic, and unable to fully 'wake up' in a normal way. It is actually quite natural because the physical body is unable to move as consciousness is transferred to the 'subtle body'.
Identifying with the physical at that moment will make you aware of the paralysis, and all sorts of fears will start to rush in, manifesting themselves as dreams/hallucinations.

Two choices will help. Either go back to deep sleep, ignoring the whole thing....or get out of body. Try not to linger in that in-between state if you can.
Third option... lie very still, remember it's quite natural, and see your fear and panic for what it is, and know that you are also an animal who suddenly finds it can't move when it is freaked out by a new and very weird-seeming thing.

I have also heard that concentrating only on one toe and gradually making it move will help to break the paralysis.