Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 21-02-2016, 01:34 AM
Newbie ;)

Becoming acquainted with My spirit guide

Hello All:

I have intentionally been trying to connect with my spirit guide(s). I've not had much success, either.

However, at one point in the process, the name of one of my spirit guides came to me. The name is Micah (Male). Somehow the name just popped into my head and I knew the name was male.

But, that's it .... that's as far as it's gotten. Even though I've been intentional about opening myself up to meeting my spirit guides.

I know all of you don't have solid answers. But, I am curious enough to ask for feedback.

All in all I'm pretty comfortable that Micah (as a Male) is a legitimate communication of my spirit guide's name. This is mostly because I had always envisioned my spirit guide as female. Receiving the name Micah - in male form - is not something my mind would have generated unconsciously.

But, why would the communication end there. If the name/gender of my spirit guide was revealed to me, why not more? Why not answers to the seeking questions I've been asking?

And do any of you know if the name Micah has any special meaning - beyond what one can find in a Baby name book?

Thanks in advance - Rose
Old 21-02-2016, 02:33 AM
Pathfinder
Rose,

Suggest a focus on empty mind meditation for 3 or so weeks. 20 minutes to an hour daily of quiet meditation to assist in opening the facilities you need to make this work.
Old 21-02-2016, 02:39 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmallpanda
Rose,

Suggest a focus on empty mind meditation for 3 or so weeks. 20 minutes to an hour daily of quiet meditation to assist in opening the facilities you need to make this work.

asmallpanda - thank you for responding. Some background information may help.

I'm an avid and experienced meditator, specifically I've been meditating for 35+ years.

I've had "dry" periods before, and accept that it is normal enough. I'm trying to practice patience and receptiveness.... :)

But, as I said in the OP, what is puzzling to me is that the name and gender of my guide would come through, but then nothing else.....
Old 21-02-2016, 04:49 AM
Master
have you considered that there is an aspect of yourself which is in
constant communications with your guides?
if this is so, then the question becomes one of growing your awareness
of this portion of yourself.
align yourself with your "higher self" ... the portion of YOU that is in charge.
the portion of you which knows.

i suspect that there has been a reason for your "being in the dark"... as with most of us.
whatever specific reasons you've had (lessons to learn, etc),
are known to your "higher self", and this information is of and for you.
there is no authority about you greater than yourself! (your "higher self")

i wonder if you're wanting answers to questions so as to ease your mind?
(about this or that)
i suggest that you ease your mind and that that will aid you in recognizing your own inner knowingness. (?)

here's the Wikipage for Micah (prophet):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micah_(prophet)
Old 22-02-2016, 06:22 AM
Pathfinder
Rose,

Do you practice quiet mind meditation? Do you follow the breath? The quiet mind state makes it easier to move the energy. What i'd suggest if you are already an experienced meditator is inner alchemy and chi kung. A strong inner source of chi will assist and strengthening the chakras, bottom up will make this much easier. I'm bad with terminology so I apologize. Have you tried mixing earth and water yet?
Old 22-02-2016, 10:18 AM
Master

Hi Rose_Gardener,

Communication with other dimensions is not that easy.
Knowing the energetic identity, name and gender of one's guide(s) are things not all incarnated souls achieve easily.

I would suggest to just relax and get used to the information you have so far.

When you develop yourself further, clearer communication will become more and more possible.
And this will result in clearer answers from your guide(s) to your other (burning) questions.
Old 22-02-2016, 10:55 AM
Master

It is about understanding how to access certain states. While meditation can be great these states can easily be accessed without and instantly. The question is about focus, the understanding of consciousness and the flow of energy.
Old 22-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Master
Hello Rose,

My intuition is that the questions you are asking can not be answered properly. That seems to happen when there is guidance of importance for a person.

Make a connection and ask what it is your guide would like to speak with you about. Then let your imagination run wild. Allow any thing to come to you in the way of information.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 23-02-2016, 08:11 PM
Newbie ;)

WOW - everyone - thank you for responding. I've been busy for a few days, and checked in to see if there were any responses. How nice to see such a variety. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
have you considered that there is an aspect of yourself which is in
constant communications with your guides?
if this is so, then the question becomes one of growing your awareness
of this portion of yourself.
align yourself with your "higher self" ... the portion of YOU that is in charge.
the portion of you which knows.

Hello HORACE - yes I've thought about your point. It's odd - sometimes when I'm meditating, I get the sense that there is energy "passing by me" so-to-speak. And you're right - it does become a question of how to grow this awareness.
Old 23-02-2016, 08:13 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
here's the Wikipage for Micah (prophet):

Also - thank you for the link to the Wikipage for Micah. I hadn't even thought of checking there. :) It was helpful to read, and I do appreciate your thoughtfulness in providing the link.

To all of you asking about the types of meditation practices I use, multiple types. And I do think the overall suggestion of finding a way to "quiet the mind" is on track. In my tradition (Christian mysticism) there is something called "practicing the presence of Christ". This is a form of quiet or "empty" meditation.

Over the years I've practiced this form of meditation as needed. In my quest to connect with my spirit guide(s), I have been intentional in using this type of meditation.

Lately - I've explored the idea of a twist on the this form of meditation, where I "practice the presence of spirit". In that instead of focusing on the presence of Christ, I instead focus on the presence of spirit that is ultimately me. In other words, I do not cling to the body, or bodily awareness, instead I focus on the presence of the energy which creates my bodily experience.... That may sound a bit "off" for those of you who practice Eastern forms of meditation. But, focusing on the Energy from which my physical body unfolds actually has helped me quiet the mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
The question is about focus, the understanding of consciousness and the flow of energy.

We agree completely ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Make a connection and ask what it is your guide would like to speak with you about. Then let your imagination run wild. Allow any thing to come to you in the way of information.

John

Excellent suggestion - one I will take to heart.

Thanks again everyone. Feel free to offer more advice - it helps to get an outside view of one's situation. :)