Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Geomagman

Do you ever feel like you have the lead role in the Truman Show?

The 1998 film, The Truman show, chronicles the life of a man who is initially unaware that he is living in a constructed reality television show, broadcast around the clock to billions of people across the globe. As the story progresses, Truman becomes suspicious of this reality and begins a quest to discover the truth.

I was recently thinking that this situation is much like our personal discovery that we all are playing the lead part in a global reality show and for some of us, it comes a big surprise to find out that our whole consensual model of reality is just plain fiction.

But what I'm wondering about is: if these newly aware individuals can ever really go back to playing the old game? I've read for example that a lot of people who have near death experiences drop their old careers and things that were important to them and suddenly take up roles of supporting and helping others in career and in their personal life.

I'm especially thinking of what to do with my own future left here playing the role of human. I just don't see much motivation in working to get lots of money or recognition. The things I once enjoyed, like respect and prestige from being a scientist are so ho-hum now. Even the idea of getting into a relationship and having a family seems crazy to me.

Is there a "What color is Your Parachute?" career book for the awakened or do we just hope that in our remaining time that we at least keep out of trouble and become a more decent and spiritual person?

Your thoughts?
Old 19-06-2012, 03:25 AM
Master
yes i have mused over the truman show; it has some interesting concepts regarding reality.

i think the main question you're asking is regarding vocation and how to find yours, if i'm right? everyone has one or more which may change at certain ages, and i feel it's theirr duty to themselves to find it. i believe most people should know it or have intimations as to what it is. if one has many vices or for instance plays computer games for 7 hours a day you're unlikely to find yours unless its very obvious, like you have an amazing soprano voice etc. no implications of course.

quotes on livelihood and vocation::

http://www.buddhasangha.com/jkrishna...livelihood.htm

http://www.jiddukrishnamurti.org/vocation.htm

there's an excellent talk on it somewhere but i can't find it, if i do...

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 19-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Sybilline

When I was very young, I remember being a bit paranoid that when I wasn't looking, things disappear, or cease to move, then snap back to motion once I look at them. Sometimes I try to catch them in hopes I'll see them suspended in thin air for a millisecond or to just see a void then something. Of course it didn't happen; I already had a bit of a presumption of reality.

I used to think, what if I'm the only one that exists, what if someday I wake up in some place, and then someone tells me that everybody, my mom, my sister, everyone, is not real? At times, it actually made me feel so paranoid.

It's like the "when a tree log falls in the forest, and no one is there to hear it, will it make a sound" question. I was so very young then, that is probably why I really buy the idea of reality being an illusion.
Old 21-01-2015, 12:25 PM
kidkrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomagman
The 1998 film, The Truman show
I was recently thinking that this situation is much like our personal discovery that we all are playing the lead part in a global reality show and for some of us, it comes a big surprise to find out that our whole consensual model of reality is just plain fiction.

Well I AM living the truman show and keep pointing it out... yet day by day the saga continues with everyone happy to pretend that this is not the case... hmm...

Quote:
But what I'm wondering about is: if these newly aware individuals can ever really go back to playing the old game?

Once you wake you wake... there probably is a timeframe of where extreme external pressures could trick you into going back to sleep or believing you have a mental illness such as psychosis... yet if you look at the bigger picture is plainly obvious that the truman show is real that's about it...
Old 22-01-2015, 11:54 AM
Experiencer
Everyone who has woken up feels this way. And then we're surprised that other people are not interested in hearing what we found.
Old 22-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Master
i remember reading on a alien website that humans were (and still are) lazy many many millenniums ago. Like we are talking about Bronze age times here.

Anyway, the aliens decided to initially help out. However, over time they turned greedy, nasty and had no intention of letting go of control, hence today's elite were born.

Now they are determined to crush any hope of change for the better with World War 3 that according to Albert Pike has been up-and-running since Gulf War 1, 1991.

So this is one big ugly illusion and with the destruction of common sense, the elite are winning.

A spirit contact said 'look at the subtleties in the world to see how much they control your life'.

Example. Look at old paintings of the Colosseum, Rome. Notice how there are no wooden railings for the peasants to hold onto whilst standing on the rooftops, watching the game. That is because back then people had common sense not to cheer away near the roof edge, fall off and go splat.

Now there are railings everywhere to keep us peasants lined up under their ever seeing (TV) eye.
Old 29-01-2015, 08:00 AM
Mikerokosm

Awake just means you've reached a higher state of consciousness. from the time youre born, your consciousness expands. problem is majority of the world hasn't passed "teen" consciousness. To become "awake" simply means you've graduated from teenaged consciousness. But guess what, theres more; consciousness itself is infinite..its endless.. just because we have become "awakened" doesn't mean we've reached the end, there is yet work to be done my peoples.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:44 AM
DaveAdams

Congratulations buddy because you do sound like your awake, but that is just a major step towards enlightenment itself..If you were to say that all your decisions in life led you to a point of becoming awake, & they were all steps themselves then becoming awake is the first major one towards enlightenment....However you do also sound to me to have landed in the dreaded emotional neutral zone, which is very hard to get out from unless you realize your in one....I mean if you've been doing the on-line training into emotions & feelings etc, then you will land in an emotional neutral zone unless you also at the same time as training do many hobbies passions interests & loves....I've been awake for over a year, but I'm not enlightened although I do feel it coming for me....So think about it this way buddy with a world with literally millions of things to do & see, & the fact that being in a loving relationship is one of the greatest feelings in the world..Being sat there uninspired & unmotivated is not normal behaviour "unless" there's something wrong with the persons thinking, & so it's vital to realise that your in an emotional neutral zone & you have to force your way out from it by doing things you love doing whilst you maintain your awareness training. :-)
Old 06-02-2015, 08:58 AM
Master
Smile

Quote:
The 1998 film, The Truman show, chronicles the life of a man who is initially unaware that he is living in a constructed reality television show, broadcast around the clock to billions of people across the globe. As the story progresses, Truman becomes suspicious of this reality and begins a quest to discover the truth.

But what I'm wondering about is: if these newly aware individuals can ever really go back to playing the old game? I've read for example that a lot of people who have near death experiences drop their old careers and things that were important to them and suddenly take up roles of supporting and helping others in career and in their personal life.

I'm especially thinking of what to do with my own future left here playing the role of human. I just don't see much motivation in working to get lots of money or recognition. The things I once enjoyed, like respect and prestige from being a scientist are so ho-hum now. Even the idea of getting into a relationship and having a family seems crazy to me.

Is there a "What color is Your Parachute?" career book for the awakened or do we just hope that in our remaining time that we at least keep out of trouble and become a more decent and spiritual person?

Your thoughts?

I can't see how anyone could go back to playing the old game. It's as far removed from your field of existence as anything that was of interest in your childhood.
I see it as a jumping off point for concentrating on self. Experiment with a diet that is more fitting to how your physical body oscillates now. Take up some kind of meditating practice, and allow your inner guidance to steer you in the direction that resonates with the new you.

A book for the awakened? Sure hope not...it's a path of one.
Old 23-02-2015, 10:41 PM
Tazza

Quote:

Your thoughts?

This is a great post and yes this has certainly been my feelings since I started to awaken and become more aware.

I generally do believe we are being watched and played with, very much like the Trueman Show... for whom for what I don't know but I go with my soul/spirit and gut feeling and that says hell yeah! I always consider the Jason and the Argonauts film from back in the day where the gods are playing with the human race like a chess board making catastrophes happen etc.

I've certainly had that feeling a couple of times within my career too in relation to the trueman show as though people are deliberately orchastrating things and watching me work through challenges or when i've been targeted (call me paranoid but it goes on) abd that's not nice...grateful to those people today though or else I wouldn't be where I am at the time hurrendous.

I think there are a few movies like this that for certain people ring true or have some kind of connection. The writers or sources of these films may well have knowledge that we do not and are deliberately putting these things to enlighten us (hidden in plain sight)... hmmm food for thought!