Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-12-2020, 01:11 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I'm not sure. My character/personality has remained roughly the same, although here and there you learn about your weaknesses and strengths, and when to avoid/use them, and how you relate to them. Like introversion and individuality may be seen as (and associated with) shyness when you're a child, by others and by yourself, but as an adult it feels very differently.

The examples you give above do not strike me as character, but are about likes/dislikes and beliefs (which can be related to it though). Those things can change rapidly, even within a day, depending on context.

OK. Thanks!

I believe that some things will be difficult to change. For example: New qualities like befriending the devils, seeing human as a hero rather than a miserable sinner, etc. I believe these qualities may take time to obtain.

Last edited by green1 : 16-12-2020 at 02:37 PM.
Old 16-12-2020, 05:38 PM
Master

Character change

Quote:
Originally Posted by green1
Hi forum,

Is it easy to change one's character?

I personally change all the time, for my guide (Higher Self). For me changing my character is easy.

How about others? Especially for those who are not awakened?

Some info from the Web:
https://www.quora.com/How-difficult-...heir-character

I am asking this question because to those who ask me help, I generally say that they should accept to change for their guide (Higher Self) and the change will come. But I noticed that I have no idea if, for others, changing one's character is easy or difficult.

Please discuss.

green1
It is easy if by change there is degeneration. It's difficult but not impossible if improvement in/from age old habits is required. Just the way I can not gain health sitting next to healthy but I can lose health sitting next to person with contagious disease say corona.
Old 16-12-2020, 07:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Thanks!

What is a character? Why I cannot change it? I mean I can change anything about me, no? I first discover myself, for example I may be religious and change to be an atheist or mystic. It may take time to let go old religious habits but I can change.

Again, what is a character? Can you give an example of something I cannot change?

EDIT:

This thread became a vocabulary description of "character". The main question is: Can we easily change? (habits, beliefs, behavior, likes, dislikes, etc.)
From dictionary:
character - the mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual.
"running away was not in keeping with her character"
similar: personality, nature, ...
nature - the innate or essential qualities or character of a person or animal.
"it's not in her nature to listen to advice"
inborn or hereditary characteristics as an influence on or determinant of personality.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 16-12-2020, 11:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi forum,

Is it easy to change one's character?

I personally change all the time, for my guide (Higher Self). For me changing my character is easy.

How about others? Especially for those who are not awakened?

Some info from the Web:
https://www.quora.com/How-difficult-...heir-character

I am asking this question because to those who ask me help, I generally say that they should accept to change for their guide (Higher Self) and the change will come. But I noticed that I have no idea if, for others, changing one's character is easy or difficult.

Please discuss.

green1

Would present that change takes focus, being aware of what is desired to change, and willingness to change.

If unwilling to change, then it is not going to happen, IMO.

Depends on the individual. Some may be comfortable with the way he/she is and may just need some advice about working through a period in his/her life.

Some things just take time to work through and patience. Other habits and tendencies may be just a part of the way a person is.
Old 17-12-2020, 03:17 AM
Master
I’d say that character, trait, tendencies, nature as encased in mind body are confined within a limited bandwidth* (*the Gunas) of cognitive spectrum, for earth life experience. However, the bandwidth, so to speak, can be expanded by stretching the void of silence present in each polarity interchange.

Meditation is essentially thought rested awareness, or we may say that the gap between two successive thought waves has been stilled or slowed down, thereby exiting mind body identity limitation. Save unbound awareness, nothing exists in meditation.

So yes, it is possible to change. If we so choose or rather, be to become.
Old 17-12-2020, 09:55 AM
Guide
Thanks for your replies!
Old 17-12-2020, 11:41 AM
Deactivated Account
For me personally, no. Who I am is the result of my own experiences and nothing can change that. And to be honest, I care little whether or not my so-called guides and/or higher self are satisfied with me (should they exist).
Old 25-12-2020, 04:30 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I believe you can't change your character. Your character is the underlying of your nature. You can change opinions, manifestations, reactions. You can discover yourself.

Your inner guide will help you if you listen to it unbiased. It gives you guidance all the time, but most of the time you ignore or misinterpret it, because you don't know better, because your emotions and your intellect lead you astray.

(I used "you" in this post impersonally, not pointing to the original poster or anybody else in particular)

Agree. I'd say it's more about (real) change (i.e. that which affects one's superficial behaviour long term) aligning in accordance with the Self. We get 'purer' as we refine.
Old 25-12-2020, 05:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Thanks!

What is a character? Why I cannot change it? I mean I can change anything about me, no? I first discover myself, for example I may be religious and change to be an atheist or mystic. It may take time to let go old religious habits but I can change.

Again, what is a character? Can you give an example of something I cannot change?

EDIT:

This thread became a vocabulary description of "character". The main question is: Can we easily change? (habits, beliefs, behavior, likes, dislikes, etc.)
This depends on what you see, even what you accept. Including character is probably valid imo, especially if seeing everything spiritual. It is about seeing what is talked of which to me is not the body. The character of the body? The body is not the primary character. When saying it may take a long time to let go of some idea is that only in this (one) lifetime, and is reincarnation included. There are multiple life's. It is implied you will change but what happen if one does not let go, this usually is the case. What then is that character. There are many changes one goes through, that's all that's being said. Often people are quite capable of living a single way an entire life and do not let go of old religious habits fighting to change. The character you mention is in a process of change over many lifetimes and so becoming where some think it is set. Hopefully one is different upon return. Of course reincarnation is about change and becoming. I know of no one that gets it right the first time round, in a first try, that is not possible imo (or I would have done it myself) and not allowing change would be very wasteful for sure.

Last edited by lemex : 25-12-2020 at 07:37 PM.
Old 28-12-2020, 01:01 PM
Guide
Thank you all for your comments.

cheers,
green1