Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 26-06-2015, 09:39 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope33
I've never been on this particular rollercoaster ride and oh, so glad.

It does have its good points, like keeping in touch with loved ones far away, but that's about it.
The ridiculous details, duck faces and bathroom scenes, I can surely live without. lol

Duck face selfies are hard to comment and like Strangely, they live on..
Old 29-06-2015, 01:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow

Anyone else jump off the facebook train?

No but that has nothing to do with whether i'm free from it or not.

Quote:
The ridiculous details, duck faces and bathroom scenes, I can surely live without. lol

I should try making a duck face pic and posting it on here just to see if it will increase my popularity. lol i kid, i kid.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:49 PM
Seeker

I jumped off that train for about a week probably about 2 weeks ago now.... Really helped me so much in getting myself back together... I'm back on it now, still post here and there still check in with people but I used to waste HOURS at a time on it. I took the app off my phone so i don't use it at work or when out and about. I actually took off all social media....Hey guess what I'm no longer addicted to my smart phone!!! I was the ONLY person at our christmas party who never once checked their phone, half the time I forget it in my car now.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:00 PM
Master

I love it! I've lived in different places and I love keeping in touch with old friends. There are things that make me laugh and there are things that make me sad. I have learnt how to igonre and block things that make me bored or grumpy.

But it's not for everyone.
Old 15-12-2015, 07:14 PM
Master
The Facebook Drug

Its interesting to see all of your posts - Facebook is a drug - with its "users" trying to quit, relapsing and sometimes suffering from withdrawal... then picking it back up but using it in moderation... like a "social user"

I feel that Facebook is one of the many and probably the most powerful tool used to distract us from reality and draw us into a self-centered, self-obsessed world of "likes" and "pokes".

I feel that Facebook, and I must admit I was a "user" myself in the early days, has become a twisted version of what its intentions were, which was to connect university students.

After deleting my account, which they don't make easy, I felt so much better. It's so nice to not care about what people think of you. I just don't care. I don't have the time to sit and obsess about other people lives and I feel like I became a much deeper person once I left the world of social media, I'd urge any of you to do the same.

Places like this, where you can find like minded, non-judgmental people is a much healthier outlet for "sharing" in my opinion.

I just hope you all realize that your worth is not measured by the amount of "likes" you get but the amount of love you give

-V
Old 15-12-2015, 09:55 PM
Master
Just re-joined FB and am quite enjoying it.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 15-12-2015, 10:31 PM
Gracey

I am on facebook and I do wonder why I sit around reading meme's. It does come in handy to keep in touch with family and friends though.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:58 PM
Suspended

If it wasn't for keeping in contact with some friends and family I probably would not have a Facebook...

If I didn't have the ability to unfollow people I definitely would only log on if I needed to message someone...

I absolutely can not stand people who "Friend" me then discover they are constantly posting/promoting pyramid scheme stuff...I do not buy into that at all...
Old 22-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Raven Poet

I intentionally searched for "Face Book" on SF and found this thread.

Yes, it is addictive. I have checked it repeatedly through the day from my smart phone. Waste of time on some occasions.

I see myself having gone through a cycle with FB. First, I felt connected and plugged in, being new to FB. Then tried keeping up with posting funny memes and a few selfies, got no responses. Would see others get zillions of likes and comments on seemingly trivial posts. Started feeling isolated and unimportant. Got mad, seeing FB as a competition and a pure ego fix, with all these selfies and likes and humbrags.

Now I have figured out it is a tool - and like all tools, it can be dangerous when not used properly. So I use it to stay in touch with real friends, to read articles that are interesting to me as a global citizen and not as someone's mindless follower and yes-woman; and to be inspired by others posting about their activities that actually serve a higher purpose and not just to make themselves look good.

Someone called it "Fake Book" and I thought - yeah. You got that right.

So I ignore the posts that try to instill drama or angst, and respond to posts that make me feel good about being part of this FB community and the bigger world.

Thank you all to your comments here. Very validating and funny too!
Old 22-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Master
This just popped up so I will say I've been off the Facebook drug for 7 months now and it's out of my system. I have zero interest. It's funny the reactions I get from people when they ask me if they can Facebook me, or if I saw such and such on Facebook. I never say why I'm off but it's funny almost unanimously I get almost shock and an enthusiastic "good for you", them sounding sincerely aware of why I would have gone awall.

I have joined Instagram but I'm not following friends(friend for me are worth a call or text) or any selfie shallow nonsense mostly spiritual accounts, truth exposing accounts, and some alternative news accounts. Way more positive for me and it's amazing to see the news that isn't being covered by mainstream media.