Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-12-2022, 07:15 AM
Master

Sky... So two years on now, and have you come to terms with his martyrdom ?
Old 12-12-2022, 08:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Sky... So two years on now, and have you come to terms with his martyrdom ?

Yes, it's just sickening to think to much on what they did to Him, it must have been agony for His Family... John died in 1600, we are in the year 2022 and people are still being persecuted and murdered because of their Religion, when will they ever learn....
Old 12-12-2022, 12:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Yes, it's just sickening to think to much on what they did to Him, it must have been agony for His Family... John died in 1600, we are in the year 2022 and people are still being persecuted and murdered because of their Religion, when will they ever learn....
He did not take the coward's way out and he could have. Yes. Dreadful for his family .
I honestly will never understand why , as you say, that many are still murdered in the name of religion .
I can't be certain, but as far as I'm aware , nowhere , in any religious teachings does it instruct it's flock to go out, torture , and murder their fellow man ??

You must feel proud though, that so many churches, schools and colleges are named after him.
Old 12-12-2022, 06:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue

You must feel proud though, that so many churches, schools and colleges are named after him.

Yes it's nice to know that John's love of His Religion and His bravery has not been forgotten, especially in His birth place.
Old 12-12-2022, 08:22 PM
Master

Many Catholics were plotting to kill the Queen, Elizabeth I, in that time period John Rigby lived. No idea why. Religious wars I guess?

Some History:

In December 1583, Elizabeth I wrote to the French Ambassador:-

“There are more than two hundred men of all ages who, at the instigation of the Jesuits, conspire to kill me.

In October 1583, Elizabeth I’s life was threatened by John Somerville, a Catholic from Warwickshire, who had been stirred up by the anti-Elizabeth I propaganda which the Jesuits were circulating.

I wonder if John Rigby was involved with any of the Catholics who were plotting to kill the Queen? A bunch of attempts were made in 1583... Rigby would have been 13 then so not likely involved in those plots.

But that's a big reason why they were looking for people against the Church and family of the Queen in those days. The Queens half-brother and half-sister were murdered I think. One web site I looked at said this: "These are just a few of the plots that Elizabeth survived thanks to God’s protection, luck and the skill of her secret service, she had a long and prosperous reign, ruling the country for over 40 years in a reign known as “The Golden Age”.
Old 12-12-2022, 08:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I am not sure if you have this document.
I feel you are already aware of it. But here it is.
http://saintsandrelics.co.uk/onewebm...hn%20Rigby.pdf
Took a peek at it and saw this: "Elizabeth’s second parliament met in 1563 after the failure of a plot organized by the nephews of Cardinal Pole to overthrow the government."
Old 13-12-2022, 06:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Many Catholics were plotting to kill the Queen, Elizabeth I, in that time period John Rigby lived. No idea why. Religious wars I guess?

They wanted Elizabeth removed to put Mary Queen of Scots on the Throne and reinstate England back to being a Catholic country......
Old 13-12-2022, 07:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Took a peek at it and saw this: "Elizabeth’s second parliament met in 1563 after the failure of a plot organized by the nephews of Cardinal Pole to overthrow the government."

Margaret Pole is Cardinal Poles Mother and another English Martyr...
She was executed during Henry Tudors Reign. Written on the walls of Her cell they found,
"For traitors on the block should die, I am no traitor, no, not I.
My faithfulness stands fast and so, towards the block I shall not go.
Nor make one step, as you shall see. Christ in Thy Mercy, save Thou
me"
Old 21-06-2023, 05:56 AM
Master
"Take this piece of gold in token that I freely forgive thee and others that have been accessory to my death."
John Rigby, 21st June 1600.

He thought of His executioners before Himself and offered them His forgiveness, I hope His genes run through my blood and I'm able to easily forgive if faced with extreme injustices.
Old 21-06-2023, 03:35 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky

He thought of His executioners before Himself and offered them His forgiveness, I hope His genes run through my blood and I'm able to easily forgive if faced with extreme injustices.

This brings up something I have often wondered about. For those that accept reincarnation….to what extent, if any, do we reincarnate as an extension of our genes or not ? Or is our reincarnation from a totally different genetic pool ?