Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 18-11-2020, 05:17 AM
Knower

How have you been coping up?

How is everyone holding up amidst this pandemic? How great is the impact on your daily life especially now that there is news about successful vaccines coming into fruition? Has your local been ready since lockdowns' first implementation in your area?
Old 18-11-2020, 08:43 AM
Master
In one way I am one of the lucky people dealing with it. I still have a steady income and don't have any children in school. I really feel for the people who have to deal with both. I work alone and am an introvert by nature. Social distancing is not a problem for me.
But on the other hand I work with 8 clients that could be easily affected by the virus. I am always concerned about the health of myself and the other staff that work during the day. My wife works at a different home similar to the one I work in. 1 staff came down with the virus and spread it through the whole house. 2 of the 8 clients are in the hospital one person has been in the hospital for over a week. For the past 3 weeks my wife has been working in that home. So we're extremely on edge and being extremely careful. I don't want to catch it and risk spreading it to the people I care for. So right now life has us on full alert. But like you mentioned the vacine is almost within reach. Maybe someday I can go to a buffet again. Hahah. Everything is open here, I am just staying home as much as I can until things come under control. We never had much of a shut down. The schools been closed 75% of the time. Other than that everything remains open.
Old 18-11-2020, 09:50 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentenz
How is everyone holding up amidst this pandemic? How great is the impact on your daily life especially now that there is news about successful vaccines coming into fruition? Has your local been ready since lockdowns' first implementation in your area?
Hello to you.... It's been a very very strange year to say the least. Many are coping well... Many are not coping at all. It's been a split way of life.... Key workers carry on as normal ( with more stressful rules /regs)... And others have been locked away at home for months on end. I was one of the ones that was at home for months, simply because my son could not work, and therefore I didn't have to go over and look after my toddler grandson.... I am one of life's "copers"... I accept, and live accordingly to my surroundings, and I adapt to that way of life. And luckily , where I live ( UK) the spring and summer were fine and dry, so no having to queue outside the supermarket in dreadful weather conditions. Also, nice to be able to potter around the garden in the sunshine. I felt so sorry for all the people living in high rise flats, especially if they had children... Estate agents over here have said there has been a "surge" in property sales With gardens...
Old 18-11-2020, 10:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hello to you.... It's been a very very strange year to say the least. Many are coping well... Many are not coping at all. It's been a split way of life.... Key workers carry on as normal ( with more stressful rules /regs)... And others have been locked away at home for months on end. I was one of the ones that was at home for months, simply because my son could not work, and therefore I didn't have to go over and look after my toddler grandson.... I am one of life's "copers"... I accept, and live accordingly to my surroundings, and I adapt to that way of life. And luckily , where I live ( UK) the spring and summer were fine and dry, so no having to queue outside the supermarket in dreadful weather conditions. Also, nice to be able to potter around the garden in the sunshine. I felt so sorry for all the people living in high rise flats, especially if they had children... Estate agents over here have said there has been a "surge" in property sales With gardens...
my wife had 7 people she had to care for four days a week. We both were tested 2 weeks ago and both of us were negative. We both got tested yesterday. We'll see the results in a few days. (We have our fingers crossed) We think the people she cares for had it at least a week before anyone knew. It should have run it's course by now. It's been 3 weeks total. The most infectious time for the virus is before you even see symptoms.
I really think the strict rules and regulations from our jobs is really helping us cope the most. It takes the emotion out of the problem. You get a programed machine type of mindset in this situation. Like you mentioned a lot of others aren't coping as well. Here's an article where you see how some aren't coping well. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...al/6330791002/
Old 18-11-2020, 10:53 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
my wife had 7 people she had to care for four days a week. We both were tested 2 weeks ago and both of us were negative. We both got tested yesterday. We'll see the results in a few days. (We have our fingers crossed) We think the people she cares for had it at least a week before anyone knew. It should have run it's course by now. It's been 3 weeks total. The most infectious time for the virus is before you even see symptoms.
I really think the strict rules and regulations from our jobs is really helping us cope the most. It takes the emotion out of the problem. You get a programed machine type of mindset in this situation. Like you mentioned a lot of others aren't coping as well. Here's an article where you see how some aren't coping well. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...al/6330791002/
That's really sad hallow actually. So sad, even when seriously ill saying it's something else. My heart goes out to anyone that is not coping... When I was in hospital I was tested twice...both negative. I mentioned that my son and family are all positive....my daughter in law is a nurse , working on the covid wards. And yet it wasn't contracted from there !!! It was contracted from her mother, who works in a school... And she passed of on to grandson, whom she looked after for 2 days (because I was in hospital)...before she knew she had it...as you say.. you can have it a while before you know... Or have it and never know !!!..... But I suppose the people that can remain positive , have to help the ones not coping... In any small way they can.. we get through things together I find. Which is why , especially with Christmas, even though it's tough , I know people will make it nice where they can...
Old 18-11-2020, 11:23 AM
Master
Quote:
That's really sad hallow actually. So sad, even when seriously ill saying it's something else. My heart goes out to anyone that is not coping... When I was in hospital I was tested twice...both negative. I mentioned that my son and family are all positive....my daughter in law is a nurse , working on the covid wards. And yet it wasn't contracted from there !!! It was contracted from her mother, who works in a school... And she passed of on to grandson, whom she looked after for 2 days (because I was in hospital)...before she knew she had it...as you say.. you can have it a while before you know... Or have it and never know !!!..... But I suppose the people that can remain positive , have to help the ones not coping... In any small way they can.. we get through things together I find. Which is why , especially with Christmas, even though it's tough , I know people will make it nice where they can...
it's one huge mess. It's really hard here to help people who aren't coping well. There simply deny it even exist. That's one of the biggest issues in the U.S. I can't say anything more about the "denial plague" without being political. It's a perfect storm. But anyway there's a vaccine within reach. I really hope you and your family come out of it stronger. There is people helping with food drives and things like that. We just have to be strong and ride this mess out until the vaccine is available and a little longer. I actually learned a lot of priceless lessons during this time.
Old 18-11-2020, 03:04 PM
Master
Quote:
it's one huge mess. It's really hard here to help people who aren't coping well. There simply deny it even exist. That's one of the biggest issues in the U.S. I can't say anything more about the "denial plague" without being political. It's a perfect storm. But anyway there's a vaccine within reach. I really hope you and your family come out of it stronger. There is people helping with food drives and things like that. We just have to be strong and ride this mess out until the vaccine is available and a little longer. I actually learned a lot of priceless lessons during this time.

Hallow, you are like Elfin...... positive and upbeat. Both of you are people I enjoy being 'around with'. It is as if we are 'family'.

Who knows, maybe in the future when this is 'all over with', maybe we can collectively meet and reflect on our good times as we pass out hugs, etc.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 18-11-2020, 05:39 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Yes... And we can't bring politics into it..... I think here in UK, during first wave, people were very good , and patient, and getting used to it .. then restrictions were lifted....then the "chaos" of local lockdowns , which appeared to serve no purpose...now another national lockdown... And people are slowly losing the plot. I SWEAR , even the parcel delivery men are cracking under pressure . They are going to have their work cut out on the run up to Christmas. There was a parcel on my doorstep for across the road... It would have gone through letterbox... Plus 3 parcels outside my gate for a house 20 houses away !!!! It's as though they had cracked under pressure and just thrown them out of window !!! ... But the lonely, and elderly and vulnerable are finding it difficult, living in a world of isolation, fear and confusion. It's terrible really...
Old 18-11-2020, 03:00 PM
Master
Quote:

I wish I had my magickal healing wand. I hope for the best. I am short on words, what can I say?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 18-11-2020, 09:52 AM
Elfin

.....Oh and I forgot to say... At this moment in time, I have 4 family members positive with covid...son.. daughter in law ...grandson (age 2).. and his other Grandma...