Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 29-12-2015, 03:45 AM
Master

Opinions on this read (financial management)

Hi all!

Hope you're having a wonderful holidays, whether this is blessed quiet downtime or crazy christmas family + food time I'm being run off my feet at the moment with work/study stuff but hope to be back on the game threads soon!

I did a reading today on financial management - if I could trouble anyone for a second opinion it'd be much appreciated :)

Context: I've been reeeaaalllyyy trying to get on top of my financial management the past month, downloading an app to track my income/expenses, curbing spending habits/thinking a lot more about what I'm actually spending money on, and trying really hard to start saving, even on my tiny income (currently studying full-time).

Q: "What do I need to know about my financial management at this time?"

* Fountain Tarot

Situation: 7 of Coins rev. I always interpret the figure depicted as looking at options before discarding them ("this isn't what I want") which is more or less how I feel about expenses at the moment - turning a lot more things down and getting really tight on what I ACTUALLY spend money on.

Need to know: 8 of Cups (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/434245589046385378/). The figure in my deck has already left the cups well behind him and in this case I don't feel like he has any connection with the past - this to me suggests that a lot of my previous expenses may have had an 'emotional' root, eg buying things I may not have needed in the hope it made me feel better etc. In context of this question, it may be saying that I need to continue walking the walk and discard things that I "want" rather than need (also noting the 7 followed by an 8).

Advice: 6 of Swords reversed (REVERSE THIS - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/350647520964426025/, clarified by High Priestess (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/504051383270632766/. This one confuses me a bit - the 6 of Swords reversed really felt like it was coasting towards the future but currently instructed to stall (why?!?!?!) OR perhaps it's saying that I do have some kind of stalling feature I need to address. When I originally looked at this, I wondered if High Priestess was suggesting that though I'm heading in a good direction, I may not need to be so gung-ho, and it may be okay to leave some play money in the bank OR trust my intuition sometimes when it comes to spending - some things may be worth it/worth more than their literal price tag.

Likely outcome: 9 of Coins. Well, regardless of the advice card, things seem to end well...!? Lookit all those coins and the beautiful wall she's managed to build between herself and the world <3 #lifegoals
Old 29-12-2015, 04:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
Hi all!

Hope you're having a wonderful holidays, whether this is blessed quiet downtime or crazy christmas family + food time I'm being run off my feet at the moment with work/study stuff but hope to be back on the game threads soon!

I did a reading today on financial management - if I could trouble anyone for a second opinion it'd be much appreciated :)

Context: I've been reeeaaalllyyy trying to get on top of my financial management the past month, downloading an app to track my income/expenses, curbing spending habits/thinking a lot more about what I'm actually spending money on, and trying really hard to start saving, even on my tiny income (currently studying full-time).

Q: "What do I need to know about my financial management at this time?"

* Fountain Tarot

Situation: 7 of Coins rev. I always interpret the figure depicted as looking at options before discarding them ("this isn't what I want") which is more or less how I feel about expenses at the moment - turning a lot more things down and getting really tight on what I ACTUALLY spend money on.

Need to know: 8 of Cups (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/434245589046385378/). The figure in my deck has already left the cups well behind him and in this case I don't feel like he has any connection with the past - this to me suggests that a lot of my previous expenses may have had an 'emotional' root, eg buying things I may not have needed in the hope it made me feel better etc. In context of this question, it may be saying that I need to continue walking the walk and discard things that I "want" rather than need (also noting the 7 followed by an 8).

Advice: 6 of Swords reversed (REVERSE THIS - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/350647520964426025/, clarified by High Priestess (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/504051383270632766/. This one confuses me a bit - the 6 of Swords reversed really felt like it was coasting towards the future but currently instructed to stall (why?!?!?!) OR perhaps it's saying that I do have some kind of stalling feature I need to address. When I originally looked at this, I wondered if High Priestess was suggesting that though I'm heading in a good direction, I may not need to be so gung-ho, and it may be okay to leave some play money in the bank OR trust my intuition sometimes when it comes to spending - some things may be worth it/worth more than their literal price tag.

Likely outcome: 9 of Coins. Well, regardless of the advice card, things seem to end well...!? Lookit all those coins and the beautiful wall she's managed to build between herself and the world <3 #lifegoals

The only thing I get from the 6 of Swords reversed is, it's not time to leave the harbour just yet. The cards may be saying you've still got a while to go before you can relax financially and move on from any financial hardship. Similarly, the High Priestess isn't doing anything much. She's sitting there, unable to let go of her scroll representing knowledge. And let me say, she looks pretty damn miserable about it too. Maybe you have to wait until your studies are done and dusted before there is any significant improvement?

So for advice I'd say sit tight, batten the hatches and wait until circumstances improve.
Old 29-12-2015, 04:30 AM
Master

OH that's a really good point, esp about the High Priestess! Thank you! <3
Old 29-12-2015, 06:11 PM
55Degrees

I'd say it's definitely telling you to to consider any purchase in the reality of its need as opposed to how it's going to make you feel. HP could be telling you that you know when you shop from an emotional place but push that voice telling you 'no' out of hearing. 8 of Cups? Yep, walk away from the display stand tealily, just walk away