Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 22-08-2020, 10:27 PM
Experiencer

Pendulum work is a tool of Dowsing. Dowsing is a Truth-finding system - there is no need to fear it. However, there is good advice here to be grounded and have any protections in place for yourself.

Kindly learn how to do Dowsing by someone who knows it well, (even if it is at least a thorough article or book). Then you can follow the steps involved in doing it correctly, thus it will not be a way for entities to interfere, etc.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-02-2021, 03:40 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
I don't recall promising anything.....but.....how can it be dangerous to communicate with your own subconscious?
Pendulums can be used to communicate with all sort of beings, positive or negative. Therefore, I always recommend people to learn it under the guidance of a spiritual teacher and follow a standard guideline. A teacher would make sure that the student is connected to the right being to begin with, help the student to clear out any potential interference, and teach the student how to begin the section with some questions that will enhance the student's chance to connect to the right source in the future. Safety first
Old 04-02-2021, 04:21 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOhLight
here is what I believe. If you open yourself up to anything, ANYTHING will come. You dont need a pendulum to do that. You can sit in your room with nothing and say "hey! Is there anyone here who wants to talk to me?" and you will get the same outcome. So no pendulums aren't dangerous, our mind and our intent are.
That's an interesting view. I would say I partially agree and partially disagree. It is true that our mind and intention can make big differences. On the other hand, one can have good intention but somehow harbour programs or deep hidden beliefs that makes them easily attract negative interference when they do spiritual work. Those programs or hidden beliefs may not even originate from themselves in this current life. We all, unfortunately, absorb beliefs from the society and the people around us. And one can inherit programs from past lives. So, it is better to be careful and learn it properly from a teacher. Also, one does not sit in an empty room and ask someone to come and talk to them But when we use a pendulum, we are asking questions that we hope to be answered from a positive and legitimate source, so here is a possible opening for something to come.
Old 05-02-2021, 02:03 AM
Experiencer

My mind immediately went to The Pit and the Pendulum, in which case...absolutely not. Lol.

Otherwise, sure. It's just a divination tool.

If you're concerned that you might access the dark parts of your unconscious, then maybe you shouldn't do it. But I'd wager you have to face that at some point.

If you're worried about nefarious things you could always do a banishment and create sacred space first, then do your divination.
Old 20-02-2021, 06:01 PM
Seeker

You can also call on your spirit guides, and higher self to help give you the answers you seek.
Old 20-02-2021, 06:18 PM
Guide

Everytime i use them they seem to give me the answer im thinking of lol
i dont find them most reliable tbh but def not dangerous
Old 22-02-2021, 11:12 AM
Administrator
Pendulums are like any other tool it is the INTENT that you use it for
if i use mine i ask it questions. and always say beings of light only.

Namaste
Old 22-02-2021, 02:01 PM
Master
Absolutely,
"Pendulums are like any other tool".

Practicing divinations in other modalities will help people see this is true.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 23-02-2021, 01:47 PM
Master

When I begin pendulum work I request the information come only from the highest realms of unconditional love and Light. Only when the pendulum moves to affirm this and other affirmations, do I begin with the questions.
I hope this helps.
And yes, initiation by a healer/teacher is the key.
Old 23-02-2021, 10:42 PM
Knower
A few days ago I found a pendulum kit at the back of a cupboard which I'd bought years ago but never got round to using. I was thinking of having a go with it, not with the intention of contacting anyone or anything, but to exercise my intuition. Hopefully to balance myself, as I use my logical thinking faculty a lot at work.

But seeing this thread, I find some people have reservations about pendulum dowsing; what would anyone recommend for a complete beginner?