Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 10-06-2021, 04:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Right now, in the process of converting a van........

Should not be that difficult but: yesterday, the solar collectors arrived. They were (6) 300 watt collectors. Turned out they were not 300 watts but 50 watts. Not good. Got to send them back and then order from somewhere else.
was the system 300 watts total? That would be 50 per panel. How much do you want to spend? Do you need just the panels or the whole set up?
Old 10-06-2021, 04:42 AM
Master
It was (6) panels that were suppose to be 300 watts each so I could get up to 1800 watts of power. Instead, each panel was 50 watts.

The person selling them has no idea what he is doing and he is as arrogant as one could possibly be.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-06-2021, 04:44 AM
Master
Putting cardboard boxes together so as to do a mockup of the camper before I build. So far, it looks like everything that I want in it will fit.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-06-2021, 04:47 AM
Master
Saturday, I am going to San Diego to switch out my passenger seat with a van that has a dual passenger seat. Hopefully, that will come to fruition.

I ordered a bulkhead that will 'sit' between the cab and cargo area. I checked today, that is up in Phoenix so I should be getting that soon.

I also ordered some soundproofing and insulation for the walls and ceiling: that is on the way. I also ordered insulation and soundproofing for the floor from the same place.

Old 10-06-2021, 05:09 AM
Master
Those are all great ideas, you got my brain wheels moving. You're why I started this thread, you mentioned your van project and became interested. I have a million questions and get talked to about going off task more than enough already. I have delt with a lot of campers but never a van. I could imagine a person can use a lot of the same things camper related for a van or vice versa. Like adding solar.
Old 10-06-2021, 05:16 AM
Master
Fire away.......

at least while I am still
all pumped up'. LOL!

A van has an engine whereas in the minds of some, a camper may or may not have a motor. I would say there is a lot of similarity between the two.

Old 10-06-2021, 05:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Fire away.......

at least while I am still
all pumped up'. LOL!

A van has an engine whereas in the minds of some, a camper may or may not have a motor. I would say there is a lot of similarity between the two.
at the moment I am assuming you have an empty shell? How are you adding insulation to the floors? I know in my pop up when it's cold while sleeping. I always freeze from the bottom up so I bring 2 layer's of blankets for the bottom of the bed and 1 for the top that seems to work good, even with a typical camper mattress.
Old 10-06-2021, 05:46 AM
Master
Also what do you have planned for cooking meals? In my camper I don't have a stove. But gotten really good at useing cast iron and charcoal for everything.
Old 10-06-2021, 05:50 AM
Master
Some of the insulation is 3M's Insulate SM600L. I also use that for the wall and ceiling. Also putting down some foam flooring. On top of that will go some plywood and probably vinyl wood looking flooring...... or maybe some thin, engineered wood flooring.

Old 10-06-2021, 05:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Also what do you have planned for cooking meals? In my camper I don't have a stove. But gotten really good at useing cast iron and charcoal for everything.

Already bought a microwave and will use a portable hot plate.

Cast Iron is really great stuff. Someday, I would like to master that. I am in the process of redoing the backyard. I want to build the barbeque grill into some cement block material. Cast Iron would complement that.

If I start cooking on charcoal, then I will want to make an enclosed hut like building so as to make my own charcoal. LOL!