Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality > Faiths of Indigenous Peoples

Old 01-04-2021, 10:50 PM
Master
Thank you for this thread ImthatIm.

This thread with interesting input from all of ‘yous’, also answered a question I had had on the shelf of my mind for a loooong time, and it was whether I was related to Nils-Aslak’s ancestry/relatives:
https://newsbeezer.com/norwayeng/nil...commendations/

Turns out I am. And I do know the ‘Lapp’ areas (wilderness hunting grounds) they came from before they moved and became called “Saami” up North.

One more ‘energy-field’ story about a rock, a boulder (warning – a long one).

Was visiting relatives and we were having a picnic on their forest-block.
As I was sitting there, I started to feel a presence of a Rock. Since I couldn’t see one, I asked the owners: “Where is the Rock? There is a Rock here – somewhere.”

They said, they didn’t know of any Rock on their forest.
But because the presence of the Rock was so strong, I had to go and investigate - walking deeper into the forest.

After quite some time - couldn’t find it, so I gave up and asked the Rock itself to lead me to it.
Walked aimlessly for a while, till I came upon a track. Actually, there was no track, because the forest had grown over it, but there was – energetically, and the ‘energy-signature’ of that track ‘told me’ it was a Lapp/Saami track. And energetically the track started to ‘pull me’.

All of a sudden I was in front of a “Seita-stone”:
https://st2.depositphotos.com/100143...-the-polar.jpg

The forest had grown all around it so much, that you could not see it unless you were right in front of it.
As far as I understand, the Lapp hunter-gatherers brought offerings, part of their game etc. to this Stone. So, this Stone like ‘ruled’ … ‘governed’ a large hunting-ground. And even though the people, who had used this wilderness area, the track and the Rock had moved up North long ago, the ‘energetic presence’ was still there in the now to be felt.

Later, turned out the ‘Rock’ belonged to the owners of the adjoining forest-block, but his family had never known of its existence.
Later also a neighbour of theirs told of a Lapp/Saami stone stacks which had been on the 3rd adjoining forest block:
https://i1.wp.com/unusualplaces.org/...08/seita12.jpg

The owners of this 3rd block had clear-felled their forest and thus destroyed the stacks and disturbed the village berry-picking-grounds, which the village had become angry about, writing in newspaper columns etc. as those berry grounds are communal.

So. My point here is about sensing ‘energy-fields’ with one’s awareness. (Using awareness as a sense).

Also, among Westerners it always seems to be about clearing the past, the blockages, etc. whereas for the indigenous, it is more about re-discovering and remembering the old - in the now … and reclaiming the forbitten, lost gifts and abilities, that went with those.

And why did I sense it? I suppose it was because the users of this Stone had partly been my ancestors too, so there was that link.

P.S.
Aborigines talk about “Song Lines”.
This track was not the same, but somewhat parallel.

And as somebody had said:
“We all have got a song within us – it tells us who we are”.

Last edited by sentient : 01-04-2021 at 11:44 PM.
Old 02-04-2021, 12:23 AM
Master
Even though filled with his own mental aberrations in parts - the book “The Songlines” by Bruce Chatwin is one ‘my teacher’ recommended for Westerners as it does hold a lot of truth also.

Old 02-04-2021, 06:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Then after picking some berries a little dip in a pool.

Lovely Pics, a dip in the Pool sounds so inviting, I wish
I must try Huckleberries, they are a fruit I've not come across here, believe it or not Are they sweet ?
Old 02-04-2021, 10:33 AM
Administrator
Beautiful pic Huckleberries are similar to Blue berries or wind berries here

Namaste
Old 02-04-2021, 12:22 PM
ImthatIm

sky123

Huckleberry picking is an event, not just a happening.LOL
Actually it is a tradition by many.

Here is a quote about the taste of mountain huckleberries from a writer that pretty much nailed it.

The huckleberry is a relative of the blueberry.

Quote:
Huckleberry plants produce only a handful of berries per branch. And then there’s the taste: something like a cross between a blueberry and a raspberry … or maybe a blueberry and a grape, with an added brightness. Actually, the flavor varies quite a bit from area to area and even from plant to plant, which is part of the charm.

The quote was pulled from here:
https://www.seattletimes.com/life/ou...-is-the-place/

Old 02-04-2021, 12:38 PM
ImthatIm

A little better look at the Huckleberries and their importance.
Which the clergy seen it as almost a "sin" so you know Huckleberry picking is a GOOD time.

Quote:
A Methodist missionary described the 1843 berry season as “one great holy-day for the Indians, who preferred to spend their summer Sundays in the meadows of ‘Indian Heaven’ instead of listening to sermons that promised a Christian paradise”.

Much to the dismay of the early missionaries, Henry Brewer of the Mount Adams Mission in Washington reported that… “the absence of our Indian converts so long a time during the berry season being surrounded as they are by every possible bad example, and separated from the watchful care of their teachers, in many cases proves very injurious to their piety.

Ha, the berry picking in the Mountains is Paradise.

Quotes pulled from here:
https://jfdeters.wordpress.com/2014/08/29/huckleberry/
Old 02-04-2021, 01:36 PM
ImthatIm

sentient

Nice quote from your link.
Quote:
“I will die – as I lived – get lost with the winds of the plateau – rise in the song of the birds.

It is nice to live amongst the songs and the paths and the resonance of the old ones..They are everywhere to be discovered or in that space where they just come through.

Here is some music for all to enjoy, from Nils-Aslak’s sentient's relative.(In Remembrance)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xilt...6LpE8x&index=9

Quote:
Nils-Aslak Valkeapää - the central author of the Sami people, the defender and developer of the yoik-music. An artist who has been the key energy in giving Sami people back a belief in their culture. A belief that was close to be wiped out by the church and the ruling Scandinavian cultures.
Old 02-04-2021, 02:38 PM
ImthatIm

A few words from Winona LaDuke.

Quote:
As LaDuke tells us: “In our communities, Native environmentalists sing centuries-old songs to renew life, to give thanks for the strawberries, to call home fish, and to thank Mother Earth for her blessings.”

This saying does resonate with my Spirit. We participate in the circle of Life.

It was taken from this lengthy article:
Indigenous Americans: Spirituality and Ecos

https://www.amacad.org/publication/i...ality-and-ecos
Old 02-04-2021, 07:30 PM
Master
QUOTE=ImthatIm]sky123

Huckleberry picking is an event, not just a happening.LOL
Actually it is a tradition by many.

Here is a quote about the taste of mountain huckleberries from a writer that pretty much nailed it.

The huckleberry is a relative of the blueberry.

I think I'd better just enjoy the Picture
The only fruit I enjoy with ' Berry ' on the end are Strawberries. Blueberry etc: are not fruit's I enjoy, yuk
I know they are full of goodness but I just do not like the taste of them.
Old 02-04-2021, 07:50 PM
ImthatIm

sky123

It's a good thing chocolate does not come from berries.

You would make an excellent picker.You wouldn't eat more than you pick.