Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 09-07-2020, 10:57 AM
Just Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Seeing the Queen would mean I would have to buy a suit, etc., something I was not ready to do.

As for seeing the Dali Lama: the free tickets are typically reserved for monks and nuns. Being my wife was once a nun, she got the free ticket automatically. The monks believed I should get a free ticket but I looked at it differently.

I understand the feeling. Maybe another time ! Or maybe not, who can tell.
Old 09-07-2020, 11:02 AM
Master
Hi Tim,

Last month, a monk who lives at a Temple about 1 1/2 hours north of Los Angeles found out I had an Ammonite fossil. He asked my wife how much I wanted for it.

I wanted $800 but would sell it to him for what it cost me which was $400.

He offered $300.

I asked my wife to describe the monk. When she mentioned he is in his 80's, I knew who he was.

I affirmed to her he can have it for $300.

I was going to deliver it till I found out he lived 1 1/2 hours north of Los Angeles. That would have taken considerable distance from the other places I wanted to go. My wife said I could stay at the Temple for free.

Most people do not realize you can go from one side of the country to the other side of the country and can spend the night at the Temples for free.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 09-07-2020, 07:10 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
Hi Tim,

Last month, a monk who lives at a Temple about 1 1/2 hours north of Los Angeles found out I had an Ammonite fossil. He asked my wife how much I wanted for it.

I wanted $800 but would sell it to him for what it cost me which was $400.

He offered $300.

I asked my wife to describe the monk. When she mentioned he is in his 80's, I knew who he was.

I affirmed to her he can have it for $300.

I was going to deliver it till I found out he lived 1 1/2 hours north of Los Angeles. That would have taken considerable distance from the other places I wanted to go. My wife said I could stay at the Temple for free.

Most people do not realize you can go from one side of the country to the other side of the country and can spend the night at the Temples for free.

That was nice of you. It is also nice to know you can spend the night for free at temples !

Thank you for sharing.
Old 09-07-2020, 07:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim here
That was nice of you. It is also nice to know you can spend the night for free at temples !

Thank you for sharing.

My wife, regularly visits the Temple to borrow money. She always pays them back. In some ways it is like one big family.

There have been times when the monks have come to my wife for advice. That is how I get to meet many of them.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:21 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
My wife, regularly visits the Temple to borrow money. She always pays them back. In some ways it is like one big family.

There have been times when the monks have come to my wife for advice. That is how I get to meet many of them.

It is nice to have one big family like that !
Old 11-07-2020, 07:28 PM
Master
Quote:
It is nice to have one big family like that !
If you ever attend some of the festivals held at some of the Temples during some of the New Years celebrations, you probably would be over whelmed with all of the jubilation. (Some Buddhist celebrate 3 New Years each year).

Old 11-07-2020, 07:30 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
If you ever attend some of the festivals held at some of the Temples during some of the New Years celebrations, you probably would be over whelmed with all of the jubilation. (Some Buddhist celebrate 3 New Years each year).

Now I'm curious, 3 New Years per year ?
Old 11-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Master
What I miss most is all the racket that would wake me up only to find out it is another procession with one or more dragons proceeding to the River. One New Year, they had a dragon that had underneath it, 200 men. The dragon even climbed a pole, breathing fire as the people teased the dragon with a pole with a bag of gold at the end of it. All of this was going on with close quarter fireworks.

Surely......... the substance of dreams materializing before your own eyes.....

Old 11-07-2020, 07:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Now I'm curious, 3 New Years per year ?

January 1st

Chinese New Year

and the traditional New Year for the country.

Old 11-07-2020, 07:37 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
What I miss most is all the racket that would wake me up only to find out it is another procession with one or more dragons proceeding to the River. One New Year, they had a dragon that had underneath it, 200 men. The dragon even climbed a pole, breathing fire as the people teased the dragon with a pole with a bag of gold at the end of it. All of this was going on with close quarter fireworks.

Surely......... the substance of dreams materializing before your own eyes.....

I'll have to get back to you about that later. Is it okay ?

Quote:
January 1st

Chinese New Year

and the traditional New Year for the country.

That was actually fairly obvious ^^