Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 20-04-2021, 12:09 PM
Guide
Is the concept of past lives not kind of moot?

Okay, so if you accept God or Spirit or whatever you call it as a unified force. Like the source of all creation.
If you experience that, then you know that all this is an illusion and behind it all we are Source itself. And when you perceive that you understand that you are source in all things. The couch you sit on is made of the same stuff as you and I.

And that means everything you see is source in a different form.

Which means that technically we have been everyone? Like Source has been all lives, all existence, through time.

So it seems kind of moot to think about past lives in a linear fashion? As when you “ascend” or experience “enlightenment” none of that makes sense?

Do you get me?

I get finding your tribe, those who make you feel more connected and more aligned, and your spirit family. Is that the point of past lives for people to? Is it just a way of finding out more about themselves so they can grow or is it a vanity thing?
Old 20-04-2021, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalShaman
Do you get me?
....Is that the point of past lives for people to? Is it just a way of finding out more about themselves
so they can grow or is it a vanity thing?
I get you 100%
Yes, as much as the couch and my physical body is an illusion, so are my past lives !! Excellent surmise!

You bring up ''the point''. So I will give my take! (And wish I could give you a 'Like' for the opportunity.)
May we not so much talk about the point of specific things ...but talk about the 'the point' of the whole darn thing!!

Why the illusion of 'us'...and a linear experience of other lives and on this 'stage ' of the earth in this universe - with matter,
gravity, all sorts of limiting physical laws, personalities to bump into that could be of very low morals and IQs...(gosh, what a trip this place is)!

What is the point if none of it is real? Vanity. Excellent question.

Instead of going on and on as I do...I say, you truly would have to know the Mind and Heart of the Creator, period.
But...
I will tell you 'my take' cuz, it's too much fun!
(But, having your own direct revelation is best.)
That said - the Creator is singular and alone, The Only One..oh my, so utterly alone
it is beyond our understanding - you gasp when you exp
a peek behind the curtain !

So, my exp is that everything, (past life relationships, our own little brains in our heads, what we see, what we unknowingly create,
this brilliant system of karma or sowing and reaping, this entire Dream), is for one thing...
for this Creator, this Spirit, to experience all that can be experienced...in zillions of ways...with the most beautiful exp, the thing waited for? :
(Drumroll)
*When one of the created creatures - wakes up even a little a-n-d
Recognizes, acknowledges, sees and, thus, automatically loves this Creator.*
THIS is why all this Lila, this Play upon a Stage, this Cosmic Dance
this Divine Romance was created.

This is my input to your question.
And what is vanity? - is thinking anything is real or important...other than the One Creator...whether here or on the Other Side where
you hang out with past loved ones, as unreal as our own little individualized souls and minds.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-04-2021, 09:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Okay, so if you accept God or Spirit or whatever you call it as a unified force. Like the source of all creation.
If you experience that, then you know that all this is an illusion and behind it all we are Source itself. ...

Which means that technically we have been everyone? Like Source has been all lives, all existence, through time.

So it seems kind of moot to think about past lives in a linear fashion? As when you “ascend” or experience “enlightenment” none of that makes sense?

This may be true in an absolute sense, but is this your practical reality?

When you are hungry, do you tell yourself that hunger is an illusion and Source is never hungry and Source is already present in pizza so there is no need to put pizza into your body? Or do you simply get a pizza and eat it?

The same with past lives and linear existence and the experience of enlightenment. In an absolute sense all such manifestation is an illusion. But for those of us in limited forms in a linear world then we have to deal with all this on a practical level. Which includes past lives and linear time and perhaps the experience of enlightenment.

Peace
Old 21-04-2021, 05:13 PM
Master

Quote:
If you experience that, then you know that all this is an illusion and behind it all we are Source itself. And when you perceive that you understand that you are source in all things. The couch you sit on is made of the same stuff as you and I.

Do you get me?
I've always seen universe as a work in progress, incomplete, and I use to say we return to the source. But I wonder because here enters the concept of soul which would certainly be given meaning in the concept of past lives. Consciousness may be infinite and have every potential of existence, even diverse enough for soul as well as other beings, including spiritual ones and God. There then is more then God. We are fine understanding the physical is an illusion (temporary), but what if consciousness is an actual creation. Is the spiritual universe also an illusion and everything within is temporary and returns to source? I would say the body (consciousness) returns to a spiritual form which is it's source. It exists at the same time. It is the permanent nature of spiritual being that gives meaning of past lives where illusion is better then in reality, that which is not temporary. Experience allows clarity.
Old 22-04-2021, 01:43 AM
Master
Quote:

The Miss above covered some of what I am about to say.

Technically every thing you 'see' is YOU in a different form. Your perceptions are entirely created by you. Your point that what 'IS' is all made of the same stuff, I agree with.

The whole idea of 'past' lives only has any implication from with in time. As such it only applies to your experience in material reality (where there is time). This is why I refer to them as 'other lives'.

In general, knowing about other lives is more distracting than helpful for most incarnated as humans.

[advanced] Assuming you are spirit/divine/source, these other lives are as real and existent as you. As such, you can go interact with them or even do projects together. Of course, you can do projects with other beings too. However, there are certain advantages to working with yourself and presumably well aligned motivation to tackle the same projects.