Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 24-04-2011, 04:57 AM
Songbirds

Unhappy Chest Infection

I've recently been diagnosed with a chest infection and have been prescribed antibiotics (amoxicillin) by the doctor. This infection paired with asthma obviously isn't the best thing which could happen a couple of days before school starts again!

My breathing isn't the problem though, it's been getting better as I've been using my asthma pumps and taking the prescribed antibiotics. The problem is this TERRIBLE itching in my throat, going down below my adams apple into my chest (not far into it though. I think it might be all the way down my trachea/windpipe; I don't know though, I'm not the best with the anatomy of the Human body ). NOTHING gets rid of it. I've tried honey and lemon water, painkillers, salt water gargle, lozenges, the list goes on. I haven't slept in two days because the itch is so uncomfortable, in fact, uncomfortable is a massive understatement!

Does anyone have any magic remedies/medicines which may be useful? All the doctor could offer me was honey and lemon water, which I tried before in vain. I know the antibiotics will eventually sort the itching out, but I just want something to temporarily stop the itching while I try and sleep, because the lack of sleep is really starting to grind me down
Old 24-04-2011, 05:07 AM
Master
Surprised your doc knows of this symptom and hadn't recommended a probiotic and/or yogurt and the like. It's probably developed because it killed off all the good bacteria that supports a healthy system. Have you thought of that? Your doctor sure should have. Go get yourself some probiotic pills AND some good yogurt. Then ask your doc if he thinks that might be the cause of your itch?

Old 24-04-2011, 05:24 AM
Songbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Surprised your doc knows of this symptom and hadn't recommended a probiotic and/or yogurt and the like. It's probably developed because it killed off all the good bacteria that supports a healthy system. Have you thought of that? Your doctor sure should have. Go get yourself some probiotic pills AND some good yogurt. Then ask your doc if he thinks that might be the cause of your itch?

Oh that never crossed my mind! That's a great idea.

Would a probiotic yogurt like Actimel be good for the moment? We have some here now. Seeing as it's Easter Sunday I don't think the shops are open for me to buy anything else yet!
Old 24-04-2011, 05:49 AM
Master
I've not heard of that brand, maybe you and I don't live in the same area, same state, whatever. I'd grab whatever might work as soon as possible. I believe cottage cheese has some of the right stuff in it, too. A drug store would have the probiotic pills. We have one or two that are open all night.

Old 24-04-2011, 05:58 AM
Songbirds

I live in England that's probably why haha. Well it's just a probiotic yogurt :) but I just checked and the only one we have is out of date so I'm not going near it! The only yogurt I could find in the house is a frube LOL but I ate it anyway.

I'll try and get some pills and a good yogurt soon, thank you for your help :)
Old 24-04-2011, 06:08 AM
Master
No not the same neighborhood at all!

I hope I've hit on the right solution, good luck with it.

{and Happy Easter}

Old 24-04-2011, 06:21 AM
Songbirds

I hope so too! Hopefully I can get some sleep soon, starting to feel all over the place.

And you too! :)