Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-12-2016, 02:15 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

From a spiritual point of view what does the statement the top of the mountain mean to you. I grew up with a childhood game "King of the Mountain". I was never the King growing up.

Lynn
I grow up with 一山還有一山高(A mountain has a higher mountain) philosophy from my parent where we should never feel high because there will always something higher above us.
So, there's no top of the mountain. When we feel that we are in the highest position, it's only our feelings/illusion that we feel that we are in the highest position/top of something but the truth is, we are not.
Other meaning, keep low profile.
Old 23-12-2016, 05:57 PM
Ascender

... I found myself ... in that glittering, mythic lobby, where a tannenbaum stood, starred tip nearly touching the distant eminence of the dark paneled ceiling, candles burning low and dangerously among the needles, branches festooned with gold garlands and glittering ornaments shaped like planets, seashells, saints, stars.
-- Lori Baker, The Glass Ocean, 2013
Old 23-12-2016, 06:11 PM
Administrator
The highest mountain cannot be higher than when man stands upon its peak

such lofty heights brings with it new horizons
Old 23-12-2016, 06:14 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart
The highest mountain cannot be higher than when man stands upon its peak

such lofty heights brings with it new horizons

Amen--

Consequences of a perspective in existence weigh upon all the land--
Old 23-12-2016, 08:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Yes, I tend to this view seeing it as metaphorical for any summit one feels one's reached. That doesn't mean it's the only or highest summit and whether one climbs them is related to the rewards.

In a spiritual context the King / Queen concept suggests someone being both ruler and subject, control over the emanations of Self, thus in one view ruler of one's destiny.

Makes much sense Lorelyen.

And thankyou for the spiritual context of King/Queen. Often for moi, through journey and process I see the connections arise related to myself moving through things and life process. I wasn't able to fully articulate the relationship the King and Queen was in that context. Sometimes I just see these things moving through process and am aware but don't always correlate the meaning, just aware of many symbolic connections all streaming into my space as one as I am shifting, opening and becoming more aware of myself.

I find it intriguing at times when this happens, because often it takes me through the symbolic nature down through the ages naturally. Many will share they have past life experiences more directly, but in the now of my own healing and opening, it tends to just give me glimpses of these kind of symbolic aspects through time, rather than immerse me in them to see more..The now was always calling me more so..:)

I should have written all this down me thinks as I was moving through, oh well. Too late she cried. I just have to rely on others that have the knowledge more readily in their brains, like you..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 23-12-2016, 09:14 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulyo13
I grow up with 一山還有一山高(A mountain has a higher mountain) philosophy from my parent where we should never feel high because there will always something higher above us.
So, there's no top of the mountain. When we feel that we are in the highest position, it's only our feelings/illusion that we feel that we are in the highest position/top of something but the truth is, we are not.
Other meaning, keep low profile.

Hi mulyo,

Chinese know the same idea and philosophy of: "there's a higher mountain beyond this mountain" and stand for it through ages.

I am in Malaysia, may I ask where you stay?