Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 22-01-2018, 09:05 PM
Experiencer
"I have lived with several Zen masters -- all of them cats.”
--Eckhart Tolle
"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII
Old 25-01-2018, 08:49 PM
Master
'So we take responsibility for our humanness by really learning to take care of ourselves, and by really listening to what's present, even if we don't like it, even if it's painful. In that listening is amazing transformation power. When we give that kind of attention to our condition, it becomes saturated with energy and begins to move, begins to unravel. "Conditionedness", in its essence, is simply contraction, an energetic held-ness.' - Jon Bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalKitty777
"I have lived with several Zen masters -- all of them cats.”
--Eckhart Tolle
I love that quote, I've used it several times - it's so true
Old 28-01-2018, 11:36 AM
Master
"But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun
rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."
~ Jesus Christ
Old 01-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Master
'Nothing we do on the outside - no practice, no technique - is ever going to take the place of earnestness, or direct it; earnestness directs practice, practice does not direct earnestness. Desire for truth directs your spiritual practice, your spiritual practice can never be a substitute for the desire for truth.' - Adyashanti

'The secret of Buddhism is to remove all ideas, all concepts, in order for the truth to have a chance to penetrate, to reveal itself.' - Thich Nhat Hanh
Old 02-02-2018, 03:27 PM
Master
'All human unhappiness comes from not facing reality squarely, exactly as it is.' - Buddha
Old 03-02-2018, 06:49 AM
Eelco

To discover means to remove the cover, to take away the veils. We haven't lost anything but are merely uncovering what we already have. The world offers wonderful, creative, joyful, and meaningful possibilities simply waiting to be revealed. So, now we can all relax, because we are not searching. We are discovering.

Shantimayi on shifting away from searching to discovering

With Love
Eelco
Old 09-02-2018, 12:21 PM
Smile

When you realize yourself as a child of God, what karma have you? God has no karma.
And you have none, when you know
you are His child. Every day you should affirm,
“I am not a mortal being; I am not the body. I am a child of God.”
That is practicing the presence of God.
God is free from karma. You are made in His image.
You also are free from karma.

-Paramahansa Yogananda

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-02-2018, 02:26 PM
Greenslade

“The half-wise, recognizing the comparative unreality of the Universe, imagine that they may defy its Laws, such are vain and presumptuous fools, and they are broken against the rocks and torn asunder by the elements by reason of their folly.
The truly wise, knowing the nature of the Universe, use Law against laws; the higher against the lower; and by the Art of Alchemy transmute that which is undesirable into that which is worthy, and thus triumph.
Mastery consists not in abnormal dreams, visions and fantastic imaginings or living, but in using the higher forces against the lower, escaping the pains of the lower planes by vibrating on the higher. Transmutation, not presumptuous denial, is the weapon of the Master.”
― The Kybalion
Old 16-02-2018, 10:25 PM
Master

What binds me has been slain, and what turns me about has been overcome,
and my desire has been ended, and ignorance has died.
In a world I was set loose from a world, and in a form from a form, and from the fetter of oblivion which is transient.
From this time on will I attain to the rest of the time, of the season, of the age, in silence

After Mary had said these things, she was silent, since it was up to this point that the Savior had spoken to her.

Gospel of Mary, Mary Magdalene's vision of Jesus
Old 23-02-2018, 12:35 AM
Master
'Part of the basic condition of the human body-mind is a certain protective contraction that creates the ego structure - that's just part of being human, and it's not a problem. The ego doesn't need to be dismantled, only seen for what it is.' - Jon Bernie