Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-01-2022, 12:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Spirituality will tell you that there is nothing or nobody that isn't Spiritual, everything else is the Jungian ego

Nothing or nobody..

Right.

Everything’s connected we know this.

I think when you stop identifying with anything as spirituality or spiritual you would simply notice what is without labelling.

So when I hear you say to another ‘if you want to score brownie points’ say it this way. That to me has me wondering if you yourself still hold things under a banner of ‘what you’ think is right in all this.

You can believe what you like.
Old 27-01-2022, 07:04 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Try and grab a dictionary and look for 'judgement'.
It takes an ego to make judgements, to call things higher or lower, to call things spiritual or not spiritual.
I had a bad night because of you, because of the tone of your answer, it's not appropriate, it's just discussing for discussing.

Are you walking on your feet, are they lower than your head?
If yes, we live in the same world, and your head in higher than your feet.
Do you have gross perceptions and finer perceptions (ones that need more attention), can you differentiate? If yes, we live in the same world.
We need some kind of common language in order to exchange our different realities.

Then if you're in a battle mode, "I'm stronger than you", not with me, please.
Old 27-01-2022, 07:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
I had a bad night because of you, because of the tone of your answer, it's not appropriate, it's just discussing for discussing.

If yes, we live in the same world, and your head in higher than your feet.
Do you have gross perceptions and finer perceptions (ones that need more attention), can you differentiate? If yes, we live in the same world.
We need some kind of common language in order to exchange our different realities.

Then if you're in a battle mode, "I'm stronger than you", not with me, please.

I’m glad I’m not the only one noticing.

I don’t lose sleep over them all the same.

The energy or tone speaks pretty direct if your open to it.

The issue is often they think they know better and if that tone is not integrated into ‘not knowing’ or not better than, it often conveys a tone that’s not only very self assured but a little self grandiose.

They’ll then project outwardly for others to get their ego in check blindly unaware they are caught up in their own inflated self esteem.

Of course it’s not always. Just sometimes.

I think a little bit of humility in ones knowing and self assured manner brings one down off that pedestal.
Old 27-01-2022, 08:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Your reality is defined by your perceptions, your perceptions are defined by your beliefs and your beliefs are defined by your definitions. If you define something as being Spiritual then in your reality that's just what it is. Yourself included. But everything in our reality is relative to our definitions and sometimes that includes psychoanalysis when people discuss ego and self. Yeah I know, it doesn't make sense but there you go.

Makes sense to me. I like a holistic point of view, where we are the totality of our experience, self, body, perceptions, etc. Where to put what is a matter of detail. For instance, I'm not too sure that perceptions are always defined by our beliefs. They can but not necessarily (see animals or any being without a sense of 'I'). This is also a major point of disagreement I had with God-Like in previous threads on ego and spirituality. But as I said, that's detail IMO.

I view ourselves as the totality, so hierarchies of ''I'm this part of me but not the rest'', ''this is higher, that is lower'', ''I'm only the sweetness in me but not the anger in me'' is perception, temporary experience, a moment. All cool to savour it at that moment, nonetheless. Same with a ''spiritual experience'', it can happen, and then it and its effect are in the back again. Then you may say, ''but calling that over there spiritual and the new state not is judgement'', and yes it is. And it takes an ego to make that judgement call.

Last edited by Altair : 27-01-2022 at 09:51 AM.
Old 27-01-2022, 09:00 AM
Master
Quote:

Some animals have no brain, we have a large one..
Antarctica and Australia are at the ''bottom'' of Earth, here in Europe we don't fall off.
But there's not really a 'up' and 'down' in the universe..

It's all still perspective. Nothing is really 'superior', it can only be reasoned that it is within a certain context. But WHO is making THAT call? See?
Even so, it's all a bit moot don't you think? It illustrates the fine diversity of our universe.
Old 27-01-2022, 11:46 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
They’ll then project outwardly for others to get their ego in check blindly unaware they are caught up in their own inflated self esteem.
Right, it's a shame, especially on this forum where we would expect everyone to be on the low ego side. It tells a lot about the people behind the avatars.

As you're writing to me, a question: are you a very tall woman? This night a very tall woman popped up in my dreams!
Old 27-01-2022, 12:00 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
But WHO is making THAT call?
Someone who wishes everyone realises that path, that up/ down of the consciousness, to have a better, happier, healthier, more loving, more conscious world. Simply.
I don't care about being higher or lower than you or anyone else!!
Old 27-01-2022, 12:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Someone who wishes everyone realises that path, that up/ down of the consciousness, to have a better, happier, healthier, more loving, more conscious world. Simply.

That's the key ((the bold part)), a ''someone''. It takes a someone, a person, or IOW, an ego, to make that call. You are making normative claims here, what people ''ought to do'' or ''ought to become''. Only a someone can do that. This is part of the human experience. That is what humans (can) do. We can make those claims, and yet they exist within the human realm.

Zooming in further however, amongst the humans, there are many perspectives as to what 'we' ought to do or become. I myself believe it is up to any individual, you can decide what you want to become but you can't do it for me, no one can claim this or that is the right path for everyone. Others will disagree on that. But the key is, all of us are human and to engage here and make our points we have a starting point and what is called an 'ego'.
Old 27-01-2022, 05:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Right, it's a shame, especially on this forum where we would expect everyone to be on the low ego side. It tells a lot about the people behind the avatars.
It is. Great observation and great point. I love the observation you had and is my feeling as well, it is I don't disagree with Green thought as well and it happens. It is physical. Is any thought 100% based on the word only. I find common ground in both thoughts and I certainly agree with many things you have said. It is subject experience. The word spirituality somehow has seemed to become offensive and it isn't clear if people are demanding you not use a word or use my word. If it is it is a pretty selfish demand. It is also an opportunity to observe self, act, and intention and to grow. Find what works and doesn't work. I to use the word energy for instance whereas another doesn't. What we feel is subjective as has been pointed out and therefore relative, and means it can change. I will say this I and others have been here form a number of years and none as far as I know have changed our minds (now). They will have to speak to that if they wish. And there is a reason for this. We are locked into it until it changes. Tried not to use the word spiritual.

Last edited by lemex : 27-01-2022 at 06:09 PM.
Old 27-01-2022, 06:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
If it’s all different perspectives then it’s all ok when judgement ceases. See?
Initially wasn't going to speak up but a very good post. I consider this to be a very spiritual post. It is also true in the real world. The ideas are not at conflict.