Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 31-12-2021, 02:32 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Is that what you're thinking of when you ask if we totally die?
I do not have such definite thoughts as you do Bobjob, thoughts are to me just clouds in the sky, they come and go, and never have the same exact shape form when they come, and I wont try to change your point of view on the definition of Death.

Regards,
Antoine
Old 31-12-2021, 02:32 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
So many questions to define what we call death, if death is something that can be really define in a mind box.
We Spiritualists don't face any such dilemma. Guides have taught us that the fracturing of the so-called silver cord, the link between spirit and body, marks the point of death. That's exact enough for me.....

Quote:
Its like trying to define the exact moment, to the fraction of a second, when day ends and night starts or vice versa, or saying that there is an absolute difference between night and day.
The points marking the beginning or end of night and day are simply convenient approximations and those points repeat daily - there is always day followed by night or vice versa.

Death is irreversible, a one-time, no-return occurrence.
Old 31-12-2021, 02:47 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I do not have such definite thoughts as you do Bobjob, thoughts are to me just clouds in the sky, they come and go, and never have the exact shape form when they come,
Formless thoughts would frustrate me. Mine are clear and distinct most times, especially so concerning the point of death. My approach has been shaped and honed by the teachings of individuals widely acknowledged as highly spiritually advanced. Without such guidance my thoughts might be just as nebulous as you suggest your own are.
Quote:
....and I wont try to change your point of view on the definition of Death.
There wouldn't be any point trying to change my approach when you are so uncertain of things yourself.
I always declare I know very little about anything but the little I do know I know well. I hope one day you find surety if any of these matters have any importance for you.

blessings
Old 31-12-2021, 02:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
He said he was resuscitated and that he died a dozen times within a two day period. Forget his points. I would like to know how much was his hospital bill.

If it happened in the US then that bill would have been a big un! Death would have been better value!
Old 31-12-2021, 03:51 PM
Master

QUOTE Post 54 EXCERPT:
Quote:
If it happened in the US then that bill would have been a big un! Death would have been better value!

I was speaking tongue-in-cheek. If death had occurred, even the first time, no resuscitation would have been attempted even after Lambo had flatlined for the first time in the hospital for treatment of a disease. Cardiac arrest is the common final pathway of the dying process, which occurs as someone reaches the end of his or her natural life. What was the circumstance surrounding Lambo's death throes the first time?

If Lambo is indeed 18, as he says, then either he is the precious scion of a billionaire who needed to keep him alive at all costs, or he is having fun with us.
Old 31-12-2021, 04:40 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
What was the circumstance surrounding Lambo's death throes the first time?
The only details provided are what you've seen.

Quote:
If Lambo is indeed 18, as he says, then either he is the precious scion of a billionaire who needed to keep him alive at all costs, or he is having fun with us.
They're certainly a couple of possibilities. Either way it seems he's not around here now.
Old 31-12-2021, 06:21 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Formless thoughts would frustrate me. Mine are clear and distinct most times, especially so concerning the point of death.

Yes you are right, thoughts, formless or not, are frustrating to the one who is attached or identifies with them.

It is also true that a clear Imagination, Imaginare in Latin, can create form from Nothing, if creating form is something you like to do.

By having a clear definition of death you co-create a clear definition of life. Aristotle principle of no contradiction. I won't take this away from you.

Enjoy!

Antoine
Old 31-12-2021, 07:10 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
It is also true that a clear Imagination, Imaginare in Latin, can create form from Nothing, if creating form is something you like to do.
I prefer visualisation over imagination..... A mind's eye view, a representation, to help just me with tricky concepts.

Quote:
By having a clear definition of death you co-create a clear definition of life.
I can readily agree that notion....My primary interest is to try to help folk better understand life, death and what follows, the so-called afterlife - in that order deliberately. Too often people think life begins at birth and some think it ends on death.

Quote:
Aristotle principle of no contradiction. I won't take this away from you.
You wouldn't be able to....!
Old 31-12-2021, 07:22 PM
Deactivated Account
quote: "I died over a dozen times within a two day period and remember everything"

We've looked at the first mistaken observation but maybe for the thread starter (probably gone now) and anyone with an analytical approach, what about the last assertion - "I..... remember everything"?

How can anyone know they are remembering everything? or just some of what happened? How would anyone know if there's something they aren't remembering or recalling?
Old 31-12-2021, 08:06 PM
Master

Quote:
My primary interest is to try to help folk better understand life, death and what follows, the so-called afterlife - in that order deliberately. Too often people think life begins at birth and some think it ends on death.

Life, death, and what follows. What is the basic premise that guides your visualization of life, death, and what follows?

The consensus worldview of science is founded on the following premises:
1. We are biological organisms (i.e. human beings),
2. Consciousness is personal and it is generated by a biological (i.e. physical) brain of the human body, and
3. The personal consciousness, which begins with the body, ends definitively (i.e. no afterlife) when the body dies.
Closed Thread